Together

Will Our Love Change?

Three months later

Eunyoung's POV

Today's the start of a new phase! I'm finally going to be working with Daehyun! Daddy approved of Daehyun working at the newly opened restaurant and Daehyun has been working there for about a month. I asked Daddy if I could work there too and I was actually surprised Daddy agreed. 

"You can keep an eye on him." Daddy said when I suggested. I didn't know how to feel about it. Why does daddy always think that Daehyun is up to no good?

"He's joking. He meant to say that at least there's someone who can take care of you there." Mommy added.

"Really?! Thank you!" My eyes sparkled as I looked at Daddy. He rolled his eyes but didn't deny.

"No funny business!" Daddy warned.

"Of course! We're working!" I hugged Daddy.

I didn't mention this to Daehyun as I wanted to surprise him. It's amazing that I could keep mum for at least two weeks even though I see him everyday.

 

I reached the restaurant around 10am, before it got busy for lunch. 

Daehyun saw me and his eyes lit up. 

"Young? What are you doing here?" Daehyun stopped arranging the chairs and walked towards me. I smiled. 

"You know her? Who is she?" Another female staff heard and looked towards our direction. 

"Oh she's -" Daehyun wanted to say something but I cut him off. 

"Hi, I'm his schoolmate!" I replied. I didn't want people to know that my dad owned the restaurant after what happened at the head office. I didn't want to be treated differently again. 

"Um... Yeah, she's my ex schoolmate." Daehyun replied after I subtly shook my head, hinting him to not expose me. 

" Alright, everyone gather. We have someone new working with us from today onwards. She's Eunyoung. She's the new Assistant Manager. Let's welcome her." The Manager clapped and gathered everyone. Daehyun's eyes widen in surprise.

"Hello everyone!" I smiled and bowed. 

"I heard you transferred from the headquarters?" One of the waiters asked. I nodded. 

"Alright you guys can do your small talk and get to know each other later. The lunch crowd will be coming in soon. Get to work everyone! Come with me Eunyoung, I'll show you around.“ The manager clapped and dispersed everyone. 

'Talk to you later!' I mouthed to Daehyun and then followed the manager. 

She showed me around and introduced me to the kitchen staff. 

"You can familiarise yourself with the surroundings first. You can ask me or any of them if you need any help." I nodded and thanked her before she headed to her room. 

I wanted to talk to Daehyun but he was busy so I went to change and then headed to the cashier to observe and learn. 

It got quite busy during lunch. I managed to take some orders and some billing while occasionally observing what the rest were doing. They seemed rather hardworking and they helped each other out. I felt a little relieved that the atmosphere was livelier compared to working at the office. People were friends and not competing with each other. 

There were moments when I could feel a pair of eyes on me and when I turned, I would usually catch Daehyun looking at me. I knew he was keeping a lookout for me. I would always smile when our eyes meet. 

 

Daehyun's POV

I was surprised and excited when I saw Young entering the restaurant. I thought she came to visit me. I got disappointed when she mentioned that we were schoolmates instead. I didn't expect us to be working together, I didn't expect Young would want to work at the restaurant. 

We didn't get to talk during lunch because everyone was busy. I kept a lookout for her in case she needed help. The last thing I want is Young getting into trouble on her first day. 

After the hectic lunch period, I handed Young a plate of food and a can of coke. 

"Thank you!" She grinned. She settled down while I went to get my food. 

"You didn't tell me you're gonna be working here." I said while we ate. 

"It was supposed to be a surprise! Daddy allowed us to work together! I want to be exposed to different jobs too. " She mentioned softly.

"That's nice." I replied.

"You don't sound like you like it." She muttered, probably feeling a little disappointed at my response.

"Are we really gonna keep our relationship a secret? You told her we're schoolmates." I asked. Was this how she felt back then when we were in school? 

"Oh! I didn't realise you were referring to that! I was just thinking that I didn't want people to know that the restaurant is my family's business. I thought you were going to introduce me as the boss daughter or something." She replied. She thought being the boss's daughter would come into my mind first instead of her being my girlfriend? She must have really been affected by the way her colleagues treated her at the head office for her to think that. 

" Wait a minute, you were sulking because of this?" She raised her eyebrows, teasing me. 

" I wasn't sulking!" I denied even though the both of us knew the truth. 

" I don't want to hide us, Young. Your dad didn't say no relationships but I also understand that we're working and we should be more professional." I was contradicting myself. I want to be able to openly care for her and protect her.

"We can just let things be. There's no need to hide or broadcast." she shrugged. Well, if she says so. We ended the conversation when the rest joined us.

"What are the both of you talking about?“ one of them asked.

" Oh. Nothing much, just catching up." I replied.

Just then, the Manager appeared.

" Nice to see you all getting to know each other. Let's go for a drink tonight. My treat to welcome Eunyoung!" She said. Some cheered. 

How is Young going to survive tonight? 

 

When we were done with our shifts, we closed the restaurant.

The manager told us to  arrange some tables together and gather around.

"I thought we were going to another place and not drink at our own workplace." One of them said. Some nodded.

"Why would we drink elsewhere when we work at a restaurant with alcohol? Don't worry. I'll be paying for them." The manager said.

"Oh, it's not covered by the restaurant?" One of the waiters asked. 

"Ya right. You think her dad owns the restaurant?" another one commented. Young and I exchanged glances subtly. I knew it was meant as a joke but it was pretty creepy for him to say it. 

"Ya and my mom owns this street." I added. They laughed. With this I don't think people will suspect anything. 

"It's alright! We won't be able to stay too late anyway. Having it here is more convenient. " Young said. I quickly followed Young and took the seat beside her when I saw one of the younger male chefs eyeing the spot next to Young. She smiled when she saw me sitting beside her. 

The table was filled with some sides, soju and beer. Everyone was busy in their small groups, chatting with one another.

"Don't drink too much." I said to Young as I took some sides for her. 

"Don't worry! I know!" Young smiled.

"Alright! Enough random chats! Let's play games! Whoever loses will have to take a shot!" One of them suggested. 

We played random games and it was pretty obvious that they were trying to make Young drink probably because this was for her. 

"Stop." I held her arm when she was going for her third glass. Judging from her behaviour, she definitely cannot hold her alcohol.

"Come on Daehyun! Don't spoil the fun!" one of them interfered.

Young then patted my thigh, wordlessly telling me not to worry. She gulped the entire glass of soju. Oh no. I sighed.

The game went on and she drank more. I tried to put more food on her plate so that she will eat more than drink. I'm not sure if it helped.

"Enough. I'll drink for her." I said after seeing how much they were trying to make her drink. They were already teasing us but I really didn't care. I was more worried about her. 

"Alright, it's getting late. All of you have to work tomorrow.Let's call it a day."The manager said. Yes, finally. 

"Don't touch anything, I'll clear them." I said to Young as I took an empty bottle from her. The few sober ones quickly tidied the place and arranged everything back in order.

"Where do you stay, Eunyoung? I'll get a cab for you." I heard her name and turned towards her direction. It's that chef who wanted to sit with Young... 

"I stay there!"She said as she pointed to a random direction. 

"Eunyoung, let's go." I said as I approached her. I didn't want any of them to get too close to her to protect her identity. 

"You know where she stays?" He asked. I gave him a small nod.

I frowned when I saw a half empty soju bottle in her hand. 

"I told you not to touch anything. Give it to me." I reached out and took the bottle from her. She pouted but obediently released her grip from the bottle. 

"Daehyun, chill. It's just a bottle." That chef said. 

"She has to work tomorrow. " I stated, trying not to get too annoyed by his presence. Just a bottle? Can't he tell that she already drank too much?! He shrugged his shoulders and walked away. 

"Let's go home." I said only for her to hear. She nodded and gave me a silly smile with her eyes closed and rested her entire weight on me. This girl. On one hand I'm glad she trusts me this much while on the other I really hope she knows it's me for her to behave like this. 

"Gosh, she really drank so much. Will you be able to get her home?" The manager asked me, seeing that Young was leaning onto me. 

"We stay around the same neighbourhood. I'll take her home. " I told her. 

"Alright, be safe." She said and left with the rest after locking up the restaurant.

"Young, can you stand for awhile? I need to call a cab." I said. She shook her head and hugged me tighter. This girl. I wrapped my arm around her instead to prevent her from falling and used my other hand to dig my phone from my pocket and made the call.

"Let's sit while waiting." I helped Young to sit on the curb, resting her head on my shoulder. She then suddenly shot up, knocking my head in the process then looked at me. She cupped my cheeks and ended up squishing my cheeks. I rubbed the part of her head that she knocked on. I could only let her do whatever she wanted to do. At least she wasn't yelling or being overly rowdy.

"You are going to regret drinking so much today." I pinched her cheeks.

"Shhhh..." She pouted, putting her finger on my lips and then gave me a peck with her finger still between our lips. 

"Young! You can't go around kissing people when you're drunk!" I lightly scolded her. She frowned, cupped my face and spammed me with more kisses. So much for telling her... I didn't expect her to be doing so much skinship even when she's drunk. She better only drink when I'm around in future. I don't want her leaning on or kissing other people. 

Then, the cab arrived.

"Let's go." I said as I helped her up. She nodded and allowed me to move her. Again, I'm slightly relieved she's well behaved. 

I made her rest her head on my shoulder so that she was comfortable enough. She was rather silent during the journey home.

"Daehyun..." She called me. I looked at her.

"I'm so happy.... They treat me like a normal person..." She mumbled. I smiled and rubbed her shoulder, giving her some form of comfort. She snuggled into my arm. I know how much she didn't like the enviroment at the head office. She was always stressed and scared that she would screw up and end up implicating her dad. I'm glad that she's working at a new enviroment, away from the toxic people and people are relatively nice towards her. Even if they weren't nice, at least I will be able to protect her. 

We finally reached home. I paid the cab driver and we alighted. 

"Young, get on my back." I said as I wrapped her arms around my neck. She then jumped and circled my waist with her legs. I figured it would be easier carrying her than having to support her home. 

"Go!“ She shouted. Ouch my ears. 

"So cute..." She mumbled. Cute? Then I figured out what she was referring to when she started playing with my ear. 

"Young! Stop it!" I chided her when she started blowing cool air at the back of my ear. It's ticklish and a little sensitive! 

"Ouch!" I groaned when she ended sinking her teeth into my shoulder, probably showing her annoyance. 

"Fine fine, do whatever you want. You'll regret it tomorrow." I gave up and took bigger steps. 

I placed her on her bed when we finally reached her room and took a damp towel to wipe her face. 

"You're going to regret drinking so much today." I said as I squeezed her cheeks, teasing her. She was frowning which made her look even cuter. 

"Arghh!!" I groaned, not wanting to wake the entire house up when she grabbed my arm and bit me. 

"Alright! I'm sorry! I won't tease you anymore!" I pinched her cheeks together to get her to stop. The next moment she fell asleep... 

I gave her a peck on her forehead and then washed up and headed to bed too. 

 

The next morning

"Good morning Auntie." I greeted Young's mom when I saw her in the kitchen. 

"Morning Daehyun. Wake Youngie up for me please. I made soup for the both of you." Her mom said. 

"Alright. Sorry Auntie. I didn't manage to stop her from drinking too much last night." I said as I made green tea for her. 

"Don't be silly. How is it your fault? I should thank you for taking care of her. I know how things are at gatherings." Young's mom smiled. I don't think I can ever get used to how understanding her mom is. 

I went up to her room with the cup of green tea. 

"Young, wake up." I said as I caressed her cheek. 

"Nooo.. I said five more minutes. My head hurts. Let me sleep...." she groaned. 

"No, you'll be late. Sit up, drink this. It'll help. Careful, it's hot. " I said firmly, helping her up by supporting and lifting her head, not giving her any chance to negotiate. She pouted but still sipped on the tea. 

"My head hurts..." She whined. I gave her a look as though saying 'I told you so' but ended up giving her a head massage. 

"What happened yesterday? Oh no. Did I do anything embarrassing? " She asked, suddenly feeling worried. 

"You don't remember?!" I asked. She shook her head and drank more tea as though waiting for me to fill her in. 

"I didn't know you'd turn into a vampire when you're drunk." I was thinking if I should keep it from her but I guess telling her was best. What if she starts biting random people in future or worse, think that someone else left their teeth marks on me?

"Oh gosh! I did that? I'm sorry... " She pouted when she saw the teeth marks on my arm. She gently rubbed the part she bit. 

"No more drinking if I'm not with you. I don't want you to be kissing or hugging other people." I said.

"I KISSED SOMEONE ELSE?!" She panicked, and immediately sat up straight. 

"Me." I replied. 

"YOU KISSED SOMEONE ELSE?!?! " She looked even more shocked. I flicked her forehead lightly. 

"No. What are you thinking? You kissed me." I said. 

"Oh. You scared me." She sighed in relief, like it was no big deal. I frowned. 

"What if that person wasn't me?" I asked. 

"Then I wouldn't have even kissed. Even when I'm drunk I only recognise you." She smiled, trying to lighten up the mood and get me to cool down. 

"Alright. I promise. I won't drink when you're not with me." She added as she played with my fingers after feeling a little anxious when I stayed silent. 

"You know it's for your safety too right? " I asked when I realised she was sulking. I didn't want her to think that I'm controlling her or even worse, think that I don't trust her enough. She had a lot of trust in me when she was drunk. I may be over thinking but what if it wasn't me? I cannot imagine if she let down her guard like that with someone else. What will they do to her? 

"How about this? If you really want to drink when I'm not with you, you let me know and I'll pick you up." I said, compromising a little. 

“Thank you." She said as she gave me a small peck on my nose. This girl, anything for her. 

"That's better. So what are you going to do about this?" I asked, pointing to the teeth marks and then pulling the collar of my tee to reveal the other mark on my shoulder. Her eyes widen in shock when she saw the other mark.

"I'll let you bite me too. But can you bite a little softer?" She gave me a pitiful look as she stretched her arm out. This girl is crazy. Since she said so, i grabbed her arm and she closed her eyes, fearing the pain. 

Her eyes then shot wide open when I grabbed her head and kissed her instead. After realising what was going on, I could feel her lips curling into a smile as she closed her eyes, enjoying the kiss. I then lightly bit her lower lip and pulled away. 

"Youngie, Daehyun, are you both coming down for breakfast?" her mom yelled. 

"Yes! We'll be right down!" I replied back while Young buried her face in her palms feeling embarrassed.