Fight

Will Our Love Change?

 

Daehyun’s POV

 “Daehyun wake up… You’re not ready to see my mom yet right? She’ll be up soon.” I heard someone’s gentle voice. This girl looks like a princess. She looks so beautiful. 

“Daehyun… I have something for you to eat.” The same voice said. Wow, gentle voice, pretty face and food. Perfect! I opened my eyes and sat up. Young was in front of me. Damn why does my head hurt so bad?! Wait, where am I? Why am I here? Why is she here?

“Urgh. My head!” I clutched onto my head.

“Be careful.” She said as she handed me something to drink to probably help with my headache. This feeling .

“What happened? Where am I? Why are you here?” I asked her.

“You drank too much I think and you came to my house at two in the morning and ended saying how much you like me.” She got closer to me. 

“What?! Okayyy… Then why am I here?” I asked.

“You’re in my room!” She said.

“WHAT? IN YOUR ROOM?! Did I do anything that I wasn’t er.. You know…” I asked feeling scared. How could I do such a foolish thing?! 

"You think? You were good last night. Wait! I didn’t mean it like that!! Oh no!! I mean you didn’t disturb me last night when I was studying. You just slept soundly. You’re not even in my room. You’re in my house, guest room!” She panicked. Was she making fun of me?! I got scared for nothing?! But she kinda got her payback after saying the wrong thing.

“I was good last night huh?” I . She pulled a prank on me first.

“I DIDN’T MEAN IT LIKE THAT!! STOP!!” She whined as she covered her face.

“Mean it like what? I meant I was good for not disturbing you. What were you thinking?” I asked. 

“I SAID STOPPP!” She smashed her face into a pillow. Why is she so fun to tease?

“Alright, alright, I’ll not tease you anymore. What really happened last night?” I asked as I caressed her hair.

“I told you. You came all the way here to tell me something important.” She said. She didn’t sound like she was lying but she had that teasing look on her face.

“What did I tell you?” I asked.

“You told me how much you like me.” She said with a wide grin plastered on her face. 

“You sound weird. You’re joking right?” I asked.

“What?! You really said that! I swear!!” She slapped my thigh really lightly, almost like a pat. I really said that? Then I guess it’s true. Your drunk self says the most honest things. I hope I didn’t reveal any more embarrassing things. I didn’t want to ask anymore.

“Here, change into these and come out and eat before you go.” She said as she handed me her baggy shorts and a tee. I would like to see her wear these. 

“Thank you.” I messed her hair. Thank you Young for taking care of me again. She smiled and left while I changed into her clothes.

While I was changing, I realised I had bruises around my abdomen area. I then recalled what happened yesterday.


FLASHBACK

After the stupid fight in school and dropping Young off at home, I headed out to find hyung. I was feeling horrible. I needed to release whatever I was feeling inside. Hyung brought me out and then got some cans of alcohol. I guess he was having a ty day too. We went to a nearby park and drank our sorrows. It was wrong but it felt right then. It wasn’t the first time I got hold of alcohol. I didn’t particularly liked the taste of it but it was bearable and somehow, it tasted better when I was gulping them down faster. 

I hated that Young had to see that side of me earlier in school. I didn’t mean to but I just couldn’t control myself. If that had hurt me, I wouldn’t have turned as violent as I did when Young was on the receiving end of the cup contents. She is my girlfriend. I needed to protect her and when she got splashed on, I felt like a failure. I failed to protect her. That’s when I saw red. I was also pissed with myself for not reacting fast enough and therefore I took whatever I was feeling out on that idiot. 

She was the only one apart from Hyung that cared about me. I can’t just pretend nothing happened and leave her to suffer the humiliation. I didn’t regret hurting that but I what I hated was Young witnessing everything, the violence in my life. 

Some cans became more and we were both kinda tipsy when Hyung needed to go to the washroom. I stayed where we sat while waiting for him. 

Suddenly, I felt a hard push on my head and looked back. It was that Yoonae and her stupid followers. How did they even find me here?! 

“We heard what happened earlier.” One of her dogs barked.

“Is that not enough?” I daringly answered back. He then landed a punch on my cheek.

“Don’t touch his face!” Yoonae pinched his arm.

Before I knew it, a fight broke out between me and four guys with that just watching the fight. I would have handled them better if I didn’t drink as much. Soon, I was on the floor, defending myself.

“Daehyun!” Hyung shouted as he ran towards me. He helped me in fending them off but it was no use, so much for drowning our sorrows.

Suddenly, another group of people came and to my surprise, they actually came to help us. They eventually scared Yoonae and her little dogs away.

“Thanks.” The both of us thanked them.

“We hate them too. You got some skills. Want to join us?” One of the guys asked. 

“No thank you. I owe you a favour. Thank you for just now.” I said as I  started to walk away with hyung.

“I’m sorry. Let me rephrase that. Join us. It wasn’t so much of a question.” He replied. I didn’t like the sound of that.

“Thanks for the offer but I will have to decline it.” I rejected him again.

“We’ll give you some time to consider. Think of the power you will have to protect yourself and your loved ones, think of the cash we can earn. You would rather be in one than have us against you right? Think about it. It’s your call. We’ll meet again.” He said. Now, they were the ones that walked away. What was that about?

“Ignore them. Let’s go.” Hyung said and slung his arm around my shoulders. 

“Sorry Hyung, you head back first, I need to go somewhere.” I said. He gave me a knowing grin and then waved good bye to me before walking the opposite direction.

I needed to find my comfort.

END OF FLASHBACK

 

“You made these?” I asked when I saw a bowl of soup on the table. Wow. How much time did she spend on making this?

“Is it edible?” I joked but I was honestly touched.

“Don’t be rude! I really tried and I looked up the net for the recipe. Blame the writer if it’s not nice!” She folded her arms and frowned. To be honest, I would have gobbled up the entire bowl even if it was as salty as seawater. No one has ever bothered making this for me when I was sick or drunk.

“You better finish it! My mom will be coming down soon.” She told me.

“What happened to the nervous Eunyoung with that ramyeon?” I asked and then slurped the bowl of soup. 

“That Eunyoung disappeared!” She claimed but was still looking at me for my comments. It surprisingly good. It wasn’t an easy dish and I don’t think she would be able to do it this good. Not saying she’s a bad cook or anything but I know her history.

“Are you sure you made this?” I asked.

“Okay, confession, my mom came down and helped me a little.” She said sheepishly.

“A little?” I asked, not believing her but it was funny seeing her reaction.

“Fine fine, she helped more than just a little. You’re rude. You better gobble that down if you wanna leave before my mom or oppa comes out.” She said. What? Her mom made these for me? How would she think about me now? I’m sure I’ll have the most rotten reputation.

“Hey slow down. I was just kidding. I told my mom to sleep longer and I believe she got the hint. I mean… I don’t mean to tell her that you weren’t ready but oh no, I said something similar. But she’ll understand! Really! Aish. I’m sorry. I just ruin things.” She said with her head hanging low. Who am I to be blaming her? Was she afraid that I would get angry? 

“Hey. it’s fine. I’m not mad. Thank you for letting me sleep here for the night.” I placed my fingers on her chin tilted her head up, giving her a small kiss on the tip of her nose. She smiled immediately. Sweet.

“I better get going. See you in school. Or maybe not.” I said while I was packing up after I was done with the food. 

“Why? You’re not going? We have a paper today.” She said.

“Alright. See you in school.” I didn’t want to upset her by not appearing.

“Are you sure you’re full? Do you want to stay longer?” She asked. She sounded hopeful but I can’t risk it.

“I’m full, don’t worry about me. You go and eat. I’ll see you later.” I replied.

“Okay… My mom is really nice though. I’m sure she’ll want to meet you too.” She persuaded.

“Young, enough.” I warned her. What is wrong with me?!

“Okay okay, I’m sorry. I’ll see you in school. Head back safe. Let me know when you’re back alright.” She apologized.

“Okay. Go and eat.” I said as I curled her hair behind her ears. She ate obediently but something didn't feel right. I shouldn't have used that tone with her. She seemed down.

"Give me a little more time alright? I'm trying." I spoke nicely to her. She seemed a little lost but managed to catch what I was talking about. 

"It's fine. I shouldn't have rushed you. I should have spared a thought for your feelings." She replied. It's times like this when I wonder which world did I save to deserve someone like her. 

"I'll get going. See you later. It's alright, don't have to see me out. Eat." I gave her a small smile as she wanted to walk me out.

"Can I get a see-you-later hug?" She asked hopefully. Why is she so cute? I gave her a hug and she squeeze me really tightly, the kind that takes your breath away. It's amazing how just one person could make me feel loved.

"How about a kiss too? They kinda come together." She grinned brightly at me. Oh this girl. 

 

Not sure how I feel about this chapter :/ I could have probably came out with something better~ oh well. I hope you enhoyed reading it!