Stupid Busybody

Will Our Love Change?

Eunyoung’’s POV

 

Thank Mommy for preparing food for me to eat during break. I kind of forgot to complete my assignment and had to spend my break time to rush it. I hate skipping break time and keeping myself in class but this teacher is strict and I don’t think she would let me off if I didn’t do them. Oh well, blame me for my memory.

 

As I was doing my work and trying to eat the sandwich Mommy prepared for me, I didn’t notice that someone entered the classroom until I saw the shadows casted on my table.

 

“Woah. You scared me.” I mumbled, slightly patting my chest. I didn’t hear his footsteps. Daehyun gave me a weird look before heading to his seat. He then took out a random textbook, placed it on the table. Was he in a rush to complete his homework too? I thought he didn’t care about such stuff?

 

“What are you looking at?!” Daehyun said roughly, totally sounding like how a gangster would talk. I didn’t notice I was staring at him until he said so.

 

“You have a cut.” I blurted without thinking. What is he going to think of me? That I stared at him long enough to notice? It wasn’t hard to miss though. The cut was quite long across his cheek.

 

“Mind your own business.” He replied harshly and laid his head on the table, on top of his book, avoiding the cut and closed his eyes. I should be feeling intimidated by his tone but somehow, I wasn’t. I guess he was alone and I have never actually witness him beating up anyone even though he was known for his reputation. Oh! I have a band aid in my bag! I should give it to him right? What if the cut gets infected?

 

“What the hell?!” He shot up looking pissed when I gently knocked on his table to get his attention. I guess he’s someone who doesn’t like to be disturbed while trying to sleep?

 

“Here, for that.” I timidly handed the band aid to him as I pointed to his cheek. He rolled his eyes before placing his head down again.

 

“It might get infected.” I said again, hoping to not stir any anger in him. He ignored me.

 

“I’ll just put it here.” I said as I placed the band aid on his table. He looked up at me.

 

“Will you stop bothering me if I use it?” He said, sounding frustrated. I nodded, happy to help. The school’s badass was listening to me. Mommy always told us to help people whenever we can. So what if he has a not so good reputation? He sat up, took the band aid and opened it, trying to put on his cheek.

 

After two attempts on pasting the band aid right, Daehyun gave up. Seems like he isn’t much of a patient person.

 

“I’ll help you.” I offered as I took another band aid from my bag since the one on his face wouldn’t be so sticky. He gave me a weird look. To be honest, I didn’t even know why I wanted to help him. Oh well, since I already offered him a band aid, I might as well help all the way.

 

“What? My mom always help me if I can’t do it myself. How did you get hurt?” I said. It was just pasting it over his cut right? He didn’t say anything so I assumed he gave me the green light to help him.

 

“Mommy’s girl.” He said under his breath. I took a piece of tissue and wet it and then dabbed softly on the cut. I then tore the band aid from its wrapper and stick it gently over it. He winced a little but tried his best not to show. Guys~

 

“My dad put it in my bag.” I said casually. Luckily it was a skin coloured one and not something embarassing. Somehow, I didn’t mind him calling me that because what is there to be ashamed of when I have such loving parents? Then I caught sight of his lips, I didn’t realise that our faces were so close to each other. I quickly moved back a little. Then, I heard mumblings and people laughing. I looked up and there was a crowd outside the classroom, looking at the both of us. Why are they laughing at us?

 

“I told you to mind your own business. Busybody.” Daehyun said and then went back to lying his head on the table. What? I just helped you. A thank you would be nice. I made a face and continued with my work.


 

Daehyun’s POV

 

Fight! All they do at home is fight! And now I’ve to be the one suffering from all of their fights. Can’t they just let me go school in peace?

 

“Finally.” I said to myself after outside was quiet. I left my room and headed for the door when something flew at me and hit my cheek. I couldn’t care less and quickly ran out.

 

I walked to school, not wanting to reach school too early. If I walked a little slower, I could reach during break and then I’ll only have half a day to endure.

 

My reflection against the glass panels of the shops alerted me there was blood on my cheek. Great, now it’s a cut…

 

When I finally reached school, I heard my stomach grumble. Aish, I forgot to take money. Going hungry again. Didn’t want to be tempted by the food, I headed to class wanting to get some peaceful sleep before the mass came back.

 

I entered class and I see Eunyoung alone in class rushing her work I think. What’s the point of being so hardworking? Oh yeah, she’s someone who isn’t trash. She was staring at me from the moment she noticed me.

 

“What the hell?!” I got frustrated. Here I am trying to get some sleep and this girl is disturbing me. To think I was expecting myself to have a peaceful sleep. She told me her intentions and I ignored her. Why should she care? No one other than hyung does anyway and no point of her getting into my good books.

 

But this girl, wasn’t someone who gives up easily. I didn’t think she would stop bugging me until I use that damn thing, in which I eventually did but gave up in doing a good job because I couldn’t see the cut. I was too lazy to go to the toilet because I want it over and done with so that she would leave me alone.

 

She then offered to help. Again, why was she doing that? Helping someone like me? I don’t get it. She said her mom helps her but I’m nobody to her. Why should she help me? Thinking I would finally get some peace if I just let her do what she wants, I just sat still and allowed her to put that thing on my face. Why was she being so nosy? Never seen a cut before?

 

“Mommy’s girl.” I called her that. I didn’t know why. I shouldn’t be calling her that because I was looking down on people who were teasing her and looking down at her for not fending for herself. Maybe by calling her that she would get the hint that I didn’t want anything to do with her. Yes, it was to agitate her but somehow, she didn’t even seem the slightest bit agitated. What is wrong with this girl?

 

Then I heard noise from outside. Great, no peaceful sleep anymore and people were talking about her too. She was going through what I’m going through. Even though I don’t want anything to do with her, she didn’t deserve that kind of treatment.

 

“I told you to mind your own business. Busybody.” I placed my head back on the table and ignored everything else or at least I’m trying but my brain won’t stop being active. It’s the first time someone other than hyung cared for me or insisted helping me. Who am I to deserve all this? This girl is stupid. She shouldn’t even spend her time talking to people like me. With that, I fell asleep.


 

After school, I headed to hyung’s house. He said we were going to do something exciting today.

 

“Hyung!” I greeted when I saw him.

 

“Hey. Woah. What happened?” He said as he let me in to his home. Himchan hyung is the closest person I have that treated me like family. He took me in when I ran away from home one day and now I take him as my hyung. He’s the only person that treats me as a person. He’s the only one that cares for me even if I’m not worth it.

 

“Same old thing. Nothing new.” I replied.

 

“You sure?” He asked. I nodded.

 

“And you even have a band aid over it?” Hyung laughed.

 

“Don’t laugh. I was forced.” I said, taking a can of soda from hyung’s fridge.

 

“Wow. I wonder who could force you. A girl?” Hyung suggested, totally hinting something.

 

“I don’t want to talk about it.” I said, thinking of that stupid busybody who interrupted my sleep.

 

“Okay then. Someone’s got some guts.” Hyung said.

 

“So what are we doing today?” I asked.

 

“I’m gonna teach you how to protect yourself. You’re going to learn how to fight.” He said.

 

“A little late though.” I said.

 

“Shut up. Are you learning or not?” Hyung asked as he arm locked my neck playfully.

 

“Okay okay! Ouch!” I said as I slapped his arm, hoping that the would stop doing it.

 

“What are you waiting for? Let’s go.” He dragged me out though being careful not to really hurt me.


 

 

Update because of three words.

BAP IS BACK!

 

Thank you for all the love for my first chapter! They motivated me a whole lot to do well with this fic! :)