My Turn

Will Our Love Change?

Eunyoung's POV

"Wait. I know you like him." I said as she turned to walk. Hyerin stopped her tracks. It's about time we settle this. She turned around and looked at me.

"I am not denying but I can assure you that I'm really not coming between the both of you. I know Daehyun likes you a lot and only sees me as a friend. I never expect anything more than friends. Anyway, now that he is finally out of the gang, you don't have to worry about us meeting. I'll make sure they stay away from him too." Hyerin said.

"Thank you for being honest with me. I apologize for my tone just now. I hope you will find your own happiness." I said. I guess I was wrong about her. She gave me a small smile and left.

Right! Daehyun! I quickly headed back to the room and got a little shocked when I saw Daehyun trying to sit up. I rushed to his side to help him.

"You're awake! What happened to you assuring me that you would not get hurt?" I said in a hushed tone.

"Young... I'm sorry I made you worried. I-" Daehyun panicked but I didn't give him the chance to continue his words as I held his neck and kissed him. I could tell he was startled by my actions, not expecting me to act like this but he ended holding my head, leading the kiss. It was a long needed kiss even though I knew that I shouldn't have kised him like that especially after flaring at him for doing the same to me... All these surpressed feelings came flowing as I kissed him. I miss him and I miss this, having his lips on mine.  I feel so relieved and thankful that he is alive.  I pulled away after realising my tears were flowing.

"Sorry. I shouldn't have done that. You scared me." I immediately wiped my tears because I was embarrassed.

"Silly girl." Daehyun cupped my face and wiped my tears away. 

"You must be in a lot of pain. Lie down." My heart hurt seeing him so weak. I helped him adjust his pillow but he held my hand, stopping me.

"Let me explain." He said.

"Let's talk tomorrow. It's late. The other patients are asleep, you need to rest too. What difference does it make telling me now or tomorrow?" I replied.

"Are you upset?" He asked softly, still holding my hands, feeling guilty.

"I'd be lying if I said no." I said as I made him lie down. He flinched a little and then turned his body to face me. Now that I've seen him and felt slightly better, I was indeed a little upset that he's in this state.

"Are you leaving?" He asked, sounding like a poor child.

"Do you want me to leave?" I asked. He held my hand again and shook his head. I didn't think he would admit it. I was expecting him to say he wanted me to go back and rest instead even though I know he won't mean it.

"I don't want to waste my cab fare." I told him as I sat on the chair beside him. He gave me a small smile.

"Sleep. We'll talk in the morning." I said as I rested my head on his bed. 

"Maybe you should go home. Your back will hurt." He said.

"Shhh. So noisy. Sleep." I said as I covered his eyes with my palms. It's my turn to stay with you now.

"Young. I really didn't mean to hide this from you. I didn't expect to get injured to this extent and I didn't want to add on to your problems at work. It was a fight or $100 000. I didn't have a choice." Daehyun said after awhile while rubbing his thumb against the back of my palm while holding my hand. I sat up after hearing his words.

"You had two choices." I replied. I wished I didn't rant so much about those small office problems. Those were nothing compared to his.

"It's $100 000 not $100, Young. I don't want this problem to become yours too." He tried to reason.

"It's not an issue if money can solve it. You were putting your life on the line!" I argued. I might sound like a brat but it's his life we're talking about!

"I don't want to look weak and helpless in front of you! My life is not even $100 000." He said but I could tell from his expression that he immediately regretted those words.

"Don't ever say that again." I frowned as I covered his mouth. 

"Asking for help is not weak! Did you even consider my feelings? Money can always be earned again but there's only one you." I sulked and mumbled the last part. 

"Alright, I'm sorry. I promise I'll tell you if I need help from now." He said as he kissed my palm.  I removed my palm from his mouth.

"Which would you want me to choose if I was in your position instead?" I asked, hoping he would consider it from my point of view. 

"I won't let you be caught in this position ever." I was taken aback by his answer. Not what I was expecting but I was touched.

"I know where you're going with this. I won't let it happen again." He carassed my cheek, wanting me to go soft on him.

"Are you really out of the gang?" I asked. He nodded. Finally, after months of being worried about his safety.

"That's good. Hyerin said she will make sure they won't mess with you." I said.

"I got something to tell you." Daehyun said. This don't sound good.

"I just found out that... She has feelings for me. I swear I didn't know until today! You have to believe I really don't like her that way. Really. She's just a friend, nothing else!" Daehyun blurted. Oh this. It's nice of him to tell me on his own accord.

"I know." I replied.

"How did you know?" Daehyun was shocked.

"Woman's instincts and I asked her about it. She told me everything." I replied.

"You did?! She told you?!" He said. I nodded, wanting to laugh at his reaction.

"Wait, how did you find out?" I asked. I was nosy.

"She held my hand and told me just now but she didn't know that I heard it. I didn't know what to do so I pretended I was asleep." He said.

"Are you telling me you were already awake when I came in?" I realised. Daehyun laughed nervously and nodded.

"Ah, I'm suddenly sleepy, goodnight." He said as he yawned.

"Jung Daehyun!" I lightly slapped his palm. 

"Don't worry, it's not that I didn't want to see you. I just don't want things to turn awkward." He said as he lightly touched my nose.

"Goodnight." I said, feeling shy as I buried my head in my arms, resting on the bed. He placed his hand on my head and gently caressed my hair till I fell asleep. 

 

Daehyun's POV

I had difficulty staying asleep because my entire body was in pain. I just kept looking at Young when I was awake. She really is an angel. I'm glad that she was sleeping rather soundly though I feel bad for making her sleep like that. I brushed her hair away from her face and lightly her cheek, admiring her. She really stayed by my side through the night.

"Sorry, did I wake you up?" I asked when she opened her eyes. She stretched and shook her head.

"How are you feeling? I'll get you water." She asked. 

"My body hurts." I told the truth.

"I'll call the doctor." She said as she handed me a glass of water.

"It's fine. Just stay here with me. The doctor will probably just give me some painkillers." I said as I held her hand.

Just then, her phone rang.

"Oh shoot! I forgot to tell my parents when I left home last night!" She said as she saw 'Mommy' on the caller ID. I hope she doesn't get into trouble because of me.

"Hello? Sorry, sorry! I forgot to tell you I went out. I'm at the hospital. No no, I'm not hurt. Daehyun is the injured one. Alright I'll let him know." Young said and then she hung up.

"Sorry. Auntie must have been worried when she didn't find you at home." I apologized.

"It's fine. I forgot to tell them before I left home. Oh! Mommy said she'll drop by later." She said.

"Don't need to trouble her. I'm fine." I replied. 

"Just let her come. She'll feel assured too." Young replied.

"Oh! Don't you have to go to work?" I asked.

"Mommy told Daddy I'll take a few days off." She smiled. Thank you Young.

"I'll go and rinse up a little and then get some snacks for the both of us." She said and left.

"Mr Jung, you're awake. How are you feeling?" A nurse came in and check on me.

"My body is in pain." I told her. She nodded and took it down, telling me that she will drop by later with the medication.

"Where's your fiancee?" The nurse chatted.

"My what?" I asked.

"The lady who stayed with you. She told us that she's your fiancee that's why we allowed her to visit you. We'll also be moving you to another ward later." She explained.

"Oh, she went to get some stuff. She told you to change my ward?" I asked. 

"Yes, so as to not disturb the other patients." The nurse nodded.

"Alright. Thank you." I replied. This Young.

 

"I'm back! Are you hungry? I bought your favourite snacks!" Young asked as she happily entered with a bag of stuff.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" Young asked when I smiled at her.

"You know what the nurse told me about last night?" I asked her, tempting her curiousity.

"No. What happened?" She asked as she placed the snacks on the bed and came closer towards me looking all eager, probably assuming that there were gossips.

"She told me I have a fiancee. I didn't know I had one." I said in a hushed tone, teasing while looking at her for her reaction. She looked everywhere but at me.

"My fiancee barged into the hospital, demanding to see me and even asked to change my ward. My fiancee even demanded to see the Head if she couldn't see me." I elaborated.

"Lies. I didn't demand to see the Head nurse." Young argued.

"Oh! So you're my fiancee!" I said dramatically, pretending to be shocked.

  "Jung Daehyun! How dare you tease me!" She wanted to slap my arm again but I grabbed her arm and pulled her down, causing her to fall on top of me. I let out a small groan because I forgot about my wounds. 

"Why did you do that? Are you okay?" Young asked, worried about me as she attempted to get up. 

"Just stay like this for awhile..." I mumbled as I hugged her, not allowing her to get up. She obediently stayed in my embrace, being very careful not to put her entire weight on me. My wounds hurt but I really wanted to hold her in my arms. 

"Young... What are we now?" I asked as I her hair. 

"Friends." She replied. 

"Just friends?" I asked, feeling disappointed. 

"Very good friends." She said. 

"Only that?" I asked. 

"What do you expect?" She asked. 

"You kissed me! Shouldn't you at least be my girlfriend? Aren't you supposed to take responsibility for me?!" I replied, feeling impatient. After all the things she had done, does she really not want me?

"Okay." She said.

"For real?! You're not lying right?" I asked as I turned her head towards me. She nodded her head once with a smile. 

"I love you." I said quickly, cupping her cheeks and kissing her, not giving her time to react. It feels good now that I can openly kiss her without any reason.

"Mr Jung, sorry for distrupting, is it convenient if we move you to the other room now?" a nurse asked. 

"Yes sure." I replied while Young burried her face in my chest, embarrassed. 

"Thank you." Young thanked the nurse after they moved me to a private ward. 

"Young... The nurse didn't tell me that it was a private ward." I said.

"You're already in this state. Don't worry about anything else and just focus on getting well alright? You asked me to take responsibility. Leave the rest to me. At least we won't disturb anyone now." She replied.

"We won't disturb anyone? What are u planning to do to me?!" I asked, pretending to be shocked. 

"Nothing!" I laughed. She's fun to tease. 

I really didn't know how to thank her... I pulled her to sit on the bed and gave her a hug.

"Thank you for coming back to me." I whispered in her ear. She wrapped her arms around me and I made a sound.

"Sorry!" I shook my head, not taking it to heart.

We talked awhile more before her mom came.

"Hello Auntie." I said as I sat up straight.

"Hi Daehyun. Relax. You can lie down. How are you feeling?" Auntie smiled. I felt bad that she had to see me in this state.

"I'm alright. Just a little sore. I will probably be out in a few days." I replied.

"That's good to hear. Focus on recovering. I made soup for the both of you." She said and we thanked her.

"Youngie, I brought some clothes for you." Auntie added as she passed a bag to Young.

"Thank you!" Young smiled. 

"You're planning to stay here?" I asked. It was a big bag and I'm assuming there were more than three sets of clothes.

"I can take care of you and you won't be lonely!" Young replied.

"There are nurses in the hospital, Young. Besides, I can take care of myself. This is not a hotel, you don't have to stay here." I said.

"Just let her take care of you. She won't feel assured unless she's here with you. It's not often that she's taking care of people. Don't worry about work, Youngie." Auntie teased. Young made a face.

"Mommy, can Daehyun move back with us once he's discharged?" Young asked. Wait what? 

"Young, we didn't discuss this." I muttered.

"Your wounds will take some time to heal. I don't feel safe if you're alone." She reasoned.

"Sure if Daehyun is fine with it." Her mom said. Young was looking at me eagerly waiting for my answer. I don't want to impose but I don't want to disappoint her too. I miss seeing and having her around.

"Thank you Auntie." I'm touched by their kindness. They're really the best thing that has appeared in my life.

"No worries. I said we'll always welcome you. You just settle the necessary things with Youngie." Her mom said. I thanked her again.

"I'll make a move first. Don't forget to eat. Wish you a speedy recovery." Auntie said and we said our goodbyes.

"Yes! We'll be housemates again!" Young cheered.

"That excited? Now I wonder all these while how did you manage to resist me?" I .

 

Ahhh I was supposed to post this earlier :(

Happy Birthday Daehyun! Some fluff!