Drunk Talk

Will Our Love Change?

Daehyun's POV

I woke up and felt my head spinning. Just how much did I drink yesterday? I then realised I wasn't wearing a shirt. I panicked and checked if I had my pants on and sighed in relief when I found out I'm wearing one. Wait a minute, I'm not even in my own bed! I can't remember what happened the day before. How did I end up here? Did I cause trouble to her? Why does my hurt?

"You're up." Young said as she opened the door. I missed the feeling of her being the first person I see when I wake up. I sat up and covered my body with the blanket by instinct. 

"How did I end up here?" I asked, confused.

"You don't remember what happened yesterday?" She asked. I shook my head.

"You really don't?" She asked again.

"No. Did I do or say something I shouldn't?" I asked her, feeling anxious. She shook her head.

"I'll fill you in later. Drink this first." She said.

"Your mom knows I'm here?" I asked even though I didn't really want to know the answer to that. I'm ashamed of myself. She nodded as she handed me the drink. 

"It's hot. Take your time to drink." She said as she left the room. 

Did I or did I not do anything weird last night?!

 

Eunyoung's POV

"Daehyun's awake?" Mommy asked when I came out from the guest room. I nodded.

"Is everything okay?" She asked. I nodded again. I filled her in with the details while she was making that hangover drink for Daehyun. Sometimes I really admire how understanding she is. She doesn't lecture too much and trusts me to make my own decisions. 

"Alright then. Will you be okay if I leave the both of you here alone? I'm assuming Daehyun will feel awkward with me around. I'll just run some errands. Call me if you need anything." She said as she took her bag and left. Lucky Daddy was at the restaurant and Oppa left home early. I don't know what will happen if they were all home. 

"I must have given you a lot of trouble last night. Sorry." Daehyun said as he came out of the room. Why is he still topless?! Oh yes. Yesterday.

"Mommy cooked lunch for us." I said as I headed to my room to get him a tee to wear. 

"It's fine, I'm leaving soon. Where is my shirt?" He asked as I passed him mine. 

"Washing. You vomitted on it." I told him.

". Sorry." He bit his lip probably feeling guilty.

"At least eat a little. I can't finish all of it." I said though I'm not sure if it would seem like I didn't want him to leave. He didn't say much but just sat at his usual spot.

"So what happened yesterday? How did I ended up at your house?" He asked as he took a few mouthfuls of food.

 

Flashback

 

After eating dinner, I spent time watching random movies in the living room because I took a long nap and couldn't fall asleep now. I decided to watch some comedy to cheer myself up. 

While I was watching, I realised it was noisy outside. I didn't know how I mustered the courage to look through the peephole and found a lady outside which scared me. I then noticed her digging through another guy's pants for something. I heard key sounds and realised they were trying to break in with their key?! The guy! DAEHYUN?! Since I didn't want the noise to wake my family up, I opened the door carefully. It was really Daehyun and a girl. He was leaning against her, holding onto her for support.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Isn't this his house?" The lady beside Daehyun asked.

"Young!!" Daehyun suddenly shouted.

"Meet my ex-girlfriend." Daehyun smiled with his eyes closed. I didnt know if he was introducing me to the girl or the other way round. She didn't seem familiar to me though. 

"." She muttered and pushed him. Daehyun landed on the floor because he couldn't support himself and I didn't have the time to react too.

"Ouch... Bye bye!" He waved to the girl while she stomped off leaving Daehyun at my doorstep. Wait what?! 

"This better not be a joke." I muttered as I tried lifting him up. What else can I do other than to bring him in? 

"Come on. Get up. If not I'll leave you out here." I said.

"Carry me." He said as he swung his arms around my neck, pulling me down instead. I sighed. With much difficulty, I finally got him on my couch. 

"Don't leave me alone. Aren't you supposed to sing the birthday boy a song?" He said as he grabbed my arm. He was talking while his eyes were closed.

"It's no longer your birthday. I'm just going to get you a towel." I said. He made me think of what I did earlier today when I messed up the dates... Why am I so dumb?

"A present?" He smiled. I want to facepalm. Just how much did he drink?!

"Yes yes. Now wait for me." I said as pushed those thoughts aside and I went to get a towel and a warm bucket of water. 

When I came back, he was whining.

"What took you so long? Where's my cake?" He asked as he held out both hands.

"Be good then I'll give you your cake." I said. he probably won't remember in a few minutes' time.

I was surprised that he actually kept quiet and allowed me to wipe his face. It's been awhile since I was this close to him... Stop it Eunyoung! It's over between the both of you! Why does he keep appearing when I'm trying so hard to forget him?

"I don't know why you're still with that bad guy. But he's not the only bad one. I'm worse." He mumbled.

"Why are you the worse one?" I asked, wanting to hear what he would say.

"I hurt her." He said. Her? 

"Why can't you see what that bad guy is doing to you?! There are people better than him!” He suddenly shouted which gave me a scare. I covered his mouth.

"He's not as bad as you think he is and... I don't want another relationship to fail because of me..." I muttered sadly.

"It definitely won't be because of you." He said as he patted my head. Is he just pretending to be drunk? It felt like he was sober for a minute.

"Ah! A pretty girl can't be sad on my birthday! Sing me a birthday song!" He suddenly said as he shook my knees. Is he flirting?

"I said it's no longer your birthday. Get your girlfriend to sing it for you." I replied.

"Then be my girlfriend for today. HAPPY BIRTHDAY-" He shouted again and I had to cover his mouth. I confirmed that he's dead drunk. What is he doing to me?

"Stop stop! I'll sing for you." I gave in and sang before he wakes my entire family up.

"Yay! That’s the sweetest birthday song I’ve ever heard in my life! Thank you one-day girlfriend!" He clapped after I was done. He probably didn’t mean it. 

"I think I'm going to vomit." He said suddenly.

"Wait wait! I'll get the buc-" Before I could get anything for him to vomit in, he already vomited on his shirt.

"Daehyun!" I scolded as I closed my eyes. WHY!

I opened my eyes and found him asleep. Is he for real?

I cleaned up and then took off his shirt to wash it. It was a struggle taking off his shirt while trying not to get puke on him and while he's asleep. Did he come here on purpose to torture me? I'm kidding. I don't even think he would come if he's not drunk.

"Hey wake up. Sleep on the bed." I said as I tried waking and pulling him up. I think his mind is asleep but somehow, he's getting up and walking while I dragged him along with me to the guestroom.

Before I could put on a shirt for him, he was asleep again. I didn't want to disturb him further so I just covered him with a blanket.

”Sleep with me.” He sleeptalked and he held my hand. He probably thought I was that girl. Even though he’s dead drunk, I couldn’t find it in me to turn him down. I sat with him for a little while until he was really alseep before heading back to bed.

End of Flashback

"You brought a girl to my house, you fell on your , made a whole lot of noise, made me sing you a birthday song, and vomited on your shirt." I told him as I recalled yesterday's events, omitting some details that were embarrassing to say.

"So did you sing me my birthday song?" He asked. What? That was his concern? Didn't he find it weird that he brought a girl to my house? Ah. I shouldn't have mentioned about the song.

"No. You were drunk. You probably won't remember and I'm right." I lied.

"Oh. Sorry for last night. You should have called Hyerin or Hyung." He apologized. Right... I should have... What the hell was I thinking?! Stupid brain.

We spent the rest of the time eating in silence until the silence was interrupted by my doorbell.

"Darling! I'm so sorry about yesterday. I didn't know why I did what I did. I didn't mean it. Please forgive me?" He said when I opened the door. He kissed my cheek and held out a bouquet of roses. I nodded and accepted the roses. I was at fault too and he apologized for his behavior. 

"Young, who's there?" Daehyun asked as he walked towards me.

"Why is he at your house? In your clothes?" Jaehyun questioned. I could sense a storm coming.

"Let me explain-" I wanted to continue but Daehyun cut my words.

"Why are you kicking up a fuss when you're the one that slept with her?!" Daehyun said. I had to curl my fingers into a fist because I was afraid I would have slapped him.

"Get out!" I shouted as I pushed him out. Did he really see me as that kind of a person?!

"You think she slept with me?" Daehyun added while he was heading out. 

"I SAID SHUT UP AND GET OUT!" I slammed the door.

"He was drunk. I don't know how he ended up at my home. Nothing happened between us. Really. I didn't do anything." I cried out of anger and I was afraid Jaehyun would misunderstand.

"Shh. It's okay. I believe you." He said as he hugged me.

"I really didn't do anything. He vomited on his shirt so I passed him mine. That's all. Really. I didn't..." I continued explaining myself. 

"It's okay. I trust you. I was just asking. I'm not blaming you but you shouldn't have allowed him in after what he did to you." He comforted me.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have allowed him in..." 

 

Daehyun's POV

While eating,  my mind was thinking. I'm not sure if I'm being oversensitive but I think Young still has not put our past down. Why? I'm sorry for always hurting you with my words. I only brought Hyerin up because I didn't want you to think I still had feelings for you. I'm not sure what really happened last night but I'm sure it was the best birthday night because I spent it with you. 

I miss everything about her. I miss eating with her as well. I only rejected her offer because I was half hoping she would make me stay and eat with her. She probably knew that I wouldn't be eating proper if I left. I also wanted to spend just a little more time with her. I resisted the urge to put food on her plate. How lucky am I. Even though we're not together anymore, I'm still able to spend some alone time with her. After today, I'll not bother you, Young. Let me just enjoy a little while more being with you.

I almost cursed when the doorbell rang. I kinda had known it was that jerk. When Young went to open the door and I heard his voice, I was right. Why did he have to interrupt the peace I was enjoying?! 

I went towards them knowing it was him and that I was wearing Young's shirt just to spite him. 

He was apologizing to Young. What did he do to her? Why didn't Young mention anything? 

I saw Young feeling flustered so I interrupted her. She didn't do anything wrong. Why does she look like she was panicking?

I was taken aback when Young told me to get lost after treating me nicely. I didn't say anything wrong. 

When she told me to shut up and pushed me out, I caught a glimpse of that bastard's face. He was wearing a bloody smirk on his face. Young slammed the door at my face and I stayed outside just a little while thinking. 

Why was he smirking?!

I must have been tricked. Young didn't sleep with him. That would explain why she got so mad at me! When I said those words, she probably thought I was implying that she was an easy person. Damn it. I screwed up and hurt her again and it wasn't even on purpose... I should have trusted her and not let my anger control me... I always tried to find ways for her to hate me. I Guess she really hates me now.