Because of Me

Will Our Love Change?

Eunyoung’s POV

When I opened the front door of my home, I was a little surprised that all three of them were present.

“I’m home!” I announced.

“Why are you so late? I’m home before you.” Daddy asked.

“I studied and then ate dinner.” I replied, trying to hide my arm from them. I don’t want them to misunderstand.

“ Can we start eating the ice cream now?” Daddy said and then turned to Mommy to ask for permission. Mommy nodded and brought the ice cream out.

“I’m going to change!” I replied as I tried to head up to my room without them seeing my arm but obviously, no such luck.

“What happened to your hand?” Oppa asked. I closed my eyes. Now they will be all over me and I have to come up with something. 

“Nothing.” I replied and almost facepalm myself.

“It’s not nothing when it’s wrapped like a dumpling.” Mommy said as she inspected my hand.

“I kind of got scalded. It’s nothing serious though! Don’t worry!” I explained quickly.

“Scalded?! What did you do?” Mommy asked all concerned now.

“I made tea for Daehyun and this happened.” I pouted as I whispered a lie and I felt bad about lying but I didn’t want to leave a bad impression of Daehyun.

“Oh…. So clumsy. I don’t see you making tea for me.” Mommy teased.

“I’ll make for you too! When my hand gets better,” I smiled as I headed up to change.

When I came down, the tub of ice cream was almost half gone. WHAT?!

“DADDY!!! Stop eating!” I shouted as I took the tub and the spoon from him and ate.

We then caught up a little before it was time for bed.


“Oppa.” I just barged into his room.

“What? Can’t you knock?” He asked.

“Can you help me change my dressing?” I asked as I ignored his question.

“Bring the stuff and come here you troublesome girl.” He said as he made space for me on his bed.

“Wow… It looks really bad. What happened?” He asked.

“I spilled tea.” I repeated my lie.

“Are you sure? You don’t even boil water at home.” He said and he cleaned up my burn.

“It’s your boyfriend right? Tell me the truth. Is he abusing you?” He questioned.

“What?! How do you know about my boyfriend?” I asked, shocked.

“I know you are crazy but you won’t be smiling to yourself like a loon for no reason.” he revealed. I made a face.

“Did he do this to you? Did he abuse you? Did he torture you? He forced you to do something and you didn’t want and did this to you?” Oppa asked seriously. I love how they love me so much but sometimes they’re just a little bit too overprotective. This is the reason why I wanted to hide it from them. I know that they will come up with such a conclusion.

“No! What are you thinking? He didn’t abuse me! Do you think I’ll torture myself if I have to stay in an abusive relationship? Daehyun is nice guy. He treats me better than you!” I explained myself.

“It better be the case. If he bullies you, I’ll chop him up into a million pieces.” Oppa said and applied more force on my arm. 

“OWW!! Don’t do that! Why are you so concerned anyway? You bully me everyday.” I frowned.

“Because only I get to bully you. If anyone else bullies you, I’ll flatten their faces!” He said as he was done dressing my wound. I smiled at his words.

“Done. Now get out of my room.” Oppa said.

“Thank you. Good night fatty.” I replied as I pushed him off his bed.

“Yah! You ungrateful brat!” He said but I was already out of his room.

 


Daehyun’s POV

It was still the exams period and Young has been studying really hard for it. If only I have such motivation… I used to hate exams but I hate it even more now. Young hardly has time for me. After what happened at Hyung’s place, I feel ashamed for wanting her to come over and she would probably study better without me around. I really tried but I just don’t like studying. 

I thought I could spend break time with her but NO! Random people in class were asking her questions about schoolwork and being the nice girl she was, she patiently replied them. Don’t they have teachers to go to? Must they go to her and leave me with so little time with her? They must really be dumb for taking up her break time. Don’t they know that she needs to eat as well? I hate it that she’s so friendly with people, especially those guys that were obviously trying to flirt with her.

“Daehyun?” She tapped my shoulder when I was resting my head on the table. Oh, so now she’s done?

“We can eat now.” She gave me an apologetic smile.

“What’s the point? We only have 10 minutes left. What can I eat in 10 minutes?” I said, feeling pissed off. Shouldn’t she spare a thought for my stomach?

“I’m sorry. I’ll do things faster. We can go grab something light.” She replied.

“You don’t need to do things faster. You just need to ignore those guys.” I said. I don’t like the fact that she took the blame for something that wasn’t even her fault. She then smiled.

“Is someone jealous?” She asked, smiling. I didn’t think it was something worth smiling.

“Rubbish. I’m not. Then what are the teachers for? Do you get paid teaching them? No right? So we should just eat or must I ask you questions too before you can eat with me?” I said grumpily as we headed out. What? I didn’t even know she managed to get me out of the classroom.

“Be nice. It was just a few questions.” She shrugged.

“I told you I’m not nice.” I said as I walked ahead of her.

“Okay okay, next time when the bell rings we’ll just head out for food okay? I'll ignore the entire world for you. Better?” She suggested when she caught up with me and patted my back lightly. She knew I was being serious. That was supposed to be the way.

“We’ll eat a proper one later alright? Stop being so grumpy. You make me want to kiss you.” She smiled and laughed at me. Okay, maybe she doesn’t think I’m that serious... THIS GIRL! Somehow hearing that, I wasn’t as angry nor was I surprised anymore. She says the random things at the most random times.

“You must like that idea a lot to be smiling.” She teased as she stuck her face in front of mine.

“Too bad we’re in school.” She made a face and turned away. Yeah, tease me.

“Hi Handsome, long time no see.” Urgh that witch that I hate appeared and sat beside me when we were munching on our sandwiches. She’s still alive? Why can’t she just stay out of my life? I turned away, facing another side, refusing to acknowledge her.

“I said hi.” She repeated sounding like she was controlling her temper. Young looked at me as though waiting for my reaction.

“Oh, did my people do something to you? That’s funny, I didn’t plan anything.” She targeted Young. I clenched my fists tight feeling furious. She was talking about the burn I did to her. Young hid her palm away from her.

“Get lost if you know what’s good for you.” I hissed.

“So it’s true. You both are an item now? How could you do this to me Handsome?” She mocked. Did she not hear me?!

I grabbed the cup of beverage on the table, ready to splash it at her face but somehow, Young saw and stopped me in time. She held my palm and shook her head.

“Well, that got you fired up. Interesting.” She smirked.

“I’ll always get what I want. You better watch out.” She turned to Young and warn her. That’s it! I took the drink and splashed it on her.

“Daehyun!” Young was shocked.

“Don’t you dare threaten her.” I spat.

“We’ll see about that.” She winked and left. 

“I lost my appetite.” I said as I stood up. I heard a sigh from Young and she appeared beside me and we walked back to class together. 

“That wasn’t necessary but thank you.” She mumbled.

“Don’t thank me if you’re just going to lecture me.” I said. I’m not sure why am I venting my anger on her. 

“I don’t mean it like that! I’m just saying that you should ignore her. Why get your hands dirty?” She explained. I don’t get it. A girl was hitting on me and she doesn’t feel anything at all? I walked even faster.

“Did I say something wrong again? I’m sorry.” She asked when she caught up with me. Why does she apologize so easily?

“You don’t even know what you did and you just apologized? Where is your pride? She was hitting on me and you didn’t feel anything?! How could you ignore that?!” I scolded her, voice increasing in loudness.

“I apologize because I don’t like us arguing over people who don’t mean anything to us. I can give up- nevermind. Who said I didn’t feel anything? You think I’m enjoying when she flirts with you? I want to punch and pull her hair off her head so badly you don’t even know!! So don’t say I don’t feel anything!” She replied feeling wronged. Why does she always say things like that that makes me feel like for shouting at her? How can she still stand me? I have so much to learn from her. I softened at her pouty look and ruffled her hair. It was like me apologizing non-verbally. I’m sorry for shouting at you and even more so in public… I’m the worst...

“What the hell are all of you looking at?!” I shouted when I saw a crowd watching us. What are we?! Animals?! They then scrambled off.

“Hey Eunyoung.” A voice called and we both turned and reacted subconsciously. THE HELL! That threw a cup of something at her and I couldn’t react fast enough to shield her from it.

“Payback is a , Handsome.” She smirked. That’s it.

I slammed her against the wall with my hand grabbing on tightly, not allowing her to breathe. Her face was turning purple but I didn’t care. I was too furious. She was begging me to let her go.

“Le-let me go. Please!” She choked out. 

“Daehyun stop! Let her go!” Young said after awhile, probably recovering from the shock.

“No. She deserved it.” I growled in anger.

“Stop please, you’ll kill her! I’m fine. Let her go please! It’s not worth it! I don’t want you to get into trouble. Please Daehyun!!” She pleaded while trying to get my grip off that neck.

“Daehyun stop please!! Don’t do this!” She added, now in tears. Maybe I really have taken it too far…

“Apologize to her!” I released my grip from her neck but forced her down on her knees. Instead of apologizing, she spat on the floor.

 "Daehyun, it's alright. I'm not hurt. Let go of her.." she persuaded me but I was blinded with fury. 

 I kicked her ankle and she was still trying to act tough. I then stepped on her ankle. She made me do it. It’s her fault.

“Sorry!! I’m sorry!!” Now she knew how to apologize?

“Get lost.” I ignored her and headed towards Young. I was shocked that she was taking small steps backwards. 

“Stop moving.” I said and she stopped. 

“That .” I muttered to myself after seeing Young in that state all shaken up. She was covered in flour and soapy water or something of that sort.

“Follow me.” I said as I reached for her hand. She hesitated before extending her arm towards me.

“Wh-where are you taking me?” She asked, sounding afraid of me…

“Clean up.” I replied as we headed to the girls toilet. 

“All get out!” I chased the girls away.

“I can do it myself… Don’t come in. It’s the girls’ toilet.” She persuaded.

“I’ll get you something to wear.” I left her and took my hoodie from class before heading back to her. It was lucky that she was still able to wear her skirt.

“Change into this.” I said as I handed her my hoodie. She looked like she was about to say something but decided against it.

She came out looking slightly better though her hair and face were wet.


Why do I keep hurting her? Everything is because of me… I don’t even need to want to show her this side of me in the past, they just come out now. Why did I let my anger control me or rather, why couldn’t I control myself?

 

 

I was contemplating if Daehyun's actions were kinda harsh but oh well. Can't wait to read what you guys think about this chapter! Thanks for commenting and subscribing!! ^^