Argument

Will Our Love Change?

 

Eunyoung’s POV

 

It was a random school day and we wanted to hang out but didn’t know where to go or what to do. We were just sitting around in school.

 

“Hungry?” I asked Daehyun.

 

“Yeah. I feel like eating beef.” He said.

 

“Let’s go to my dad’s restaurant! Free beef and free ride home!” I suggested.

 

“Erm how about we head to another eatery around the corner? Your Dad’s restaurant is a little far.” He said.

 

“How is that far?” I asked. I was confused. It wouldn’t take long to go there.

 

“I’m craving beef from that shop though. Let’s just go there alright? Then I’ll accompany you after that.” Daehyun decided. Well, if he puts it that way…

 

“Alright.” I followed him. It wasn’t often that he threw in his suggestions.

 

We wandered around a little before finding the shop. Daehyun didn’t really remember where the shop was so we had to look for it.

 

The food from this shop was slightly cheaper but compared to Daddy’s food, I didn’t think this was as yummy and I don’t think I’m being biased. Since Daehyun wanted to eat here and he had some sort of cravings so why not?

 

“Ahh.. I’m so full!” I said rubbing my tummy.

 

“Ah-huh and who wanted dessert?” Daehyun teased.

 

“There’s always room for dessert! Bingsu?” I brighten up at the thought of dessert.

 

“Okay. I did promise you. Let’s go.” He said. I smiled and we headed to a bingsu shop nearby.

 

“Oh! We’re near your home right? I’ve never been to your house before.” I casually stated after we were done with bingsu and were just walking around.

 

“No! I mean, there’s nothing nice at my home I’m sure there won’t be any loss not coming to my place.” He quickly added.

 

“What? Don’t be silly. It’s your home! Why would there be nothing nice there?” I asked feeling a little blur.

“Erm. It’s a little inconvenient.” He said briefly.

 

“Why? You have a girl you’re hiding?” I joked.

 

“No! Of course not! It’s just that I don’t think it’s the right time. My father is home.” He explained. When I heard that, I was hurt.

 

“I know we haven’t been together for very long but has it ever crossed your mind to introduce me to your family?” I asked.

 

“I- I didn’t I don’t mean it that way! It’s just that… Forget it. Let’s go somewhere else okay?” He said trying to reach for my hand.

 

“Forget it? What is it that you’re hiding from me? I tell you things about me and my family but I realised how little I know about you! Am I an embarrassment to you?” I was frustrated and I felt that I shouldn’t be kept in the dark any longer. He had many chances to tell me but he said nothing and always just brush them off. Am I being too nosy wanting to know more about him? Isn’t it normal for me to know about him or at least the closest people around him?

 

“Do you even take me as your girlfriend?” I muttered.

 

“I don’t take you as my girlfriend?! You’re an embarrassment to me?! How can you say things like that?! I told you before no one can force me to do anything! You think I spent the past weeks with you because I had nothing to do but to hang out with a girl? Because I have no other friends I could hang out with so I spent them with you instead?! Would I hang out with someone if they are an embarrassment to me?! If I didn’t take you as my girlfriend would I introduce Himchan hyung to you?! Are you even listening to what’s coming out from your mouth?! Damn it!” He clenched one of his fists and messed his hair with the other hand. I didn’t need to be a genius for me to know that he was angry. Am I in the wrong? It was his first time raising his voice at me to this extent. I never heard him say so much before.

 

“I- I’m sorry. I shouldn’t say it that way. I was just frustrated and I just wanted to learn more about you but you don’t say anything, I wouldn’t know anything. I feel like I’m.. I feel like we’re so distant…” I apologized.

 

“Don’t ever doubt my feelings.” He said emotionlessly and started walking. Damn it Eunyoung! You screw up so badly! You and your stupid big mouth! I scolded myself as I followed behind him.

 

He was walking faster and faster. Just by his strides, I could tell he was still mad at me. But I probably deserved it.

 

He walked and walked, not showing any signs of stopping. Where was he walking to? I didn’t even dare to walk beside him. Nah, it was a little hard catching up to him.

 

He then finally came to a stop when he reached an isolated park. It was pretty empty and quiet save for some joggers. I was panting slightly. Me and my lousy stamina. Why did he come here or even bring me here?

 

Daehyun’s POV

 

I don’t get why she keeps wanting me to meet her parents when I’m like this. Which parent would approve of someone like me? Of course I had to suggest some other place. What beef place I know? I have never been to that eatery before. I just saw the menu and knew it was cheaper. Why am I like this? I hate myself for being like this.

 

The atmosphere got slightly better when we were eating. This girl is so easily contented. She looked happy just eating bingsu.

 

After eating, we were walking around and I realised it too late when we were near my neighbourhood.

 

She suggested to come to my home. This girl, she really speaks her mind. She then got frustrated when I didn’t want to bring her to that hell of mine. I couldn’t find any reason to bring her there.

 

What came out of next was what shocked me. How could she accuse me like that? What did I do to make her think that way? Was my actions not obvious enough that I enjoy spending time with her? I was really furious when she didn’t believe my actions. It was my first time raising my voice like that to her.

 

I walked away because I don’t want my anger to control me. I don’t want to do anything that I know I would definitely regret… You better calm down Jung Daehyun. Unclench that fist of yours.

 

While I was walking with Eunyoung following behind me (I would turn my head occasionally to keep an eye on her), I thought about whatever happened. I realised couldn’t blame her. She didn’t know a lot about me so naturally she would be curious. But she shouldn’t have doubted me!

 

Maybe it was time for me to tell the truth and stop keeping things from her. How could she feel close to me when she knew close to nothing about my life? As insecure as I was about myself and my story, I will just have to open up to her and hope she’ll still want me after telling her everything. How long did i think I could actually keep them from her?


I walked and walked and ended up at a park. Why did I even end up here when I knew she was behind me? I should have brought her to somewhere a little livelier. I hope this park doesn’t give her the chills. But this park had the kind of feeling that would probably make things easier for me to tell her.

 

Hello~ It's been awhile! Hope you guys are still enjoying this! :)