Unexpected

Will Our Love Change?

Daehyun’s POV

 

Stupid, stupid, STUPID!! The entire time at the cafe was a wreck.

 

When I asked her why she chose me instead. Did it seem like I was after her wealth? Strike one.

 

When she held my hands with absolutely no ill intentions, I had to brush her away by reflex. I really didn’t mean it. Strike two.

 

Then what did I do? I asked what her family does. What if she thought that I was thinking about moneyarrow-10x10.png again? Aish. Strike three.

 

Why am I so stupid?! Three times, I hurt her THREE TIMES in a span of a meal. What is wrong with me?! I really don’t know how to do this dating thing… Daehyun, you’re dumb, so damn dumb. Then again, I can’t blame myself entirely when I’ve never experienced any love in the first place… The people I know either didn’t take relationships seriously or were as inexperienced as me. How can I get this to work?

 

“Where the hell have you been?! I thought you died. Clean this place up and get me more soju!”  I entered the house and got yelled at by my so-called dad. I wordlessly cleaned up the place and got more soju from the kitchen for him.

 

“Useless piece of .” He scolded as he hit me on the head. I dare not say anything that would upset him further. When I’m outside, I may seem like I’m fearless but when I’m in this place… I’m everything I don’t want to be.

 

I ran to my room and closed the door. Even this room doesn’t feel safe to me. Oh well. I’ve already accepted fate. I laid bed and tried to think of happy thoughts. Anything to distract me from this rotten place. Eunyoung seemed to be appearing in my mind a lot. She has given me good memories, I hope that I’ve given her good ones as well but maybe not since I screwed up so much when I’m with her.. Oh yes! I need to know how to express my feelings for her better. Stop being a coward Jung Daehyun!!


 

The next day after school, I wanted to ask her out again but before I could do anything, she opened first.

 

“I need to go to the library. do you want to go with me? I mean I know the library is not somewhere you’ll want to be seen at, not that I’m saying you hate that place but maybe someone like you - no no, I mean uh.. I’m not sure if the library is your kind of place and it’s fine if you don’t want to go or anything, I’m not forcing you.” Young said. Was she that nervous that she was blabbering stuff that I didn’t really think it mattered?

 

“Okay.” I replied. Maybe being in the library would be better. I could maybe save some cash. Besides, I could see her. It didn’t matter what we were doing.

 

“I thought so too. so maybe I’ll see you home - wait, did you just say okay?” She speed talked and looked a little surprised. I nodded.

 

“Yes okay! Let’s go.” She beamed like a kid who managed to persuade her parents to get her the toy she wants. Cute.

 

She wanted to go to the library to read up more stuff related to whatever the teacher was talking about during class. Not sure why though probably because she’s a good student and just want more knowledge?

 

We walked into the school’s library together and we went to look for seats. I could hear people gossiping about me already.

 

“Daehyun is here?”

 

“Why is he here?”

 

“Isn’t the library too peaceful for him?”

 

“He doesn’t even care about studies.”

 

“Did she force him to study with her?”

 

“The bad boy is becoming good?”

 

“Why are the two always together even after school?!”

 

I’ve heard enough! Those brainless thoughts got me pissed off. I kicked a wastepaper basket nearby and everyone who was talking about me jumped a little in shock and quickly got engrossed with their phones, books, even fingers.

 

“This is the school’s library. You’re damaging the school’s property.” The librarian sternly warned me. I clenched my fists in anger.

 

“I’m sorry.” Eunyoung apologized as she went to put the basket back to its place. I grabbed her elbow and made her face me.

 

“Why did you apologize? They started it!” I asked, feeling slightly frustrated.

 

“It’s okay, it’s not worth it to get worked uparrow-10x10.png over people who are not important to us. Calm down.” She said. Those eyes of hers were like hypnotizing me. I felt slightly calmer already.

 

“Let’s go find seats.” She said. Fine, if she said so…

 

“Are you okay?” I asked after she came back with a stack of books in her hands.

 

“Yeah why? About what they said? I don’t really care what they say.” She replied. Lie. How can anyone not care about negative stuff being said about them? She’s just really good at blocking them.

 

I didn’t say anything but just gave her a look of acknowledgement before allowing her some peace for her to do her own reading. The library isn’t really my place. I let out a sigh.

 

“Are you bored? You know you can leave first. This must be torture to you.” She whispered then giggled.

 

“I’m fine, just do your thing, don’t worry about me.” I said.

 

I took my phone out and started playing games to pass time. I would have blasted my phone audio if Eunyoung wasn’t engrossed with whatever she was doing. I stopped when I got bored. I looked up wondering what she was doing and then I realised how beautiful she looked when she was focused. The way she frowned when she’s deep in thought, the way she smiled when she figured something out, the way she curled her hair behind her ears when they blocked her vision. She really looked so perfect. How did I end up with a gem?

 

A few hours later, not even sure how I survived this long in there, She finally decided to go home. There weren’t many people left.

 

“Oh my! Sorry! I didn’t keep track of the time. Let’s leave.” She said as she started packing up.

 

“Oh! Can I borrow your phone? I just need to call home. I forgot to charge my phone last night. It won’t take long I promise!” She asked. I wonder if she’s afraid of me. Why does she always sound nervous and jittery? I just passed my phone to her.

 

“. Wait!” I realised I didn’t exit the web page I was surfing just now. She was already looking at the screen. Aish! I covered my face with my palms when I heard her giggling.

 

“How to treat a girl huh?” She raised her eyebrows. I will be embarrassed for life. It’s too late to take my phone back.

 

“Hold her hand, be a gentleman, shelter her, walk her home, listen to her and the list goes on. Woah… I didn’t know you read such stuff on the internet. Who knew Mr badass Jung Daehyun could be so cute and fluffy.” She smiled as she scrolled down the page. CUTE AND FLUFFY?! I can’t believe she used these two words I never thought would be associated with me!

 

“You really meant it when you said it was your first time.” She laughed again. That’s it!

 

“Wha-What are you doing?” She stuttered when my face was just inches away from hers.

 

“No one teases me and get away with it.” I said without a hint of laughter. Was it really that funny that I was on that page? Maybe to her.

 

“I..I-” I cut her off as I grab her hand and laced my fingers through hers. When she realised what we were doing, she looked away shyly. My insides feel like I have rainbows and unicorns in them. I felt happy and warm and feelings I never thought I would feel. As cliche as it sounds, our hands fit each other perfectly in my opinion and that’s all that mattered. Damn it Daehyun, you’re behaving all cute and fluffy!

 

“Are you supposed to call home?” I asked.

 

“Huh? Oh- Oh yeah.” She fiddled with my phone and finally called home. Her other hand was obviously in my palm.

 

“Sorry Mommy! I really forgot about the time! I forgot to charge my phone last night too. Yes! Okay. I’m heading home now. See you later.” She said and ended the call. Oh… she was calling to ‘report’ her safety. My thumb was the back of her palm.

 

“I’m done! Let’s go.” She said as she carried her bag. We walked side by side and I slipped my palm into hers again.

 

“Bye!” She said, sounding a mixture of happy and sad. Is that even possible? Wait, does she always sound this sad when we’re heading home? How could I not notice?!

 

“It’s late. I’ll walk you home.” I replied.

 

“Really?! I mean uh. Okay.” She said excitedly and then calming herself as though trying to remain cool. This girl.

 

“Let’s go.” I said.

 

Holding of hands, I’ve conquered you! Young, give me a bit more time for me to be more comfortable with you.

 
 
A little progress? ^^ LOOKING FORWARD TO BAP'S COMEBACK!!