Answers

Will Our Love Change?

Eunyoung's POV

"Youngie. Come down for dinner." Oppa came into my room, knocking first. He usually just let himself in.

"I'm not hungry." I lied. 

"You expect me to believe that when you told me the same thing for both breakfast and lunch? You can't starve yourself. Mom and Dad are worried. They want to give you time but this is just not right. You already locked yourself in here for the whole day." Oppa said as he came in and closed the door. I tend to coop myself in my room when I'm not feeling well or just didn't want to face reality.

"How can you pretend nothing happened? Don't you feel cheated?! They lied to us the entire time!" I raised my voice. 

"I'm not their real son anyway. It doesn't matter to me." He said. I was shocked. 

"What not real son?! They treat you just like they treat me! They're our parents!" I scolded feeling unjust.

"There, you said it, they're our parents. We can't choose them and you're getting upset at the past that's not even our business." He said. I went quiet. So this was what he was trying to do. 

"I'm not! I'm just not happy that they hid it from us!" I argued.

"Did they ever shut you out when you did something wrong? Even though you come up with the lousiest excuses, they still listened. Did you even try to listen to their side of the story?" He reasoned. Wow, when did he become so mature? 

"You didn't even give them a chance to explain." He added. 

"If you can accept Daehyun being in a gang, why can't you accept that dad was once a gangster?" He said. How did he know Daehyun is in a gang? It's not that I accept him in a gang. I had no choice. But it didn't matter now.

"Daddy was once a gangster? Meaning he is no longer one?" I asked. 

"Of course! How can we live such safe lives if he's still one?" Oppa said as he knocked my head. Oh... 

"Can you go down and eat now? You're going to become a stick if you continue like this. I still need to call you fatty." He teased. 

"Fine." I said. I was feeling hungry after not eating the entire day.

 When I reached down, Mommy and Daddy were already seated on the dining table, waiting for the both of us. I felt slightly guilty that they had to wait for me.

"Eat more. You didn't eat the entire day." Mommy said as she put some dishes on my plate. I thanked her and ate somemore. I didn't talk much because I didn't know what to say. Dinner was awkward...

"Youngie, I know we kept it from you but we didn't see the need in telling you something that you're not involved in. I didn't want to bring up a violent past.  I promise you everything we do now is legal. The restaurant is legal. We set it up after leaving that world." Daddy started.

"Did you.... hurt anyone?" I asked. 

"I would be lying if I said I didn't but I didn't kill anyone if that's what you're wondering. We did it for survival." He said. 

"Even though we were once them, or rather I was one on them, we still tried to give the both of you the best." Daddy said. Though i didn't say anything, I believed him. I have to admit that our lives were pretty good. 

"Having a gangster Daddy is pretty cool too. There's nothing to fear." Mommy said.

"I'm a retired gangster!" Daddy said. 

I guessed my reaction at the hotel was uncalled for. I should have trusted them and shouldn't have acted on impulse but I guess that at that moment, I didn't think too much.

"Oh yes, Youngie, even though I still don't like him, you need to tell Daehyun to leave that life and the person he works for." Daddy said. 

"huh?" I acted blur. I thought I hid the truth from them. How did Daddy know?

 "I know sweetheart. He came with the infamous gangster. That would be the only explanation on why he is with him. Daehyun is in a very dangerous position now. The guy he's working for is not that simple or nice." 

"I tried. It didn't work..." I replied. 

"You just accepted him then knowing he's a gangster? Then why did you run away from us after finding out?" Daddy asked. I could tell he was upset. 

"I didn't have a choice with Daehyun. I didn't know how to react to a secret you kept so long so I chose a flight response. Sorry..." I said, feeling guilty.

"It's because you had feelings for him and didn't want him to go. It's not that you didn't have a choice. But I hope you can forget about him now." Oppa said. I kept silent. He's right but can I really forget him? 

 

'Are you okay?' I received a text from Jaehyun after dinner.

'Yup. Don't worry I'm fine.' I replied.

'Are you sure? You don't sound so fine.' Came his reply. Before I could text him back, he called me.

"Hey." I answered.

"Hi darling, are you sure you're fine? Want to talk about it?" He asked in concern.

"Don't worry. I talked to my parents already. I guess I wasn't really upset. I just couldn't handle the sudden news." I said.

I was more worried for Daehyun though. Why can't he leave the gang if it's as dangerous as what daddy said?

"Youngie? You listening?" He asked. I realised I wasn't paying attention to him, I was zoning out. 

"Sorry. You were saying?" I asked.

"Nevermind. What's on your mind?" 

"I'm worried about Daehyun. Daddy said he's in bad company." I spilled my worries. 

"I'm afraid something bad will happen to him. Daddy said that his boss is ruthless." I continued. 

"Jae? You still there?" I asked when I didn't hear him.

"Yeah... Darling, I don't mean it to come out harsh or anything but didn't you say you tried talking him out of it before? He knows what's he is in for but he didn't even take your words into consideration. It's not that you didn't try. You did and it's his choice. There's nothing much you can do for someone who doesn't want to listen." He said. 

"I guess you're right..." I said.

"Darling, I'm your boyfriend now. I don't really like talking about Daehyun. I can get jealous too you know?" He said it in a gentle tone which made me feel guilty. Of course! He was beaten up by Daehyun and instead of asking about him, I was worried about Daehyun. Anyone would get upset. , why am I so insensitive?! 

"Sorry... I should have considered your feelings. Are you feeling better?"  I asked. 

 

 

Daehyun's POV

"It's overflowing! Turn it off!" Hyung shouted which gave me a scare. 

"Don't need to shout." I said as I turn the stove off. I was cooking ramyeon for myself and using my phone at the same time. Okay not really using. More like staring and thinking about stuff.

"Are you okay? Still thinking about yesterday?" Hyung asked. I nodded. 

"I really don't understand you. If you're this worried about her, just text her. No harm being concerned about a friend." He said. 

"That's the thing. We are not exactly friends now... I don't even know what are we now." I muttered.

"You can still text her and ask about her. It's not like it's face to face. Even if she doesn't reply you, you don't need to feel embarrassed or anything. At least you took this step." He said. 

I was still thinking. All these while I've been trying to convince her I'm not good enough for her. Will texting her spoil everything? But I really want to know if she's alright...

"What are you waiting for? Don't be a coward! It's just a text. That's all." Hyung added. Suddenly he snatched my phone from me. 

"Hyung!" I tried to get my phone back from him.

"You even had the text all typed out. There. Sent. You can thank me later." He gave my phone back to me, patted my back and walked out. I may seem like I was reluctant but I'm thankful that hyung really sent the message out.

'I heard about what happened yesterday. Are you alright?' Was what I typed. I waited for five minutes, there was still no reply. I expected it but why do I still feel sad? 

I then ignored my phone and ate my ramyeon. 

 After about half an hour, while I was playing a game on my phone, I felt my phone vibrate. I thought it was one of the boys but my heart skipped a beat when I realised it was Young. SHE REPLIED!

'I'm okay. :) I've talked to my parents about it. Are you okay? Oppa said he hit you. Sorry about that.' She replied. 

'I'm good. That's nothing anyway.' I replied. How is it possible for me to fall even more for her? 

'Okay. Daddy told me that your leader is ruthless. Why don't you quit?' She asked. How can she still be this concerned for me after all I did?

'I know what I'm doing. I'll be fine. Goodnight.' I said. I didn't want to continue this topic with her. I shouldn't be chatting with her anyway. I got my answer from her already. Chatting with her is just going to make things worse...

'Stay safe. Goodnight.' No, you should stay safe Young...