Graduation

Will Our Love Change?

Daehyun's POV

"How dare you touch her?!" One of the gang members grabbed my collar and questioned me. I wanted to roll my eyes.

"You called me here for this? I've never even said a word to her before." I tried to maintain my cool. I want this to end as soon as possible.

"Are you saying that she's lying?!" His volume increased. I really had no time to deal with these false accusations. I was about to leave for Young's graduation but I got called here last minute because this girl said I was making a move on her and her boyfriend is unhappy. Why would I do that when I already have Young? With or without Young, I wouldn't even bother about this girl.

"Yes." I said as I slapped his hand away from my shirt.

"." He snapped before trying to land a punch on my face. I blocked his punch just in time. I didn't want to create a fuss but he was the one who started it. I landed a punch on his face instead.

"Get your facts right. I don't even care who she is." I spat and walked away.

"I'm not done with you!" He grabbed the back of my shirt. I hate this.

"What's going on?!" Hyerin appeared just in time. She always seem to save me from unlucky situations. I almost choked him. 

"He tried to get my girl." The guy rushed to tell her. This is ridiculous. Hyerin knew whatever he said was bull because Hyerin knew about Young. I didn't broadcast Young to them because I didn't want them to find out about her and use it against me.

"Rubbish. Daehyun wouldn't do that." Hyerin said.

"How are you so sure?" He had the gall to question her.

"Because he's with me." Hyerin said like it wasn't a big deal but now I was in shock. How could she use her name to save me? I was speechless.

"Do you still think Daehyun would want to pick on your girl when he already has me?" Hyerin questioned. The guy shook his head, still dumbfounded.

"I don't think so either. I guess this is settled then? I don't want to witness such dumb things like this again." Hyerin said and the rest dispersed.

"Thank you for helping me again but you didn't need to use your name." I said, feeling like a burden.

"There is something fishy going on here. I know you wouldn't do anything of that sort so why were they accusing you? I'll get to the bottom of this." She said.

"Thank you." I said.

"Stop thanking me. We're partners!" She said as she lightly punched my arm.

"Don't you need to go? I'll see you." She asked. Oh yes!

Just then my phone rang. 

"Hello?" Young called.

"Yeah?" I replied.

"Where are you? I thought you said you'll be here?" She asked, sounding a little down.

"I told you I can't make it... Sorry." I felt guilty for not being there for her and also angry at myself for missing such an important day.

"You did? When?" She asked.

"I texted you." I replied.

"I didn't receive anything." She said. That's strange.

"Is it over?" I asked. 

"Yeah... I'm just taking some pictures."

"Wait for me. I'll fetch you." I told her.

"It's fine. My parents are here. They'll bring me home." She said.

"Just give me 15 minutes alright? I'll be there." I said.

"Okay." Thankfully she gave me another chance.

I then checked my phone and found out that I've forgotten to press the send button. How smart of you, Daehyun. I hurriedly got into a cab and rushed to her school. 

 

When I got there, Young and her family was taking some photos together. I ran over towards them and greeted her parents. 

"You're here! Come, take a picture with Youngie." Young's mom said ask she took the camera. Her dad on the other hand, wad glaring at me. Another bad strike... 

"I'm sorry." I muttered to Young before getting ready for the photo. I felt so guilty for missing her graduation. I disappointed her... 

"It's fine. You're here anyway." She smiled. That's it? She's not mad?

"Stand closer." Young's mom said when we were posing for the shot. I awkwardly moved closer towards Young. I stole a glance at her reaction and based on my observations, she didn't look like she was uncomfortable so I placed my arm around her shoulders. Thankfully she didn't push my hand away and instead shifted closer to me. I was probably smiling brighter than Young.

"Young, are you feeling okay? Why is your face red?" I said softly, teasing her.

"I-I- It must be the weather." She stuttered as she fanned herself. I nodded, whatever you say Young.

We took more pictures before her family decided to head home.

"Daehyun came all the way here, spend some time with him, Youngie. Daehyun, have you eaten?" Her mom said.

"No Auntie but I'm fine." I replied.

"Youngie go and eat with him. We'll see you at home." Her mom said.

"Let's join them. I want to eat too." Her dad said.

"You have food at home." Her mom replied.

"But-" He didn't get to finish what he wanted to say before Auntie cut him off.

"Let's go home." She said as she hooked her arm around his and pulled uncle towards the car. Thank you Auntie.

 

"You alright?" I asked Young. She nodded.

"You're not mad at me?" I asked carefully. She shook her head. This didn't seem like Young. If it was in the past, she would have been really grumpy about it. I missed her graduation, not some casual dinner. 

"I admit I was a little sad that you didn't witness but you're here now so it's fine. Let's go eat." She smiled, held my hand and pulled me along. After all the drama in the afternoon, seeing her now and just being with her brightens my mood.

We arrived at a BBQ restaurant for dinner and ordered whatever Young wanted to eat.

 

Eunyoung's POV

"So you'll be working at the restaurant?" Daehyun asked me while we were waiting for our food. I nodded.

"I'm planning to start by helping out with the admin side of things, just to familiarise myself with the work they do then work up from there." I explained.

"That's nice. I'm sure your dad is happy that you want to work with him." Daehyun added.

The food came and we started barbequing them. Daehyun was doing most of the work while I just admired him. When the meat was cooked, he would pile them up on my plate. I thought he was the one who was supposed to be eating?

"You eat too." I said as I fed him a piece after realising he was only cooking for me and not eating. 

"Are you really that happy?" I asked after seeing him smile. He gave me a small nod.

"Young... You're really not mad at me?" Daehyun asked after awhile. I guessed the past me would probably be angry and would have ignored him that's why he didn't believe I really wasn't mad at him.

"Nope. You asked me so many times. I know you didn't do it on purpose. Why? Would you rather I get mad?" I replied. At first I was really disappointed and upset that he didn't appear but after thinking about it, he wouldn't miss it if it wasn't for something unexpected. I was more worried after realising that he was probably held up by his gang stuff. I noticed how relieved I was when I saw him injury free when he appeared. 

"Of course not. I just wanted to make sure." He replied as he added more food on my plate.

"Did... something happen?" I asked carefully. He doesn't really like telling me about his gang stuff. He looked at me as though wondering why I asked.

"It's fine if you don't want to say. I was just asking." I didn't want to force him to telling me something he doesn't want me to know.

"It's just some really stupid accusation." He paused before saying.

"Another accusation?" I asked.

"They said I stole someone's girlfriend." He stated.

"Oh..." I suddenly didn't feel like eating anymore. I was just picking my rice. Why am I feeling even worse than knowing he didn't attend my graduation? We are not even together...

"Wait, you're not doubting me, are you?" He asked.

"Did you?" I can't help but ask.

"NO! I am already spending all my free time with you, you think I will have the time to do this sort of thing?" He defended himself.

"So if you had time to do it you would?" I didn't know why I had to say that. On the other hand, it felt like he was blaming me?

"How can you say that? You know that's not what I meant. I'm not interested in any of them." He said, sounding a little hurt. It's my fault.

"Do you belong to anyone?" He asked.

"Of course not!" I replied.

"Then how could I steal someone's girlfriend if you don't even belong to anyone?" Did he mean what I think he meant?

"I'm just trying to take back what's mine." He added softly. I tried to hide my smile.

"So you went out with that girl before and now you want her back?" I teased.

"No! Are you dumb?  I was referring to you!" He asked. I just laughed. 

 

"Oh right, I'll return three thousand to you later. I'm still trying to raise the rest, give me a bit more time." Daehyun said.

"What three thousand?" I feigned ignorance.

"The money I borrowed from you the other time. Don't pretend you don't remember." Daehyun replied.

"No rush. You can use the money first. I'm going to start working anyway." 

"Young, that wasn't what we agreed on. I don't want to take advantage of you." 

"I thought you said you sold yourself to me? No returns." I said as I stuffed a piece of pork into his mouth.

"If you want me, just for you, I can give myself to you for free." He smirked. 

"Stop talking." I said as I put all the cooked meat on his plate, feeling embarrassed.

After eating, Daehyun walked me home.

"Your gang... You seem to be in some sort of misunderstanding situations lately, when are you leaving?" I asked carefully, afraid he might dislike me meddling too much.

"Soon. Once I pay you back." Daehyun replied.

"If you're staying for that then I rather you just quit now. I don't want it." I replied, feeling slightly angry.

"I don't want to owe you and your mom, Young. It's the fastest way." He said.

"I don't need fast. I just need you safe!" I blurted.

"I'll take care of myself." He patted my head.

"Since you have to earn money anyway, why not you work at my Dad's company too?" I suggested. Smart move Youngie!

"Young, in case you didn't realise, your dad don't exactly like me." He stated.

"Then this is your chance to prove you're not who he think you are. He dislikes that you are with that gang, working at the restaurant solves everything!" I tried to convince him.

"Give me some time to think about it." He said.

"What is there to think about? I wouldn't suggest something that could sabotage you." I replied somehow feeling anxious. This could really help him leave the gang once and for all.

"Alright fine. You consider..." I pouted after he gave me a look.

"Your dad may not even want me." He said.

"That is my problem. I'll have my own ideas. You don't have to worry about it." I smiled. He lightly knocked my forehead.

"Alright, go on in. I won't stay over today." He said when we reached my place.

"Goodbye, text me when you're home." I said and he suddenly gave me a hug. I wrapped my arms around him as well.

 

When I reached my room, I opened my bag to take my phone but saw a white envelope sticking out. There was a note on it.

'Thank you but please accept it, I don't want to look down on myself.' 

This Daehyun...

 

 

Sorry it's been such a long while!! I apologize this is sort of a filler chapter. Thanks for reading! :)