Ugly

Will Our Love Change?

Eunyoung's POV 

Ever since I chased Daehyun out, I didn't see him around anymore. I'm not sure why I got so mad at him. I also didn't know why he had to make such dirty remarks about me. I thought he knew me better than that. I was wrong.

After that, I ended spending more time with Jaehyun. He treats me even better than the past, if that was even possible. Initially, Jaehyun was just someone to help me recover but he then became someone I started to fall for. He was really sweet during our dates and even just spending time together, he was always taking care of me and looking out for me. He was also not shy on the skinship which I got used to after a few dates. He would hold me, hug me, kiss me randomly. Maybe it was really time I let go and move on.

 

That night, when Daehyun revealed himself, I was shocked that he was following us all along. Why didn't I notice him? Why didn't Jaehyun say anything? I'm annoyed that he is the one who ended this relationship so why can't he just let me carry on with my life? I don't even know what is he doing. 

"Why didn't you tell me he was following us around?" I questioned Jaehyun after Daehyun left. I was a little pissed.

"Sorry babe. I didn't mean to hide it from you. I wanted to see what he was doing and if he would hurt you. Since he was just hiding, I decided that it wasn't important whether he stalked us. Don't be mad at me okay? I'll promise to let you know in future if it happens again." He kissed me probably as a form of apology. 

"Then why did you agree on the one on one with him? Am I not important enough to have a say in this? You know his background! You know you're gonna get hurt. Why haven't you learn from the past experiences? Nothing good happens whenever the both of you fight!" I don't understand. Why are they like kids? 

"Darling, it's okay. It's a man's pride. I'll work hard to not lose you okay? I love you too much. Don't think too much into it." He said as he tilted my chin to face me. 

"It's getting late. Drive safe." I said after awhile. 

"Can't wait for me to leave?" He asked.

"Yes!" I teased. He knocked my head playfully.

"Goodnight Darling. Don't think too much. I'll text you when I'm home." He gave me a goodbye hug and left. 

Why is all this so complicated? 

 

As days got clossr to the fight, I got more worried. Why didn't I succeed in preventing this?  I could only hope that the both of them won't get too hurt.

 

The dreaded D-day came. As much as I didn't want to witness them fight, I had to be there. I didn't want them to kill each other or rather Daehyun becoming a murderer because I know how much he dislikes Jaehyun...

"Other than it's a one on one match, there are no other rules." Daehyun annouced. When did he become someone like this? Were lives really not important? 

"I disagree. You will kill him!" I voiced out, sounding harsher than I intended my tone to be.

"Fine. Till one of us taps out." He said. 

"If I win, you will not bother Eunyoung anymore." Jaehyun said. 

"That is if you win. If I win, you'll disappear from her side." Daehyun replied. As in voluntarily or he will kill him?! 

"What is this?! Since when was I the bet?! I'm not some trophy for you guys to win! I'm leaving." I was angry. How?! I never wanted anyone to get hurt because of me and I don't want to be a prize for someone to 'own'! Why is it so difficult for me to be in a normal relationship? I'm already starting to make myself forget about Daehyun. He threw 'us' away. Why must he suggest this and interfere with my relationship which doesn't concern him at all?

"Darling please. I didn't mean it like that. I'm just protecting you... I need you. I need you with me." Jaehyun pleaded as he held me back, cupping my cheeks. Daehyun was making gagging noises.

"I am not taking you as a trophy. I'm not even asking you to come back to me. I'm just making sure he leaves you. You can date anyone else, just not him." Daehyun said. Why is he so mean? 

"Staying to watch? Fine. Let's start." Daehyun said when I didn't move and sneaked a kick to Jaehyun's side, flinging him away from me. I got a shock when he landed on the floor, not prepared. 

"That's not fair! You can't sneak up like that!" I said as I bent down and helped Jaehyun.

"I'm okay. Darling step aside please. I don't want him to hurt you." Jaehyun said and the moment he finished his words, Daehyun grabbed his neck and dragged him out my my arms. I screamed at the sudden action and was disgusted at how brutal Daehyun was. 

"Stay at the side!" Jaehyun shouted and Daehyun started throwing punches at him. I could only  listen to his words. 

Then Jaehyun started to block and ended up the both of them were exchanging blows. It was so difficult to watch. I had never witness anything this violent before. 

Then suddenly, it seemed like Daehyun was losing stamina and strength and Jaehyun seemed to have gotten the upper hand. His attacks were stronger and his kicks were powerful too. I gasped and had my palm over my mouth in shock when I saw Daehyun's body slammed against the floor after Jaehyun landed a kick on him. Daehyun didn't have any chance to recover to  avoid Jaehyun's attacks when he fell. Jaehyun kept kicking Daehyun's body and Daehyun could only block and protect his head from getting kicked. What's with the sudden turn of events? Not that I'm looking down on Jaehyun but he was always the one getting hit by Daehyun whenever they fought in the past. Why is Daehyun unable to retaliate? Daehyun protect yourself!

"Not enough? Want somemore?" Jaehyun asked and he headlocked Daehyun and dragged him to near where I stood. They were both right in front of me now. My heart was beating so fast and I felt like it was difficult to breathe watching them. I was anxious. What were they gonna do in front of me? 

"Sorry! Are you okay?! Sorry!!" Daehyun exclaimed when he accidentally punched my arm while he was struggling to break free from Jaehyun. I nodded, assuring him I was fine. Even after what happened, he was still worried about me?

Jaehyun threw Daehyun on the floor and I stared in shock. How was he able to do that?! 

I could see the both of them so clearly. Daehyun had blood all over his body and he looked like he was in great pain. 

"Jaehyun stop! Daehyun tap out! Please!" I shouted. I cannot bare to have this match go on. My heart hurts. I didn't know when I started having my face filled with my own tears. 

"I can't stop until he taps out. That's what he said." Jaehyun said as he continued to attack him with a mix of punches and kicks. 

"I said stop!! He's bleeding like crazy!" I tried to pull Jaehyun away but he broke free from my grip. 

"Don't come near!" Daehyun shouted at me. Why. Why is he so stubborn?! 

"Oh? You're still not tapping out?" Jaehyun mocked as he stepped and gradually applied more pressure on Daehyun's arm. Daehyun was yelling in pain now. I was stunned for a few moments before I finally snapped out of it. 

"I SAID STOP!! STOP!! STOP HURTING HIM!! I'LL GO WITH YOU. I WON'T SEE DAEHYUN AGAIN. JUST STOP!" I begged as I pushed Jaehyun away with whatever strength I had. 

"He has to tap out!" Jaehyun shouted. 

"There!" I said as i kneeled down beside Daehyun and tapped out for him. Daehyun was resisting but I managed to do it. He didn't even have the strength to resist my action...

"I'm sor-ry- I'm sorry I failed to - to protect you... I couldn't - couldn't save you." Daehyun choked out. I was hugging him tightly as I shooked my head. 

"I'm sorry Daehyun. I'm so so sorry. I should have listened to you." I cried. 

"It's not- not your fault..." he tried to smile but it only made me feel worse.

"Daehyun!" I turned my head at the voice that called him. It was his partner who was running towards him. 

"I win. Let's go." Jaehyun grabbed my arm and pulled me up forcefully. Daehyun's partner or rather, girlfriend was already with him. The way she looks at him had already showed her feelings. She was crying at him being so broken and hurt while I couldn't do anything. 

"Don't touch her!" Daehyun said but his voice sounded weak and tired. Jaehyun ignored him.

"Let go of me!" I didn't want to go but Jaehyun was dragging me.

"I'll make his pain ten times worse if you're not following me out this instant." He threatened as he whispered in my ear. I had no other choice... His grip was painful but I'm sure it's nothing compared to what Daehyun had to go through. 

He pulled me by my arm all to way to his car as he pushed me in to his passenger seat and buckled my seatbelt. I didn't attempt to run because I know my chances. He entered the driver seat, locked the car and drove off.

 

I realised how ugly his personality is. He tricked me the entire time! How can someone be so horrifying? Why did he have to deceive me? He hurt himself on purpose in the past! There's no way he couldn't protect himself from Daehyun's attacks with his skills and judging by his skills, he already knew how to fight even before he met me. How can someone be this scheming the entire time just to get what they want? 

I also realised how ugly I am. Why did I not trust or even take Daehyun's words into consideration? Why did I fall for a stranger's sweet words instead of believing in Daehyun? Why did I doubt him? Why did I have to be so anxious and desperate to be in a relationship? Why am I so stupid? 

I realised how ugly the both of us were. But it's too late to do anything now... I screwed up badly and brought this upon myself. I need to bare the consequences...

 

Wishing my readers a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year :)