Evidence

Will Our Love Change?

Eunyoung's POV

I closed the lid of the toilet bowl and sat on in. 'Be my girlfriend.' These three words kept repeating in my head. I felt so sorry towards Daehyun... Knowing him, he must have gathered a lot of courage just to get those words out. As much as he likes to tease me, I know he wouldn't joke about this. He must have given it a lot of thought before actually saying it.  I didn't need to look at his eyes to know how he felt. I wanted to say yes then but I really couldn't bring myself to do so... I was scared. Girlfriend is such a scary word. I don't think I'm ready to be his girlfriend. I failed twice. This word feels like a huge responsibility. I'm afraid of being a disappointment... I'm afraid I won't be able to match up to his expectations.

"Young? Are you alright? I'm sorry. I was being impatient." Daehyun said, standing outside the bathroom. Why was he apologizing when it's me who hurt him?

"I'm fine..." I don't want to worry him. I came over hoping to cheer him up and to comfort him because he didn't sound too good over the phone. I didn't even managed to ask what was bothering him and now I further dampened his mood. 

"Can you come out then? Let's talk outside." He said in a gentle tone. I stood up, washed my face, calmed myself down and opened the door.

"Are you okay?" Daehyun checked on me, looking really concerned. I nodded.

"Let's talk in the living room?" He asked.  I nodded again.

We sat on the couch in silence, perhaps waiting for each other to say something.

"Do you... not have feelings for me anymore?" Daehyun let out a deep breath and asked carefully. I felt guilty for making him have such thoughts...

"It's not that... I just don't think I'm ready yet. I know I'm being very selfish but can you... give me a little more time to sort out my thoughts? I'm sorry." I answered.

"You don't need to apologize. I'll give you all the time you need. I just want you to know I'm here." He cupped my cheek. 

"Since when were you so mushy?" I smiled a little.

"Yup, you had to spoil it." He messed my hair. 

"You know... The better you treat me, the more ashamed I would feel..." I mumbled.

"But I can't just treat you any less than how I've been treating you. I still have to work towards becoming your boyfriend." He said nonchalantly.

 

"So why did you sound so sad over the phone just now?" I asked. Nice try trying to change the subject...

"I didn't." He said.

"Come on... You said you would try sharing stuff with me..." I persuaded him.

"I..." He started but stopped there.

"You?" I prompted.

"I'm an idiot." He said as he messed his hair. I didn't say anything hoping he would continue.

"The money... It wasn't my fault but I was forced to take the fall... I shouldn't have helped. But don't worry. I will find a way to pay you back." He told me.

"I'm not worried about the money. I'm more concerned about you. Did they do anything to you?" I asked. He's in a gang... I don't think they would let him off so easily even though he was sabotaged.

"Aww... You're worried about me." He gave me a cheeky look. I frowned. Why is he joking about this again?

"Don't worry. Thankfully Hyerin appeared just in time. They didn't do anything to me." He explained. I nodded, feeling slightly relieved but also a little useless because I can't help much...

"Hey. There's really nothing going on between us. Really. We're just good friends." He explained before my thoughts ran wild. I know I should stop thinking like this but I just have this weird feeling about it...

"It's getting late, how about I get you home? I'll stay with you tonight." I agreed and we headed out.

 

 

Daehyun's POV

"Hey you." I called Young as I was making my way out of the gang's hideout.

"Hi! I was just about to call you!" She replied.

"Our chemistry is strong huh." I commented. 

"Maybe. So why did you call me?" She asked. I tried to show Young more affection but she doesn't really seem to respond like the past...

"For fun." I said. I was just thinking of her.

"For fun?" She asked.

"Yeah. Why? Can't I call for fun?" I asked.

"No no. Of course you can!" She replied. I smiled.

"So why were you about to call me?" I asked.

"Oh! Right! Are you free tonight? Do you want to come over? I'm cooking!" She exclaimed.

"You? Cooking? I'll definitely be there." I said.

"Really? Not afraid that I would poison you?" She said.

"You wouldn't bare to." I replied.

"We'll see about that!" She played along. Just then, I stopped my tracks. What the hell was he doing in boss's room? They know each other?!

"Young, I need to go. I'll see you later." I told her.

"See you. Be safe." She said and hung up.

That bastard then walked out of boss's room. Wasn't he convicted?

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUNG?!" I asked as I charged towards him.

"It's you. Which incident?" He had the nerve to ask?

"Young couldn't sleep because of you!" I grabbed his collar.

"Oh that. Why? She didn't tell you? Are you sure you want to know? I can describe the details." He smirked. 

"You beast!" I shouted as I landed a punch on his face after hearing whatever he did to her. We started attacking each other. After the previous fight, I trained more frequently. Everytime he attacked, I fought back even harder if I could. I couldn't lose to this  again.

Then, the gang separated us to stop us from fighting. We both had gotten bruises but this time, I didn't lose.

"Who the hell are you? What are you doing here?" Hyerin asked.

"You don't know me? Ask your boss." He smiled and shook the hands off him and walked out.

"What happened?" Hyerin asked me.

"Nothing. I just hate the sight of him." I said.

"We need to get those treated." She said.

"Don't worry. I'm fine. I got to go. See ya. Thank you." I said. I guessed they stopped the fight at the right time. We would probably suffered more if it wasn't stopped anytime soon and then I would have to answer to Young.

The moment I stepped out of the door, I took out my phone. Thankfully it was still recording. I now have proof of what he did to Young. That bastard. Thinking of what he did to Young made me wish I could have done more than just punching him. He molested her. He touched her at places that she would feel extremely uncomfortable. No wonder she developed the fear. I should have been more understanding towards Young and not have pushed her too hard. What he said was really disgusting. I really hope the police do something to him.

 

I rang the dooor bell when I reached Young's place. Her mom answered the door.

"Oh my! Daehyun! What happened? Come in!" Her mom said worriedly. Oh right, I haven't dress my bruises.

"Hello Auntie, I'm alright. Can I see Young?" I asked.

"Sure. She's in the kitchen. I'll get the first aid kit." She said and I know she wouldn't take no for an answer. I thanked her.

"Hey." I said as I approached Young.

"Hey! You're early! I'm not done- Oh my! What happened?!" Young asked as she held up the knife probably subconsciously. 

"Woah, careful!" I took the knife from her and put it down. 

"You sound exactly like your mom." I smiled. She frowned and pulled me out of the kitchen and made me sit on the couch.

"Here. You know what to do?" Her mom asked Young as she passed the first aid kit to her. Young nodded. I wanted to laugh. Lie. She doesn't know what to do.

"What happened to your face? You promised to take care of yourself." She spoke softly as she cleaned my wounds as I pointed which medication to use. My heart feels warm when they do things like this, feeling worried and taking care of me.

"This is nothing." I replied. She then applied pressure, making me yell a little.

"Ya right." She rolled her eyes.

"The other party had it worse." I said.

"Am I supposed to congratulate you?" She asked. Since when was she this sarcastic?

"I want to hug you." I said and without waiting for her reply, I crashed my body against hers as I wrapped my arms around her. I'm sorry you had to go through whatever he had done to you, Young.

"Daehyun? What's wrong?" She asked, confused. I felt her gradually relaxing her body. She still hasn't got used to sudden skinship.

"Please, let's just stay like this for a little longer." I am partially to blame too. She wrapped her arms around me too, giving me comforting pats on my back, thinking I was the one who needed comfort.

"Young..." I said close to her ears, still hugging her.

"Hmmm?" She hummed.

"I... found out what happened..." I told her.

"What are talking about?" She asked.

"I found out what he did to you... I'm sorry." I revealed.

She didn't move as though processing the information. A few moments later, she gently broke away from the hug.

"Are you disgusted?" She muttered, clenching her fists.

"Of what he did to you? Yes, very. But not you. It's not your fault..." I pulled her towards me, her hair softly. 

"We'll make sure he goes to jail. I have evidence. You don't have to worry anymore." I told her.

"Really? You have proof? How?" She asked, sounding like she was holding back her tears.

"I have my ways. Let me handle it, I don't want you to worry about this anymore." I said.

"Did you get beaten up because of this?" She asked.

"Hey, I didn't get beaten up. I didn't lose." I told her, pinching her cheek lightly.

"I'm sorry... I should have spared a thought for your feelings. I shouldn't have rushed you to face your phobia. It must have been really difficult for you." I felt so guilty. 

"I had to face it sooner or later anyway. I want to overcome it too." She replied. 

"I pro​​​​​mise I'll be with you. We'll tackle it together alright." I want you to rely on me. She nodded, smiling slightly. 

"Are you hurt anywhere else?" She asked after dressing whatever wounds that were visible to her. 

"My hurts." I replied.

"Bye." She said as she got up. I laughed and followed her to the kitchen.

"Help me bring these out." She said as she handed me plates of uncooked meat.

"You want to feed me raw meat?!" I gasped.

"Yes. You teased me." Served me right, right?

"Where are we going?" I asked. She didn't reply but headed out of her house with all the meat.

"Wow. So much effort?" I asked when we reached her backyard. There was a mini barbeque pit set up.

"Help me start the fire please." She smiled sweetly, a 180 degree change in attitude. This girl.

"I thought you said you would cook for me today?" I asked but was already preparing the charcoal.

"Barbeque is still cooking. I just don't know how to start the fire." She made a  pouty face as she sat and wait for me to start.

"Why the sudden mood for barbeque?" I asked as I started working.

"I just felt like it." She said. We then did our own thing.

"Daehyun." She called me and I turned to look at her.

"Thank you." She said sincerely. I walked towards her.

"You're welcome." I smiled and pinched her cheeks.

"JUNG DAEHYUN!!!" She yelled when she realised her face was stained with charcoal. I laughed. Gosh, I love her.

 

 

Updating because DAEHYUN COMEBACK :)