Talking Out

Will Our Love Change?

Daehyun’s POV

 

“You want us to go our separate ways right?” Did I hear her correctly? Are we breaking up?! If a break up is what she wants, I’ll fulfill her wish...

 

“Do you?” I asked. She looked like she was debating with herself which made me further doubt her answer.

 

“No… But I figured I shouldn’t force you. I’m sorry.” She looked down. She seemed really guilty. What is she guilty for?

 

“I said it before, no one can force me to do anything.” I replied.

 

“I know… That’s why…” She mumbled.

 

“But I… I had fun yesterday.” I smiled a little.

 

“Really? I thought you didn’t like it.” She gave me a shy smile.

 

“I thought you didn’t like it.” I said.

 

“No! I enjoyed myself too.” She said shyly. How can she be this adorable?

 

“I thought you didn’t like me or was sick or something. You were quieter than usual. Oh right. I got you this. You know, something that might make you feel better. But you don’t need to drink if you don’t like it. You didn’t seem well yesterday so I thought maybe um.. yeah.” I continued as I handed her the bottle of honey lemon that I got on the way to school. Wait, am I blabbering now?! What the hell did I just say?

 

“I’ll drink it!!” She said quickly as though I would take the drink back. Cute.

 

“I didn’t talk much because I didn’t want you to find me annoying. You didn’t seem to like me talking much…” She muttered. Oh… Good job Daehyun, thanks to you, she was feeling bad and even tried to refrain herself from talking.

 

“I… Just be yourself.” I replied. She smiled.

 

“So what was it that you want to tell me?” She asked.

 

“Oh.. I just wanted to pass you the drink.” I rubbed the back of my neck.

 

“That’s it? I thought you wanted to… nevermind.” She said. I knew what she was getting to. She thought I would breakup with her.

 

“Yeah.. We’ll eat together later right?” I asked. She smiled and nodded.

 

“You head back to class first.” I added.

 

“Oh. Right. Okay.” She replied and walked away.

 

“Young…” I called her. It was my first time calling her that. It actually felt kinda nice calling her like that. I might get used to this.

 

“Huh?” She sounded dazed.

 

“I’m sorry.” I apologized. I felt like I’m not good enough for her.

 

“Why are you sorry for?” She walked towards me again.

 

“Erm… For not being good enough I guess. It’s my first time and there are a lot of things I’m not sure of. I’m sorry in advance if I hurt your feelings unknowingly.” I didn’t know why I felt the need to let her know. She deserves so much more…

 

“Don’t need for apologies! Wanna know something? It’s my first time too. I should apologize for rushing and making you feel uncomfortable.” She said. I’m her first?! Well, it’s kind of out of my comfort zone but I can’t say I hate it.

 

“So.. See you back in class?” I finally said because I didn’t know what else to say. I’m not used to sincere talks from a girl.

 

“Okay. I’ll see you!” She replied and headed off. Daehyun, you’re so uncool.



 

Eunyoung’s POV

 

Yup, I’m not dating a badass. How can a badass be this sweet? He asked me to follow him just to pass me a drink while me and my stupid mouth and thoughts had spoken so much rubbish. I was honestly touched when he handed me the drink. It was his first gift to me. I always thought girls need many things to be happy and satisfied in a relationship but apparently I couldn’t be more wrong. It’s really those little gestures that show me his feelings. I’m happy that he wanted to continue this relationship with me. It’s not about the price of the gift, it’s the thought that counts. I finally understood the meaning of this phrase. He was concerned about my wellbeing.

 

Then, the way he said my name made me feel butterflies in my stomach. It sounded really nice and had this warm feeling when he called me. Am I overthinking? I extremely like that feeling and the way he called me ‘Young’.

 

But after that short clarification, I could somehow feel how insecure this boy was. Why can’t he see the goodness in himself? Why does he always remind me that he’s not nice? Why does he keep putting himself down? I’ve got a feeling he’s hiding something from me but I know my place, I wouldn’t ask until he’s ready to tell me.Till then, as much as I want to know, I would just have to wait.


 

“Do you want to go for a drink? My treat.” I asked Daehyun after we ended our last class. It’ll be my way of showing appreciation.

 

“Yeah why not?” He replied. YES!!

 

We went to a cafe which serves really delicious waffles and green teas. The journey to the cafe wasn’t as awkward as yesterday. I believe soon, the awkwardness will fade.

 

“Can I ask you something?” Daehyun asked while we were eating. He seemed like he hesitated before asking.

 

“Yea?” I replied.

 

“Of all people, why me? You’re rich and you have everything you need and you definitely have suitors better than me.” He asked as he absentmindedly stirred his drink. Is he still bothered about our different backgrounds?

 

“I... I’m not sure. It’s just the feeling I guess. Does it really bother you? Don’t tell me you’re after my money?” I joked.

 

“No! I’m really not that kind of person!” He shook his arms frantically.

 

“Chill. I know. If not I wouldn’t have gone out with you right?” I stopped his hands from waving but I regretted my action when he pulled away. It’s okay Eunyoung, he was probably shocked and wasn’t ready for any form of skinship. I tried really hard to convince myself. Why do I feel dirty all of a sudden?

 

“So erm… What does your family do?” He asked, trying to lighten the tension.

 

“My dad works in a restaurant. My mom stays home and take care of us. My brother is a bum and a bully.” I joked a little.

 

“That’s nice... You sound like you have a family you're proud of.” He replied. Proud of? Who wouldn't be proud of their family?

 

“How about yours?” I smiled and asked, wanting to know more about him.

 

“Um… My dad used to work in a restaurant too. I have a really close friend who I see him as my Hyung. He’s the best.” He said briefly. I could somehow feel the reluctance when he was talking about his family, Like he didn’t want to bring them up. Did something happen? So many questions...

 

 

 

We chatted a little bit more before we headed home. It was mostly him asking me questions. Whenever I got too personal, not on purpose becauase I could sense his uneasiness when he replies, he would either divert my attention to another topic or drank his drink.

 

 

Again, I went home alone… But I shouldn't expect anything right? Sigh...

 

 

#4thyearwithBAP :)