Sneaking

Will Our Love Change?

Eunyoung’s POV

 

I feel like I’m a thief. Why am I even sneaking glances at him? Ever since Daehyun said we can’t, I’ve been avoiding him. I’m too ashamed to face him. I’m a girl afterall and it hurts when he just rejected me without thinking for my feelings. Why did my first love turn out like that?

 

I looked at my food that Mummy prepared for me ever since I asked her to, thinking how much Daehyun enjoyed eating the beef then even though he doesn’t really respond to me.

 

I left Daehyun alone as I ate my own meal. He’s probably more than glad that I’m no longer around him. He can finally have his peace and quiet right? He didn’t really like talking anyway. I was just too stubborn to leave him alone then.

 

I stole another glance at him and didn’t like what I saw but it’s not my business right? A senior girl was behaving kind of intimately with Daehyun. I didn’t want to watch so I just focused on eating but I ended up choking, aish so clumsy. I got up, wanting to buy a drink and then knocked on to someone, that senior girl who was with Daehyun. Yucks. I wondered what type of perfume she used when she knocked onto me. It was pungent. She then left without apologizing. Rude. Was she another one of those annoying girls or is she really close to Daehyun? Eunyoung, just leave him alone…



 

“I’m home…” I said as I entered.

 

“Hi sweetheart. Do you want to eat? I’ll warm the food for you.” Mummy said when she saw me. She was watching tv and folding clothes.

 

“It’s fine. I haven’t finish what you gave me.”I replied as I plopped myself beside her.

 

“Really? You haven’t been finishing them for days. Has my standard dropped?” Mummy asked.

 

“What? Of course not! You’re the best cook in the whole wide world! I just erm. don’t really feel as hungry these few days?” I lied. When I asked Mummy to prepare lunch boxes for me, I told her to prepare more so that I could share them with Daehyun but now…

 

“If you say so. Go wash up you smelly bum!” Mummy joked as I moved closer to her.




 

Usually when people tease me, I wouldn’t really be bothered about their words but recently this girl, the girl that seemed like she’s close to Daehyun, was bothering me and spreading false rumours about me. I try not to judge her too quickly but I do not like her. Something feels off about her. I believe all bullies are the same. They crave for attention and that is what I am not going to give her.

 

She was still trying to get close to Daehyun but I could somehow tell that he was trying to shoo her away. Sometimes it seemed like Daehyun has accepted her but other times she leaves him looking pissed. Oh well, Daehyun has the right to hang out with anyone he wants…

 

I was walking home from school one day after extra lessons when I felt like someone was following me, I felt uneasy when I turned back but there wasn’t anyone I know. I quicken my pace. At times like this I really wish Daddy was free enough to fetch me from school.

 

Then, all of a sudden, I was ambushed. A group of five guys surrounded me. Two of them looked a little familiar. Oh they go to my school!

 

“Look who we have here. Daehyun’s girl.” One of the guys smirked as they were inching closer towards me.

 

“What are you talking about? Leave me alone!” I tried to sound like I wasn’t afraid of them but in actual fact, I was shaking like a leaf. It was five against one and it doesn’t take a genius to figure out that I’m in a really bad situation. I was confused though. What are they saying? Daehyun and I aren’t even that close anymore. What am I saying, we're never close in the first place...

 

“Don’t pretend. He warned Yoonae not to touch you and now you dare act like you don’t know each other? Boys, I think we need to teach her a lesson huh? We should show her how we deal with liars.” The same guy said. How did they know her? Were they in this together?

 

“What are you guys trying to do? I’ll scream.” I said still trying to appear strong while thinking of a plan to run away.

 

“Yeah scream maybe your hero will appear.” Another said.

 

“AHH!!” I screamed when they pulled me back by my arm.

 

“!” One of them shouted as he grabbed my cheek and slapped me. I struggled and tried to defend myself by violently flinging my arms and kicking randomly. Even though I knew it was a losing battle, I couldn’t just give up like that. They were getting annoyed with my attempts to defend myself and the four of them got hold of my limbs and one punched me right at my stomach.

 

“Not so strong now right? I wonder when your boy will save you.” The same guy who was talking to me said.

 

“We’re not together! He won’t appear! Let me go!” I fired back at him as I tried to struggle out from their iron grips. I was starting to get exhausted and I just want to go home. Before I knew it, tears were rolling down my face. They seemed like they were enjoying what they were doing to me. Those sick erts! Mommy and Daddy are going to be so worried…

 

 

 

 

Daehyun’s POV

 

It’s all that Yoonae’s fault! Why must she come into my life and threaten me with someone else’s safety?! She warned me that Eunyoung was going to be in trouble if I don’t listen to her well. Who the hell does she think she is controlling me like that but I don’t have a choice right? For the first few days, I ignored her and allowed her to do whatever she wanted with me but even then, she was still spewing threats about wanting to harm Eunyoung so I sneaked. I followed Eunyoung after school from a distance when she was going home by herself without the fancy car ride and realised maybe Yoonae’s threats were just empty bull.


 

Then one day, something was off. I realised I wasn’t the only one following her and the a few of them even looked familiar but I just can’t recall where I’ve seen them. Hoping that I’m too paranoid, I continued following them. Nothing can happen to Eunyoung. She’s innocent but I guess people like them don’t use their brains.

 

I hid behind a wall when I saw them approaching Eunyoung. They better not harm her but I should have known better people like them are rotten to the core. All I saw was red the moment I saw them lay their hands on her. Those bastards! I was considering whether or not to show myself. I know, it’s stupid. I shouldn’t even think of that but we weren’t exactly on talking terms now and I don’t usually into other people’s business. While I was watching them though, I realised Eunyoung is a really strong girl. She stood up for herself. Something inside of me made me feel a little proud of her. However, there was only so long she could hold them and I could tell she was getting weaker. Maybe I should help her, afterall, she definitely didn’t deserve any of these and I believe I’m indirectly responsible for them going after her. Good on you Daehyun, taking your own sweet time to help someone in need.

 

Without thinking too much like the fact that we were outnumbered and I would probably get hurt, I charged towards the guy who was throwing attacks at Eunyoung and landed a kick on his back. He wasn’t prepared for it and therefore doubled over in pain. His minions helped him up and released Eunyoung.

 

Eunyoung looked at me, speechless but I could tell she was hurt and exhausted.

 

“Told you he would come. Let’s finish this.” That guy got up and came towards me. Oh! I finally remembered this sickening face. They were the ones who we fought with last time.

 

“Get out of here.” I said to Eunyoung before holding them back and defending myself. I should have known she would just stand there, too stunned and scared to move. Figuring that I wouldn’t be able to hold them off, I grabbed her hand and ran as fast as we could and hopefully we would be able to get to somewhere more crowded or somewhere we can hide.

 

“I cannot run anymore.” Eunyoung panted.

 

“Just a little more. Hurry.” I urged her as I could also tell that those s were getting further from us. I tightened my grip around her palms as we continued to run. I didn’t know why I did that though. It was like I was afraid her hand would slip out of mine.

 

We finally entered a small shopping centre and we lost sight of them. We were panting so hard.

 

I then bought two bottles of water for the both of us.

 

“Thank you for saving me. How did you know I was there?” Eunyoung said after swallowing mouthfuls of water.

 

I looked at her, not knowing what to say. Then I realised, she was bruised.

 

“Were you following me?!” Eunyoung questioned.

 

“I-I’ll got get first aid.” I quickly replied and walked off before she could ask anything. I took some band aids and some other first aid stuff and headed to the counter to pay. There goes my few meals. But saving her is more important now.

 

“This will hurt.” I said as I made her sit on a bench before helping her to clean her wounds.

 

“Ahh!” She shouted when I exerted a little too much force. Her face covered with light bruises were difficult to see. She must have suffered and it’s all my fault.

 

“Don’t look at me like that. I don’t need you to pity me.” She said. Aish this ungrateful girl.

 

“I’m not pitying you. Sorry. They attacked you because of me.” I said.

 

“What else did you hear? You were following me weren’t you?” Eunyoung asked again this time sounding annoyed.

 

“That’s all. I’ll make sure they won’t bother you again.” I said.

 

“How are you going to do that?! Are you going to stick with that girl?” She asked. I could hear the sadness in her voice.

 

“No. I’ll figure something out. Go home.” I said.

 

“Why?” She asked. I looked at her, clueless as to what she was saying.

 

“You obviously care about me so why did you say no? Why did you follow me? Why did you come to my rescue?!” She confronted me and then I realised.

 

This girl is daring

 

and

 

I like her. I think.