Nice? Or Not...

Will Our Love Change?

Eunyoung’s POV

 

“I’m home!! Mmm… What’s that smell?” I announced loudly when I opened the door. Mommy was the only one home during this timing.

 

“Hi Darling. Just in time, come here and try my new recipe!” Mommy said as she came out from the kitchen with a plate of thingy in her hands.

 

“Ah ah. Hot.” I made a face when I used my fingers and took up the chicken. I guess the new recipe is the sauce that she used.

 

“Yah. Use the fork!” Mommy chided lightly.

 

“How is it?” She asked looking at me with some sort of shimmer in her eyes.

 

“Mmm!! This is sooooo good!!” I replied as I showed her a thumbs up.

 

“Really? You’re not being biased? I wonder if this can be on the menu…” Mommy wondered aloud.

 

“ I'M NOT! Haha. I’m sure Daddy will love it! Since when have he not love your food?” I said as I continued stuffing my mouth with it.

 

“Yah yah. Keep some for the guys!” Mummy said.

 

“If I ate them all, they wouldn’t even know!” I gave her a cheeky smile.

 

“It’s supposed to be for testing!” Mommy said, hands on her hips.

 

“Mmmm. Smells yummy.” I heard Daddy as he came down the stairs.

 

“Daddy? You’re home?!” I asked, slightly looking excited. He was seldom home after we were able to go to school by ourselves.

 

“Yeah. I was doing the accounts in the room and then I heard someone shouting that she’s home so I came down.” Daddy explained.

 

“Open.” Mommy said as she fed one piece of chicken to Daddy. Am I allowed to squeal at their sweetness? They are really a model couple.

 

“Youngie almost ate them all. Lucky you came down on time.” Mommy told on me.

 

“Oh…. She was planning on that huh?” Daddy said. Oh no. I did not like the sound of that. He sounded like he was planning on something evil.

 

“DADDYYYY! STOPPP!!! TAKE ALL OF THEM!!” I screamed when he started attacking me with tickles. I have always hated tickles since I was young. Playing dirty!

 

“That’s my girl.” Daddy then stopped and messed my hair.

 

“I’m going to change.” I said as I headed up to my room while Daddy was feeding Mommy now as they discussed about the dish.

 

“Ah tired…” I sighed as I sat on my bed and the hoodie around my waist caught my attention. I almost forgot it was there. I untied it and caught a whiff of it. It didn’t smell bad. In fact, it had that manly smell and somehow, it actually smelt nice. Gosh, what am I saying.

 

I held the jacket and thought about how Daehyun saved me from further embarrassment. He was actually the last person I thought would come to my rescue based on his reputation. I really didn’t expect that he would be the one and only one who helped me. Maybe the rumours about him were really just rumours. To be honest, he didn’t look like the kind of person the people in school claimed he was. They said he stole and bully people. But why would people spread something like that and why was he still so popular if the rumours made him seem like a badass? People actually like badasses? Huh? Urgh. Why am I even wasting my energy on this?

 

I checked the hoodie and was relieved that it didn’t have any stains. I changed out of my uniform and brought the clothes down to wash.

 

“So nice today?” Mommy asked when she saw me with my clothes. Usually, Mommy will be the one doing the household chores.

 

“Um.. Yeah.” I smiled.

 

“So… Whose does this belong to? I don’t remember seeing this.” Mommy said. Wow. Mommy sure has sharp eyes. Nah, It was just in front of her.

 

“A friend? Or rather classmate.” I replied.

 

“Hmmm… Okay…” Mommy nodded at me as if expecting me to elaborate further.

 

“It’s really nothing! I was super unlucky today. I stained my skirt!! But this helped me.” I said as I dumped the clothes into the laundry basket.

 

“That person sure is nice.” Mommy said.

 

“I guess.” I replied.

 

“And you’re feeling touched?” Mommy looked at me.

 

“What? No! I’m just thankful. Ah Mommy! There’s nothing going on between us! It’s just a hoodie!” I whined.

 

“Mmhmm… I didn’t say anything.” Mommy smiled and then walked away. What just happened? Why is my heart beating so fast? What? Did I actually think that there’s a possibility of us being together? STOP BEING CRAZY EUNYOUNG! All he did was be indifferent towards you and he only did something nice to you once and you’re thinking of that?! I think I need to nap or maybe have ice cream.



 

“Here you go. It’s dried. I even folded it neatly for you.” Mommy said when she entered my room.

 

“Thank you!” I said as I took the hoodie from her. Mommy gave me a knowing look.

 

“What? There’s really nothing between us!” I said.

 

“I didn’t say anything! You’re blushing.  Haha, fine, I shall not tease you.” Mommy said. Aish. Why is she so playful?


 

I laid in bed, attempting to fall asleep but thoughts about Daehyun came into my head again, not that I want to, he just appeared. He didn’t seem like he has friends in school. I seldom see him interact with the other students. I mean, how is he so popular when he has no friends? Okay, this just makes him sound really lonely. Under the surface, I’m sure he’s a nice guy. I wouldn’t mind being friends with him if he wasn’t so fierce. Oh well.


 

The next day, I was early for school. I looked over at Daehyun’s table and realised he wasn’t here yet. Probably late I guess. Class went on as usual and Daehyun only appeared when it was almost time for break. This teacher was a little timid and was afraid of Daehyun so Daehyun didn’t really get scolded much. Then, the bell finally rang!

 

“Here, your hoodie. I’ve washed it already, don’t worry, there isn’t any stains. Thank you.” I mentally cursed at myself for blabbering, like he didn’t find me noisy enough.

 

“Keep it. I don’t take back things I’ve given away.” Daehyun replied.

 

“But I don’t need it anymore. It’s yours anyway. It’s not nice taking something from other people.” I reasoned. Why didn’t he want it back? I didn’t even wear it and even helped him to wash!

 

“Fine, I’ll take it if you can just leave me alone.” Daehyun snatched the hoodie from me and laid his head on it like it was a pillow.

 

“You’re not eating?” I asked. Why did I even bother? He didn’t reply. So much for being nice…


 

Daehyun’s POV

 

I was late for school again but luckily it was this lousy teacher. Hyung and I went sparring last night and I was tired so I slept in.

 

During break Eunyoung talked me into taking back the hoodie. I will do anything if she would just shut up and leave me alone. I don’t understand how she can talk to me like we’re friends. Haven’t she heard about the rumours floating around? Isn’t she afraid of me? Why would she want to talk to me? No one bothered, no one cared about my wellbeing so why is she interfering? She even had the guts to hold a conversation with me or rather, start a conversation. It wouldn’t be having a conversation if I didn’t reply right? Though I cannot deny that she looked a little cute when she pouted at my replies, just a little, a tiny bit cute. Ah, I’m hungry…


 

Finally, it was the end of yet another boring school day. I stuffed everything into my bag and headed out. I’m gonna meet hyung today. We were going to spar with people to test our skills.

 

As I walked out, I heard people teasing Eunyoung about that stain incident again. Why can’t they just drop the whole incident? The even mentioned my name. I glared hard at whoever he was and he managed to shut his trap. Eunyoung however, was just walking straight for the school gate, as though wanting to get out of this place as soon as possible. I saw her getting into a branded car. Within seconds, the car disappeared. Rich kids.

 

 

 

Comment, upvote and subscribe if you're enjoying this and want more. :) 

I NEED A DANCE PRACTICE VIDEO OR A FANCAM OF YWF! T.T