Hot and Cold

Will Our Love Change?

Eunyoung's POV

'Reply me!'

'Pick up your phone!'

'Dammit! Say something!'

Jaehyun was sending messages to me. I saw them but I didn't want to reply him.

'Answer your phone NOW.' 

"Darling, come over now. I wanna see you." Jaehyun said over the phone when I answered his call. I didn't want my family to worry.

"Now? I'm with my family though. How about I see you later?" I suggested hoping to delay meeting him. The three of them we looking at me, probably wondering what was going on.

"Or would you rather I visit you?" He taunted. He would probably plan something if I didn't appear at his house.

"No! I mean, I'll see you at your place." I followed his wishes. The last time I didn't want to see him, he threatened me that he would send someone after Daehyun.

"Good girl. See you later!" He said and we hung up. 

"Is everything okay?" Mommy asked. I nodded. Giving a non-verbal reply was better than blabbering excuses.

"Jaehyun probably misses her." Oppa teased. If only he knew. 

"Go on then." Daddy said.

"Don't need to wait for me!" I said as I headed to my room to change before meeting him.

 

"You're here!" Jaehyun smiled when he saw me. 

"Yeah... you've seen me. Can I go?" I said, sounding annoyed because I really didn't want to be here, with him, just the both of us. 

"I spoke nicely to you. Don't give me that attitude! Why? Rushing off to see the cheater?" He led me in by pulling my hair, giving me a shock.

"Ouch no! Let go!!" I tried removing his grip from my hair. He released his grip on my hair but pulled me by my arm and threw me on his couch.

"Listen. I'm not going to repeat myself again. You do what I tell you to do and that gangster lives a peaceful life. You go against me or make me unhappy, you'll see what happens. Get this into your head. You promised me to stay away from him. You're still my girlfriend so you're mine. You belong to me. You got that?" He squeezed my cheeks harshly. I could only nod because I was scared. I tried to stand up for myself and fight back but he overpowered me anyway. So why even bother?

"Good. Now that's cleared up, make me something to eat. Then we'll watch a movie together." He ordered as he patted my cheek, surprisingly, it was soft pats. 

Honestly, I'm still quite bad at cooking (but better than before) and luckily, he didn't stock up his fridge so he only had ramyeon. I can handle ramyeon and I don't want to end up cooking a feast for him.

"Are you done?" He shouted from the living room.

"Almost!" I replied back. I hope he doesn't rush me further because I don't want to accidentally burn myself while cooking ramyeon. He wouldn't care anyway.

"Took you long enough. Nevermind. Grab your utensils and share with me." He said when I brought out the pot. 

"I'm not really hungry." I replied. 

"Suit yourself. Why are u still standing? Sit and watch the movie with me." He said as he pulled me down to sit with him. It wasn't a rough pull. I'm really confused. One moment he's manhandling me, another moment he's being his past 'nice' self. 

We watched a random movie but I was surprised that he didn't choose a mature themed movie. It was a romantic comedy movie. He had his arm around me as soon as he finished his ramyeon. Why can't he be his this self? If I had to be with him, I would rather him be like this. It makes this a tad bit more barable, when he is not flaring up. Who am I kidding? After seeing his true colours, I can't stand being this close to him, doing everyday stuff like nothing happened. I can't wait till this day ends and for me to head back home. 

Weeks passed with this being a routine. He would ask me to hang out at his place. He was really unpredictable. I felt like I was walking on thin ice. I had to be extra careful. On his good days, we would just chill and I had to pretend I was alright with everything even though I didn't want to be here at all. However, on not so good days, he would vent his anger on me. He would throw things around his house and expected me to tidy them up. He would say mean things at me.

Tonight, he had his friends over for some soccer match. At first, I didn't know why he even called me to come over when he told me his friends were coming. Then I knew why when I got here. I became his maid... I hated it! His bunch of friends were the same bunch that witnessed me messing up when I celebrated Daehyun's birthday. His friends dirtied the place on purose. Jaehyun wasn't the one who kept calling me. It was his friends. He just sat there and watch them humiliate me. They would ask me to bring them more drinks then change their minds and ask me for snacks. Them being indecisive just made matters worse. They also threw all the rubbish and crumbs on the floor expecting me to clean them up. Don't break down Eunyoung! Just take it as a lesson learnt, never screw up birthdates. 

"Guys, that's enough. She's my girlfriend." Finally he said something. 

"Come here." He looked at me and patted the couch asking me to sit beside him. Anything else is better than serving them. I sat down with a huge gap between us. He wraped his arm around my shoulders and pulled me closer to him. I thought he would have just left me there but he started kissing me on my cheeks, my shoulders, wherever he wanted to. I was disgusted to say the least. I hate that I couldn't do anything about it...

"Stop please." I mumbled, not wanting to spoil his mood.

"Why? You're my girlfriend." He stated as he continued hugging and kissing me.

"Your friends are here." I said, hoping to it'll somehow make him stop.

"Oh. I get it. You want more privacy. We'll continue later." He smirked but stopped. Ewww but at least he stopped.

The night went by better than I expected even though his friends did not stop bothering me. At least no hands were on me. I survived another night with him...

 

Three days later, He dropped by my house and asked me out. I was taken aback because I didn't expect us to hang out in public. I'm not sure if I felt relieved because he won't be able to do much when we're surrounded with the crowd.

"Bye! Let me know what time you're coming back." Mommy said as she waved us goodbye. Jaehyun had his arm wrapped around my waist, looking like a legit couple.

The entire day I was on my toes. I didn't know what his next move was, whether he would insult me, grab me roughly, shout at me or he would actually behave like how a boyfriend would. Not that I'm acknowledging him as my boyfriend.

I was surprised again when the day went by fairly uneventful, just us walking around the streets, him occasionally buying things for me. He even bought a pair of couple shoes. If the fight between him and Daehyun didn't happen, I would have believed that he is a good guy.

"See Darling, if you're good, we get to do sweet things together, going on dates and shopping. I really hope you'll behave and not make me angry. It's not that I want to hurt you but sometimes you make me so mad that I just lose control. Let's not fight again okay?" He said. I just nod to pacify him and also because I was afraid of him.

"Let's go back to my place. I'll cook for you." He said as we walked to his car.

"Should we just eat out since we're already out?" I asked timidly.

"I want to cook for you, a little candle light dinner at home." He smiled.

"Alright." I nodded.

"Oh text your mom. Tell her I'll send you home." Jaehyun reminded me. 

Little did I know that I shouldn't have agreed or rather, I should have been more careful.

 

He drove us back to his house and started working on dinner. 

"Darling, come and help me." He called out from the kitchen. 

"What happened to you cooking for me?" I said but immediately covered my mouth. What if he didn't want to hear me talking back to him? 

"It's more romantic doing it together and I love it when I can watch you cook." He said as though I didn't offend him. I really hope I didn't.

He helped me tie an apron around me and we got started. He wanted to cook some steak. STEAK! How can I handle steak?! 

"Um. In case you didn't already know, I'm a really bad cook. I don't know how to cook steak..." I said.

"It's fine. We'll just watch tutorials." He said. If everyone could learn from tutorials, schools would have closed down! 

We prepared the ingredients needed and now all that we have to do is to actually cook the steaks. 

Jaehyun put the steaks into the pan and I just watched.

"Darling, turn the steaks every minute. I'm going to pee." He said as he handed me the tongs. Turning every minute. Right. Nothing difficult. 

After about three turns, Jaehyun hasn't come back from the bathroom. I thought guys always take a short time? Maybe he had to do other stuff. 

"Jaehyun? I don't know if it's cooked to how you want it." I shouted. I'm not sure if he heard me. 

"Oh you're here. Can you -" I wanted to ask him to check the steaks but he stomped in and turned off the fire.

"Wh-what happened? Where are you taking me?" I asked as he grabbed my wrist and brought me to his room. I started panicking. 

"What did I do again?" I asked. He was always angry when I did something wrong. It must be me right?

"Stop it please. What happened?" I asked but didn't get any response from him and then he just threw me onto his bed like I was a doll. 

"Jaehyun, what did I do? I'm sorry. At least tell me what happened." I asked. I do not like where this was going. He slammed the door shut and I jumped a little. 

"No no. Stop please. I don't know what happened but please don't do this." I begged.

"SHUT UP!" He shouted at my face and then gave me a slap across, he's been doing that a lot lately. He took his ties and tied my wrists together to the side of bed frame. I was seated with my back resting against the head rest. I struggled but he would just pull the ties tighter. 

"STOP MOVING! DO YOU WANT TO GET HURT?!" He shouted when I kept struggling. 

"You're hurting me!" I shouted. He slapped me again and then took the end of his blanket and stuffed it into my mouth. I was already crying. 

"You made me do this! Why don't you ever listen to me?! You met with that gangster behind my back! WHY!" He yelled into my face as he showed me my phone with the messages Daehyun and I exchanged. 

"It was some time back. I swear after you warned me I didn't message him already!" I said between sobs. 

"Still, it was after the fight. I told you on that very day. You didn't listen so I have to do something to get it inside your head. You will stay here tied and locked." He gave me an evil smile and then headed out.

"Please, please let me go! I'm sorry! I really won't meet him again!" I pleaded.

"You always say the same thing but you keep breaking your promises. How do I trust you sweetheart?" He left his room. 

I tried to struggle out and the ties but it was no use. They were too tight around my wrists and it became a dead knot. I just couldn't break free and also because I was on his bed, there was nothing I could use to cut his ties.

I hate him! I could only wait for him to release me hopefully by midnight if he didn't want to get in trouble with my parents. 

I sat on his bed, thinking of that very day I met Daehyun.

 

Flashback

A few days after the fight, I was dead worried about Daehyun. I needed to know if he was okay. I texted him but he didn't reply. I called him but he didn't answer as well. I was worried sick. Is there anyone taking care of him? Right, his girlfriend. Still, I had to know that he is safe. Oh! Himchan oppa! 

"Oh Daehyun's girl! Oops. Sorry, slip of tongue. What's up?" Oppa answered. Thankfully I decided to call him.

"Oppa, sorry for bothering you but I just want to know if Daehyun is with you?" I asked.

"Nope." He replied. I got disappointed.

"Oh... Then I guess it's alright then." I replied.

"But he's currently staying with me. He's coming back later. Is there anything I can help?" He asked. Well, since he asked.

"I really don't mean to bother or intrude but can I drop by later? When Daehyun is back?" I requested.

"Yeah sure. I'll let him know." He replied.

"No! It's okay! Can I just drop by without telling him? I don't think he will stay home if he knows I'm coming." I said.

"What nonsense! Daehyun not wanting to see you? Ha. But since it's you, sure. I'll not tell him. Just drop by at night." 

"Thank you Oppa." I thanked him and hung up.

That night when I dropped by oppa's place, I rang the doorbell, hoping Daehyun would open the door.

"Young? What are you doing here?" He asked when he opened the door. I could tell he was surprised but I'm not sure if he was happy to see me or not.

"You're okay." I finally felt relieved seeing him. All my worries about him being unwell disappeared. He still had bruises here and there but he wasn't lifeless. He was just standing there giving me a blur look. I wanted to hug him so bad but I know my place.

"Hey hey, don't cry. You haven't tell me what's going on. Why are you here?" Daehyun came closer to me and wiped my tears and brought me to the couch. I guess my tears fell because I was so relieved that he's okay and I feel guilty for landing him in this state.

"I...I just wanted to know if you're recovering well I mean, of course you're recovering well. You have your girlfriend and your hyung around. You will be fine." I told him.

"Why didn't you reply my texts or calls?" I asked.

"I was busy." He hesitated before saying. Oh... I suddenly felt like I cared too much unnecessarily. I could tell that him saying that he was busy was probably just a nicer way to say that he was spending time with his girlfriend.

"It's late. I better go." I said. I feel stupid.

"I'll walk you home." Daehyun offered.

"It's alright. You don't need to. Take care." I said as left. 

'Are you home?' Daehyun texted me about 15 minutes after I reached.

'Yes.' I replied and our conversation ended there.

End of flashback

 

Jaehyun didn't even need to care about the text because there's nothing on between us... Also, what is up with the both of them?! Sometimes they treat me okay, sometimes I feel like I overthink their nice actions.

Jaehyun entered the room after about two hours.

"Jaehyun please let me go. I assure there's nothing going on between Daehyun and I. I won't see him again." I said I really don't want to be stuck here.

"You haven't eaten. I'll feed you." He said but totally ignored whatever I said. He already had the steak chopped into bite sizes.

"Can't you just untie me? I promise I won't run. Just untie me please." I tried again.

"Eat first." He said as he held a piece of steak in front of my mouth.

"Please." I didn't give up.

"I SAID EAT FIRST! If you ever want me to untie you. " He lost his cool and stuffed the meat into my mouth. It was cold and hard and a little bit burnt but I could only listen to him. He fed me in silence till I finished everything even though I didn't enjoy it.

"Jaehyun!" I called out to him but he had already left the room.

I didn't know what to do and I ended falling asleep in that position. I woke up when I felt the bed sink. Jaehyun came in again but this time round, I didn't like his vibe. He came closer to me and placed his hands on my thigh. I looked down and realised my thighs were quite exposed and his palm was carressing with occasional grabs. No. No. No.

 

 

Sorry for the three months wait again. Don't want to promise when my next chapter will be up because I don't want to break my promise. Thanks for sticking by my super irregular updates!