Forced?

Will Our Love Change?

 

Daehyun’s POV

 

“Go home.” I said, not wanting to carry on a conversation where I had to explain my feelings.

 

“Stop avoiding it! You’re being a coward.” Eunyoung rebutted but ended looking shocked.

 

“Sorry I didn’t mean to say that.” She said and then her phone rang. To be honest, I wasn’t offended when she called me a coward. I am one right? I should have helped her before things got ugly but I just stood behind…

 

“I’m with my friend.” She said over the phone.

 

“I’ll be home soon!” She said looking and sounding embarrassed, like she was shy or something.

 

“Go home. Whoever on the line must be waiting for you.” I said walking away from her.

 

“Wait! You can’t just leave like that! What are we now?” She asked. She’s pretty straightforward.

 

“Nothing.” I said feeling slightly bad. I don’t think I mean that at all. I thought she would say something to sort of get me to change my words but she was quiet and it scared me a little.

 

“Look, it’s not possible between us. I’m not a nice person and we have totally different backgrounds. See those guys from just now? Just pretend I’m like them.” I said. I admit I have some sort of feelings for her but who am I to like a girl like her?

 

“I don’t understand! You’re nothing like them. You helped me just now when I didn’t think anyone would help. And what different backgrounds? No one comes from the same background, even my parents but they love each other a lot. I really don’t see why we can’t!” She said.

 

“I’m sure we have feelings for each other. Isn’t that what counts? Why bother about other stuff?” She added. Have I mentioned that she is bold?

 

“Didn’t you hear stuff that were circulating around school?” I asked, feeling amused that a girl didn’t care about what I do, where I came from.

 

“Yeah so? I didn’t see you do them. There weren’t any proof of you doing those stuff and I trust my taste!” She smiled. Why is she so adorable?

 

“How about we try out for awhile? But I’m not forcing you.” She proposed.

 

“I’m just telling you that I’m not a nice or good guy.” I warned her. It’s just a trial relationship right? If she doesn’t like me she will just call it off. Maybe I should be selfish for a change and search for my own happiness.

 

“So are we?” She asked shyly with a small hopeful smile on her face.

 

“No one can force me to do anything.” I said and couldn’t help but smile too.

 

“Yes! We’ll make this work!” She exclaimed happily. I want to squish her but of course, I kept my hands to myself.

 

“Let’s go.” I said as I carried my bag. I figured I should walk her home today to ensure that they don’t come and bother her.

 

The walk to her home was rather quiet. It was like she became another person. I didn’t mind the silence between us though. It was calming after whatever happened just now.

 

“You know… If you didn’t agree, I wouldn’t know how to face you in school tomorrow. I just realised how embarrassing I am. My gosh!!” She facepalmed herself and then groaned in pain because she forgot her face was a little bruised. I didn’t know that this stupid busybody can be this cute. Maybe, just maybe she’ll be a good change to my already life.

 

“I’m home! Thank you for today.” She said. I could feel the sincerity in her voice, something I’m not used to but I could get used to it. Wow. Her home is huge.

 

“You sure you want this?” I asked, doubting this whole relationship. I don’t even know how can people feel for me like that and she seemed like a really nice girl and I don’t want to hurt her.

 

“Even if you doubt yourself, don’t doubt me! I’m sure I’ll make a good girlfriend!” She said but she was embarrassed again. This girl.

 

“Bye, head home safe!” She said as she messed my hair and headed in, probably embarrassed of her little action.


 

Eunyoung’s POV

 

Was I high on sugar or alcohol or something? Since when was I this direct? He must be so shocked by my behaviour. Why Eunyoung, why?!

 

I don’t get why he always say he’s not a nice guy. Action speaks louder than words. He seemed like a nice guy to me. Those rumours were just rumours as much as he didn’t address them. There probably wasn’t a need to since some of them were too extreme and I believe he wouldn’t do it.


 

“Hi Sweetheart, how did your day go?” Mummy asked obviously wanting some answers since she called me just now and guessed I was with ‘hoodie guy’.

 

“It was okay.” I replied, wanting to head up to my room.

 

“Just okay?- Woah! What happened to your face?! Come here! Did someone do this to you? Tell me!” Mummy saw my slightly bruised face and grew concerned.

 

“It’s nothing. Daehyun helped me dress them up. I’m fine.” I assured her.

 

“Really? How did this happen?” She looked extremely worried as though I lost a limb or something.

 

“Just some guys fooling. I’m really fine, don’t worry.” I smiled.

 

“No need for me to call the police?” Mummy asked. I shook my head vigorously.

 

“Okay but if it happens again, I will call the police or whoever I need to ensure you are safe.” Mummy said. I nodded, hoping that there would not be anymore of such cases.

 

“Yes Ma’am!” I playfully saluted her.

 

“Oh.. Please don’t tell Daddy… You know how Daddy is like...” I added.

 

“Alright. Just this once. I can’t keep hiding things from him. It’s late. Go and wash up.” Mummy said as she ruffled my hair.

 

“Okay, goodnight Mummy!” I said and headed up. I laid in bed with my phone in my hands wondering if I should text Daehyun. Afterall, we’re an item now right? I should have my rights though I didn’t ‘legally’ obtain his number. He didn’t need to know.

 

‘Hey, you home?’ I texted but hesitated sending. After having my hands roam over the send button for a few minutes, I decided to just send the message.

 

‘Who the hell are you?’ Came his reply. Wow, harsh.

 

‘Eunyoung :)’ I sent back, getting slightly hyped at the fact that we are chatting via text.

 

“Oh. No. I’m at my friend’s house.’ He replied.

 

‘Oh… Anyway, about today… I’m not usually like that. I didn’t know what came to me. Have an early night!’ I typed back. I wanted to ask why wasn’t he home since it was getting late but I didn’t want to seem like I’m bugging him too much on the first day.

 

“How did you get my number?’ He asked.

 

‘Secret.’ I replied, smiling to myself. I didn’t need to tell him right?

 

‘Okay. Good night.’ He said.

 

‘Are you angry?’ I asked. I have no idea how to interpret his texts.

 

‘No. See you tomorrow.’ He typed.


‘Good night. See you tomorrow!^^’ I sent back. i really hope he meant that he wasn’t angry. I can’t wait to see him tomorrow!

 

Finally together? Is this getting boring? I hope not! Would love to hear from my lovely readers! :)