Pointless Worries

Will Our Love Change?

Daehyun’s POV

 

“Shoot! I’m late!” I groggily woke up and then realised I slept in for a few hours. Usually, I wouldn’t even care but somehow, I was looking forward to school? What is wrong with me? I prepared and quickly headed to school.

 

When I enteredarrow-10x10.png school, it was break time. I scanned the area for that girl but I didn’t see her anywhere. I decided to head back to class, thinking she would be there. On my way to class, I spotted her with slightly heavy footsteps. Her back view seemed a little sad. I wonder if she was affected by the hurtful words words people say to her. I sped up and caught up with her.

 

“Daehyun! Hi!” She smiled, sounding like her cheerful self, something I was getting used to. Somehow, her cheerfulness is kind of rubbing on me. I can’t believe I was actually annoyed by her cheery personality previously. But is she bipolar? I thought she was down just a moment ago?

 

“Hey. Heading back to class?” I asked. Stupid question Daehyun, are you dumb? Why else would she be walking this route?

 

She then asked about me, if I have eaten and whatnot. It actually felt really nice when someone cares about you. She even saved breakfast for me. Have I mentioned that she brings really good food for me?

 

Hanging out with her is making me weird. I feel more than I used to.

 

“About yesterday… I hope we could lie low, you know? Like keep it hidden. If that’s okay with you.” I said this to protect her. I’m not sure how many enemies I have and I don’t want them to go after her. I know people like them are bastards and will resort to low tricks.


 

Eunyoung’s POV

 

“Hi Handsome.” I looked up as I wondered whose voice that was. Yoonae… I didn’t like how she called Daehyun that. I looked at Daehyun, wanting to see his reaction but he wasn’t even caring about her.  

 

“Ignoring me huh? Did you like my gift?”She smirked. This crazy girl.

 

“I’m warning you. Stay the hell away from me.” Daehyun spat. Even though I know that Daehyun is not a very friendly person, It’s my first time hearing him talk with such spite.

 

“How can I? It’s my form of entertainment and I always get what I want.” She said. Gosh I wish I can punch her. What get what she wants? Daehyun is with me!

 

“I see they didn’t hurt you enough.” Yoonae eyed my face, examining the bruises. I was feeling uncomfortable.

 

“Don’t touch her.” Daehyun slapped her hand away when she grabbed my chin.

 

“Oh… She really is your weak spot huh? That’s interesting. I’ll see you later handsome.’ She said and walked away.

 

“Ignore her.” Daehyun said as he continued to munch on his food.

 

After Daehyun finished his food, we headed back to class together. We didn’t talk on the way back. I could somehow feel Daehyun’s anger and I think it’s best I keep my mouth shut. Is it even normal to be this awkward with each other? My mind was filled with such thoughts and all of a sudden, I felt a pull on my arm and Daehyun looking at me. Someone dashed past the both of us and almost knocked into me if it wasn’t for Daehyun, I would’ve probably landed on my or something.

 

“Thanks.” I gave him a small smile, feeling slightly happy that he saved me from embarrassment again. His expression was filled with concern? Seeing that I was fine, he released his grip on my arm. Don’t be upset, you’re in school after all silly girl! I scolded myself.

 

Maybe things between us weren’t as awkward as I pictured them to be. It’s probably me thinking too much. Even though he doesn’t talk much, his little gestures showed that he cared right? I wondered why does he keep thinking and telling me he’s not nice when he’s nothing like that?

 

He mentioned to keep a low profile of our relationship and come to think of it, maybe it’s the right choice. Even though he said to hide it, everything was still the same as when we were friends before he heard the accidental confession. He still doesn’t talk much but I assumed that he was always listening. I wonder if he finds me annoying. Maybe I should talk less.

 

Daehyun ah, I hope the wall between us will disappear soon and we can be comfortable with each other and let’s last long together.




 

A week passed by really quickly and things were the same old, nothing eventful, our relationship with each other was still the same, not much improvements. Even though we didn’t hang out as much, it was still fine. We ate together during breaks, I still did most of the talking.

 

I used to wonder that maybe Daehyun doesn’t really like me and I probably like him more. Is it normal to think of such thoughts? It seemed unhealthy. But then, sometimes I catch him looking at me and then he would look everywhere else except me. Of course, I have to be looking at him to know if he was looking at me. Sometimes I even catch myself staring at him, daydreaming. I’m crazy.

As I observed, Daehyun isn’t someone who openly shows affection so I wasn’t used to him looking at me with those gaze of his. It was either I would be shy and looked away or would gave him a grin which will make him roll his eyes or shake his head, a small smile creeping up his face.

 

“Why are you stealing glances at me?” I asked boldly.

 

“I wasn’t.” He replied and quickly diverted his gaze.

 

“You totally were! Your cheeks are so red! Are you blushing? Are you being shy?” I teased. Occasionally, I would ask questions like these which I don’t even know where I got my guts from.

 

“No, I don’t blush.” Daehyun said with a straight face.

 

“Okay. Whatever you say. We both know the truth anyway.” I showed him a silly grin. He looked away once again. I knew he was shy. How can someone badass like him look so cute when he’s shy?

 

“Quiet. Eat your food.” He urged. I know he was just teasing with a straight face.

 

“Eunyoung…” He called me as I was scooping my food onto my spoon. I looked up, curious.

 

“Are you… Do you… Erm… Are you free on Sunday?” Daehyun asked. Yup, a stuttering badass is not so badass.

 

“Should be if I’m not going out with my family. Why?” I asked and fed myself. I could feel my heart thumping so loudly. Is he asking what I think he’s gonna ask?

 

“Oh… Then it’s fine.” He said. Was he disappointed?

 

“What is it? It’s not even fixed yet.” I replied, feeling anxious all of a sudden.

 

“Do you want to.. erm.. you know.. hang out?” He asked.

 

“Yeah sure! Like a date?!” I asked excitedly and then got slightly embarrassed. Daehyun just gave a nod.

 

“Okay!” I replied. YES! OUR FIRST DATE! I couldn’t wait for Sunday already. I’M SO EXCITED! The next 24 hours is going to feel like 24 days. A day to ourselves, just the two of us! My mind was wandering off already thinking of the possible things we could do. Maybe watch movies, shopping and eat. Maybe even hold hands and kiss! Gosh Eunyoung, luckily Daehyun can’t read your thoughts. You’re embarrassing.