The Truth

Will Our Love Change?

Eunyoung’s POV

 

I.. I think I like him… My heart tends to beat a whole lot faster when I think of him. I wonder what he’s doing, I wonder if he had eaten, if he had reached home safe, will he have anymore cuts… Will he get hurt again? It’s not the weather. I really think I like him… Whenever random moments come into my mind, I can’t help but smile at the memories. As much as I want to tell him, I should probably not. I’m sure he doesn’t have that sort of feelings for me judging from the way he treats me. Unrequited love big time.


 

The next few days I didn’t see him at school which made the times in school more boring. I wonder what happened to him. Was he sick? Or were the rumours about him being expelled true? It can’t be right? I don’t remember him causing any trouble.

 

I was eating with my friend during break when coincidentally, the topic of relationships came up.

 

“How do you know if you really like someone?” I asked as I was inexperienced in the love department while friend is currently dating.

 

“Let’s just say you think of him a lot, you want to see him a lot, want to spend time with him, he'll be the person that you want to share stuff with, you create scenarios in your mind which will probably never happen - wait, why are you suddenly asking me this? Someone is in your head now right?” She gave me a knowing look.

 

 

“Erm no! It’s just that since we’re.. we’re on this topic so I thought I’d just ask. Nothing much.” I said and avoided her gaze.

 

“Right. Like I believe you. Who is he?” She probed.

 

“I said no one.” Still not looking at her. I better hide my expression well.

 

“Aw come on! Do you even consider me as your closest and bestest friend?” She whined as she shook my arm, persistent in getting me to reveal. I guess telling her won’t hurt too much right?

 

“I’m not so sure about my feelings yet but you gotta keep it a secret okay?” I said.

 

“Yes yes! Anything! Quick! I’m dying of curiousity!” She rushed me.

 

“Daehyun.” I said real quick, looking at my fingers.

 

“Dae-daehyun? Why?” She stuttered.

 

“I don’t know too. I think Daehyun’s a nice guy despite what everyone thinks he appears to be and it feels nice spending time with him.” I mumbled.

 

“Daehyun!” She said.

 

“Yeah shh. why are you repeating his name?” I looked at her, she was pointing to somewhere behind me and OH . DAEHYUN WAS JUST STANDING BEHIND ME! I couldn’t read his expression but all I know now is I want to hide in a hole and never come out. How could he findarrow-10x10.png out like this? I wasn’t even sure of my feelings! Suddenly, awkward silence filled the air.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me earlier?! Aish!” I asked my friend. At that moment, I just wanted to run away in which I did. I avoided looking at him and just headed for class. Aish! I feel so damn stupid. Now it’s gonna be so awkward because I sure know he doesn’t like me like that.

 

I quickly ducked my head when I saw Daehyun enteringarrow-10x10.png the class. Please don’t see me. Please don’t see me.. I chanted in my head as if I had magic powers.

 

Then, I felt a knock on my table. I looked up and Daehyun was standing there.

 

“Daehyun…I can explain! It’s not what-” I blurted. Me and my stupid mouth.

 

“No need. We can’t.” Daehyun cut me off softly and then walked away. I could hear chuckling from the people around me. Ah now I’m ashamed. Why am I even surprised that such news would spread like wild fire? It’s the first time I’m feeling like this. Why do I feel like crying? Keep your tears in Eunyoung! Don’t be so pathetic! I closed my eyes, hoping my tears wouldn’t flow. I feel like a fool. I can’t wait for the day to end. I want to go home.



 

Daehyun’s POV

 

Himchan hyung was arranging a friendly match with some other people and I agreed. He said it would help if we had more exposure.

 

When the other party appeared, they seemed a little familiar to me though I’m not really sure if I ever saw them before.

 

We started attacking with punches and kicks. I felt slightly better because we had the upper hand. When it was time to train, we really trained. We had techniques while the opponent were attacking blindly which tire them rather quickly. After a few rounds, I could tell they were losing patience. They were attacking like they were made to kill. I managed to spot their weakness and ended winning the match. It was supposed to be a friendly match but they didn’t seem like they knew what friendly was but whatever, I probably won’t see them again.

 

“Hyung, can I stay over tonight?” I asked over supper.

 

“You know you don’t even need to ask. We need to get you cleaned up, you got bruised quite badly.” Hyung replied.

 

“Thanks hyung…”


 

I didn’t attend school for a few days because I didn’t want people to bother and load me with questions about my bruises. I wanted them to heal a little before showing face. When I walked into school during break time, I saw Eunyoung with her friend. I didn’t attempt to acknowledge her even though she claimed that we’re friends. It’s just not me to do something like that. Then I heard my name in their conversation which I wished I didn’t hear. Why did I have to hear her confess her feelings for me? If only I took the next traffic light and not just walked across the road, I'm sure I would have missed their conversation.

 

She stood up looking really embarrassed. I was embarrassed too which I believed it’s a first for this sort of thing. I realised it suddenly became really quiet and I just stared blankly at her. What am I supposed to do or say? No, I can’t say anything in front of so many people. Before I know it, she had already ran off.

 

Why? Why did she have to like me? Things shouldn’t turn out this way. I’m not worthy for her.

 

When I entered class, I headed towards her table, as much as I didn’t want to hurt her because she was the only one who tried to be nice towards me, I had to stop her. I got her attention by knocking on her table. She blabbered but I cut her words off just saying we can’t. I’m gonna lose a friend but it didn’t matter. I don’t need friends. I don’t deserve them. I don’t deserve someone as nice as her.


 

Days passed and I was left alone again. Eunyoung didn’t talk to me, she didn’t even make any eye contact with me. I knew she was avoiding me. Oh well, I’m better off alone. Though I hate to say it but I missed her random blabbering, her being a stupid busybody and her annoying cheerfulness. At least it’s peaceful now. Not.


 

“Hey Handsome. I’m Yoonae.” This filthy smelling girl, like she bathed in a tub of some weird scented perfume, daringly took a seat and slung her arm around the back of my waist. What. The. Hell.

 

“Get lost.” I said, not interested in this woman as I removed her arm from my waist. What the hell does she think she’s doing? I hate it when people touch me. Even Eunyoung don’t even do that. Wait, why am I even comparing a girl to a devil’s spawn?

 

“Wow, don’t get so hot, shall we go for a drink later?” She batted her eyelashes at me. Gross.

 

“Not interested. Get lost. Don’t make me say it the third time.” I threatened.

 

“Come on, some fun after school won’t hurt.” She smiled as she moved closer to me. That’s it. She just invaded my personal space too much. I took the cup of water on the table and splashed it at her face.

 

“So you wanna play like this. Fine. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.” She wiped her face with her hands before leaving. Such threats don’t work on me. I’ve got nothing to lose.

 

“What was that for?!” I heard Eunyoung’s voice and looked up, not that I wanted to, I didn’t know why I did. Then I saw that smirked cunningly at me. No. Not her. Damn it. No!


 

 

Hopefully things are speeding up!
 
BAP WON AGAIN!! ^^