Gangster Daddy

Will Our Love Change?

Eunyoung's POV

Daddy was bringing us around, talking to his business partners and other random people whom I had no clue who they were. Jaehyun held me by my waist was was being very polite. Then I was just looking around when my eyes landed on someone.

Why do I keep seeing Daehyun everywhere these days? We lost contact for months and then suddenly he's appearing so often. 

He was here with that girl. I guess I was wrong about him. He would attend such events too. He really is together with her. I'm not jealous or anything. I should have known better right? 

Daddy knew I was getting bored and allowed me to roam around. I didn't need to meet whoever he was meeting with. I just had to be back in time for the dinner that's all. 

Jaehyun went out of the ballroom with me. We just walked around the hotel, exploring the venue.. Thankfully there were only so many places we could walk to because my feet were slightly aching from all the exploring. I held onto Jaehyun's arm while we walk hoping that with some support, I wouldn't have too much weight on my feet.

"This place is beautiful huh?" Jaehyun said as we were walking back to the ballroom. I nodded. It's beautiful alright, but somehow I wasn't attracted to the feel of this place. It seemed to be too mature for my taste.

"Maybe next time we can come back again." He suggested. I just smiled, not wanting to spoil the mood by saying it wasn't really my kind of hotel.

When we got back to the ballroom, it was just in time for food! I was really looking forward to this part of the night because why else would I come to a dinner when I don't even know anyone except my family?

As I sat down and placed the napkin over my dress, I realised how fitting my dress was. My stomach would be sticking out if I ate too much. But why would I care? I'm here for the food though I should have thought about the dress beforehand. Ah who am I lying to? I won't look good with my tummy out.

"You feeling cold?" Jaehyun asked. He must have seen me rubbing my arms to keep myself warm.

"Just a little." I said. He then took his blazer off and put it over my shoulders. 

"Thank you." I smiled gratefully and picked up my chopsticks. Before I could start digging in, I saw that girl putting food on Daehyun's plate. Suddenly I wasn't in the mood for food nor do they seem as appetitizing as before.

"Youngie, you alright? Why are you not touching your food?" Mommy asked.

"I'm fine." I said as I picked up a piece of meat and ate it, not wanting her to worry. Subsequently, Jaehyun placed food on my plate and eventually he just fed me. I ate whatever he fed me. I told myself not to look at Daehyun's direction. Why torture myself?

After dinner, there was this charity auction going on. I wonder whether the people here are doing it for charity or was it to boost their own image? Oh well, it doesn't concern me though I must admit some of the auctioned items were quite pretty but I wouldn't spend that amount on such jewellery.

Midway through the auction, Jaehyun went to the restroom while I continued watching the auction or rather, staring into space.

Suddenly, the auction caught my attention when Daddy raised his hand when a diamond necklace was presented. 

"What are you doing? I just said it's elegant. I don't need it." Mommy told Daddy. I believe Mommy would be pulling Daddy's hand down if there weren't so many people around. 

"We can't just not get anything. It's for charity anyway. I can't see anyone else who can pull off that. It suits you perfectly. " He said as he raised his hand to up the bid.

"Darling, enough. I'm happy enough. It's the thought that counts anyway." Mommy said. I felt like I was watching a drama. Daddy said nothing but silenced Mommy with a kiss on her lips.

Daddy ended winning the bid and I could tell Mommy was secretly happy too but I know that she really didn't need Daddy to get that for her. I guess it was Daddy's action and thought that made her happy, not so much of the gift. How can the both of them be so sweet? I know Daddy pampers Mommy a lot. I guess we'll probably have huge feasts for the next few days because it's Mommy's way of thanking Daddy.

I realised it's been awhile since Jaehyun went to the washroom. Did something happen? I know it was bad of me and I despised myself for doing it but I turned and look at Daehyun's direction. He wasn't in his seat. I panicked a little. What if the same thing happen again?

"Oppa, can you go to the washroom?" I asked.

"Why? You worried about your boyfriend?" He wriggled his eyebrows teasing me.

"Yes, please go and check." I said, not wanting to explain too much. He made a face and went to the washroom.

I was getting too anxious waiting for them to return, I ended heading to the washroom as well.

When I reached the male restroom, I could hear commotion going on in there, even though it sounded really muffled. I was contemplating whether or not to enter because after all it was a male restroom but knowing Daehyun's temper and anger, I was scared something worse would happen. If there was nothing going on, I could just apologize for opening the wrong door.

I opened the door and I got a shock. Oppa looked really mad, Daehyun looked at me and then turned away. The worst was Jaehyun. He was at the side of the sink with droplets of blood on his face.

"What happened here?!" I asked. None of them answered me. I stood there in shock, trying to process what happened in here. 

"Did you do this?" I asked as I walked towards Daehyun and stood in front of him. His cheek was a little reddish. He avoided eye contact. Daehyun didn't deny. The only person who could have injured Jaehyun this badly would be him right? Oppa had no reason to and he just came in and I don't see anyone else here. He couldn't have inflicted bruises of that impact.

"Youngie this is the male restroom. Leave first. I'll help him." Oppa said.

I didn't know why I was feeling guilty, If I was even guilty. I don't even know what I'm feeling now. I think I felt hurt. I ignored Oppa's words and helped Jaehyun.

"Try standing up. I'll wash the blood off." I said as I tried pulling him up. He was groaning in pain. 

"Sorry. If it wasn't for this event, you wouldn't be badly hurt." I apologized.

"Don't worry. It's not your fault. I guess I'm just unlucky. Thank you for coming in and helping me." Jaehyun replied.

"Youngie? Why are you here? What happened?!" I heard Daddy's voice. Oh? Daehyun left already? I'm so disappointed in him. Why Daehyun? Why did he use his fists again?

"I met Daehyun here but I think he just doesn't like me." Jaehyun tried laughing it off, obviously hurting him. I didn't really want Jaehyun to tell Daddy who did it but I was caught up in my own thoughts to stop him from saying Daehyun did it. 

"I got him anyway." Oppa said. WHAT?! WHAT DID HE MEAN BY HE GOT HIM? 

"You hit him? How many times did I say not to use violence? It's not the solution!" Daddy was lecturing oppa.

"It made him stop though. I'm sick of him hurting people! First he hurt Youngie then now it's Jaehyun!" Oppa argued. 

"Nevermind we'll talk later." Daddy said. 

Oppa and I helped Jaehyun out and when we turned around, there was this guy at the door. He was clapping like just witnessed something spectacular.

"The irony. A gangster lecturing his own son on violence. The son is following the father's footsteps. Back then you did more than just using your fists. I guess the gangster blood runs in the family." This man started talking. 

"Daddy what is he saying?" I looked at him, my heart and head hurt so bad. He didn't seem like he was lying. He's the guy who sat beside Daehyun's partner! 

"Darling don't listen to him." Daddy replied.

"Oh. My bad. I didn't know your kids didn't know your past." The man smirked and went to pee. 

"You're a gangster? Does Mommy know?" I asked, tears threatening to fall. 

"Darling I- it's all in the past." Daddy tried explaining but I guess he didn't know where to start.

"I can't believe you lied to us the entire time!" I shouted and ran out of the restroom. I didn't know why I reacted like this. I felt cheated. I don't even know my own dad! 

"Youngie? What happened? Why are you crying?" Mommy asked as I went back to grab my bag. I didn't reply and just ran off. Mommy was following me. I could hear her calling Daddy. 

"Youngie stop." Mommy said as she caught up with me while I was waiting for a cab to drive forward. 

"Everything is a lie!" I cried. 

"Darling listen to me. Let's go home and I'll explain it to you slowly alright?" Mommy said. 

"I don't want to go home! Leave me alone!" I replied as I got on the cab. I know I hurt her feelings but I didn't think too much. 

"We'll talk when you're ready. It's okay." Mommy said as she got on the cab with me. It wasn't supposed to be like that. I wanted to be alone. We sat at the opposite sides of the cab.

Mommy then told the cab driver to just drive around. She was busy on her phone as she left me to calm down. 

How could they keep this secret for so long? Why didn't they tell us the truth? How can I be the daughter of a gangster? How can daddy be a gangster? He owns a chain of restaurants! I'm so confused and lost. My mind is in a mess. Did Daddy kill for a living? Did he rob and commit crimes? Why did everything suddenly become so scary? What about Mommy? Is she in this too? 

"Darling. Let's go home alright?" Mommy said as she held my hand. I was suddenly afraid of her. I slipped my palm away from hers.

"I know you feel scared and confused but we would never hurt the both of you." Mommy said, as though calming me down. 

I don't know where else to go but home... I didn't want to go anywear or stay out too long dressed like this. I didn't want the attention. I told the driver our address and he headed for that direction. 

When we reached home, Daddy, Oppa and Jaehyun were already seated in the living room.

"Why are you here? You're hurt. Go home and get some rest." I said as headed towards Jaehyun. 

"I wanted to know if you're okay. You didn't reply my texts." He said as he cupped my cheek.

"Sorry. I turned my phone off. It's late, go back and get some rest." I said, a little touched by his thoughts.

"But are you okay?" He asked. I nodded, not wanting to worry him. 

"Liar. But I'll give you some time alone. Call me if you need to talk. Everything is going to be fine." He said and kissed my cheek.

"I'll see you out." I said as I held his hand.

"Goodnight. Don't think too much alright?" He told me.

"Goodnight. Sorry for ruining the night..." I looked down.

"Don't be silly. It's not your fault. Have a good rest." He hugged me and left. 

I entered the living room, now to face the three of them. I didn't want talk. I just wanted to be alone. With that thought, I headed up to my room and closed the door not wanting to talk or face anything now. I'm exhausted from today's events.

 

 

Daehyun's POV

"Did you do this?" Young asked me. I didn't need to answer because she already had the answer in her mind. The way she looked at me said everything. As much as I was feeling guilty that Young only sees this side of me, I'm not guilty hitting that , I didn't regret anything. He deserved it.

I really hate it when I see Young fussing over him. But what can I do? She always appears at the wrong time. What was the point of explaining myself when I had no evidence to support my claims? Even her brother was on his side. She wouldn't believe me anyway. I left because I didn't want to see Young attending to him and why would I still bother doing anything to prove myself? 

"What happened to your face? I thought you went to the restroom? You fought?" Hyerin asked when I went back to my seat.

"Yeah." I said. I must have looked like I didn't want to talk about it because Hyerin stopped asking questions. 

A few moments later, Young came running out of the toilet. She grabbed her purse and ran out and Auntie went chasing after her. What happened to her? Is she alright? Why would she suddenly run away? Did that jerk hurt her? Couldn't be right? He wouldn't dare when her brother is around. 

"Father what took you so long?" Hyerin asked.

"Caught up with an old friend and spiced things up a little. Daehyun knows him too. Turns out his kids don't know about his roots." Boss said. Huh? 

"What roots?" I asked.

"Oh he must have kept it well hidden. Why do you think we know each other?" Boss said. 

"Uncle is in a gang too?" I asked after thinking. It was his smirm that told me my guess was right. Wait, means Young just found out her dad is a gangster? Was that why she ran? Of course she would be upset, I still remember her look when I told her I'm one. 

"Ah, fun's over. Let's go back." Boss said. We said our goodbyes and went different ways. 

On my way back home, I held my phone in my hand, thinking if I should check on Young. What is wrong with you Daehyun?! You're not her boyfriend anymore! What right do I have to be checking on her? Auntie is with her right? She isn't alone. Daehyun you coward. 

 

This is unusually lengthy~ :D