Without You

Will Our Love Change?

Eunyoung's POV

I didn't expect myself to be like this after a breakup. I didn't interact with people as much as I used to, I kept everything to myself. It's fine if I'm the only one suffering without him, the entire family didn't need to be affected by my mood as well. I even ate lesser because I just didn't have the appetite to. The only good thing that came out of this breakup was that I could distract myself by studying, burying myself in books. I don't really think of Daehyun when I'm focused on studies. The house seems quieter without him, not that he made a lot of noise but at least it was livelier. I was upset that he left without saying a word to me. Did he really hate me that much that he had to draw the line so clearly? I hate how empty the room feels without him... 

 

I was looking at a picture of us at the amusement park when oppa came in. 

"Come and eat." He said.

"I'm not hungry. You guys can go ahead." I replied.

"No. I said come and eat with us. You didn't even eat lunch." Oppa repeated.

"No! I said I'm not hungry!" I frowned.

"Youngie stop it! He's not worth it for you to be skipping your meals because of him! Stop your nonsense and come out now." He pulled my arm, trying to get me down. It was times like this when Oppa really behaved like a big brother but I wasn't in the right state of mind.

"What do you know?! It doesn't even concern you! Just leave me alone!" I shouted back. 

"Don't shout at me like that. I know more than you think I know! I didn't want to tell you this but I want you to see what kind of person he really is! He cheated on you! Stop being dumb! Whatever he told you were all lies! He's not worth you being sad and heartbroken over him. HE'S THE JERK HERE YOUNGIE! Wake up and stop being upset over him! Stop wasting your time on someone who doesn't care!" Oppa lost his cool. 

"You're lying..." I was speechless.

"Ya now you would rather believe someone who brokeup with you with the reason being he's tired than believing your own brother. I don't understand you at all." He said sounding frustrated. 

"How do you know?" I asked softly.

"He told me when he came and pack his stuff. Look, I've said whatever I want to say. You better head down to eat now. Mommy cooked your favourites." He said his piece and left. 

 

Daehyun really cheated on me? That's no reason for oppa to lie to me. Why? I must be too difficult to clique with. He must probably feel like I'm too spoilt and clingy... I hate how all these is still affecting me even though weeks had passed. I'm so weak. What I hate the most is how I'm still missing him even though I shouldn't be. 

 

As more days passed, I was gradually feeling better. I realised I didn't need to torture myself. He was the one who cheated on me, who broke up with me. Jaehyun told me he saw Daehyun with the same girl at a club. He really changed... Thinking of it, Daehyun showed signs already. I was just too dumb to notice them...

 Jaehyun was nice enough to make me feel better at times when I was feeling down. He spared a thought for my feelings and cheered me up. He would bring me to places with good food, with entertainment and was patient with me. I was a little quiet and hesitant to open up to him but I eventually talked about my feelings to him because he convinced me that it was better saying out them keeping them bottled up. Sometimes, it was a little weird sharing them with my family and I didn't really want to drag them in. With Jaehyun, it was like a chit chat session, nothing much. Furthermore, he was there when it happened. Of course, I didn't spill all my feelings and thoughts to him even though I was feeling disappointed with Daehyun's behaviour. The longer we spent time with each other, the lesser we talked about Daehyun or the relationship. I didn't want to bring him up too because I didn't see any point in that. 

 

 

Daehyun's POV

I usually drink occasionally but ever since the break up,  I've been drinking more often. I felt like it was more painful being sober.

"You must really like her huh." Hyung stated as he grabbed a can of beer and made himself comfortable beside me. I didn't say anything but kept drinking.

"I don't understand why you have to make yourself suffer like this." Hyung added after taking a gulp of beer.

"It's for her. As long as she is living well, I'll be fine." I said though I couldn't really convince myself that.

"I don't get why you can't be selfish for once and actually think for yourself. She obviously makes you happy." He said.

"The thing is I know I won't be able to keep her happy. It's just the honeymoon phase, once she sees my flaws, we will definitely end up breaking up. I'm just helping by ending it sooner, shortening the pain." I said bitterly.

"What flaws are you talking about?" He asked.

"It doesn't matter. I'm not compatible with her. There are better choices out there. There are guys who will love her more and have better status than me." I said.

"Gosh you're so dumb." He chided.

"But why does it hurt so much?" I mumbled. I was getting tipsy. 

"She's your first and she's a nice person so obviously it will hurt. But you'll probably get better. You can find someone who will fit you." I hope so...

 

 Two months later

I spend more time with the gang now. Some of them even tried to introduce new girls to me but I wasn't interested. It's weird how they always manage to drag me to meet other girls. Even if they told me it was just a friendly hang out, I can't help but to compare them with Young. None of them would match up to my girl. 

 It was lunch time when we went to an eatery with the other guys. Somehow they flirted with the group of girls seated beside and we ended sitting together. As usual, I just minded my own business but they were talking. Two girls seated nearer to me then started talking to me seeing that I wasn't involved with the conversation. They asked me some questions and I didn't want to appear rude or spoil the mood so I answered them even though all I want to do is just eat. I didn't really see the point in making meaningless conversation.

I regretted entertaining them because the both of them were starting to get closer to me, being more touchy with me. I looked at one of my members hopefully he would help me get rid of them but he just smiled at me as though he didn't see my uncomfortable face. I tried to remove one of their arms that were on my thigh only to have the other squeezing between my friend and I and rested their arm on my shoulder . I hated how they made me lose my appetite. 

 "Please keep your hands to yourselves." I didn't want to make a big deal out of it and told them politely as I brushed her arm away from me.

"Why are you so shy? You're cute when you're shy." One of the girls said close to my ears. What the hell. 

 I was about to stand up when someone caught my eye, Eunyoung. . We both made eye contact when she walked past my table. 

As much as I wanted to explain that it wasn't what she think it was, I held myself back when I saw who was beside her. No explanation would help because this was the image I created, I cheated on her. I had to show that I was enjoying myself. She suddenly grabbed his hand and went to find a seat away from me. 

Whatever the two girls did did not bother me that much anymore because all that was on my mind was Young. It's been almost three months since we last seen each other. Why are all the feelings coming back? You need to hide them Daehyun! You can't ruin her! I couldn't even focus on my food anymore. I made regular glances at her which I'm thankful that the rest of them were all too self absorbed in their conversation to notice.

Young then stood up and headed for the restroom. I waited awhile before excusing myself and went to the restroom as well. I waited outside for her. 

Young saw me when she came out. She looked shocked but she tried to cover it up like nothing happened.

"Why are you eating with him?" I asked. 

"Why can't I eat with him? I can eat with whoever I want. It doesn't concern you anymore." She said full of spite in her voice.

"I told you to stay away from him." I said.

"Who are you to tell me what to do? Don't get the facts wrong. It was you who broke up with me. It was you who cheated. You have no right to in to my affairs when you're surrounded with girls who love touching and worshipping you! I bet you were enjoying yourself." She said. I looked at her not knowing what to say. Why is she like this? I must have really made her mad.

"Darling is everything alright?" That came. Can't the both of us just be left alone even for a short while?! Did he have to check on her when she heads to the washroom too? WAIT, DARLING?! My heart shattered hearing that. They're together now? Why of all people him? 

"Yeah. Let's go." She took his hand and walked away the second time. 

 This wasn't supposed to happen. I watched them enjoy their meal and then I realised that it's really over now, like whatever happened in the past between us was long gone...

 

Merry Christmas and have a good 2017 year ahead! :)