Coming to Terms

Will Our Love Change?

Daehyun’s POV

I stood outside the car with Himchan Hyung to make sure Young really enters her home. When her door finally opens, her mom hugged her. 

“Daehyun, thank me later.” Hyung said to me. Huh? 

“Bye Young! Don’t need to thank us! Have a good night rest!” Before I could do anything, he shouted his lungs out at almost 4am without caring if he was disturbing the neighbours. 

“What are you doing?” I asked. Her mom was talking to her now.

“You see, they’re walking over. My plan worked! Quick thank me.” Hyung said smugly. 

“What do I do? I haven’t seen her mom for quite some time. It’s gonna be so awkward!” I  thought aloud. 

“Just be yourself!” Hyung said. 

“Hello Auntie.” The both of us greeted her. Young wasn’t looking too happy. 

“Hello Daehyun and your friend is?” She greeted us. 

“I’m Himchan!” Hyung gave her an angelic smile. 

“Thank you both for helping me find Eunyoung even though you didn’t need to. I know it’s really late but do you want to come in? I’ll make something for you both as a way of thanking you both for helping me.” Her mom said. What? Food? At 4am? Come to think of it, I'm hungry after all the drama but I don't want to trouble her mom.

"Oh we don't wish to trouble you Auntie." Hyung said. I don't think he meant it.

"Mommy it's okay they're tired too." Young added.

"It's no trouble. Come in." Her mom smiled. We thanked her and walked towards her house.

"Please don't say anything. Let me do the talking okay?" Young mumbled softly so that her mom won't hear us.

"What? I can't hear you." I pretended.

"Daehyun!"  Young stomped her foot. Her mom looked back giving us a look. I just smiled innocently like nothing happened. Oh how I miss teasing her.

When we entered her house, her dad and Baekhyun were sitting on the couch.

"Hello Uncle." We greeted. He nodded.

"Darling we'll talk tomorrow alright? I'm just glad you're safe now." Her dad said to Young when she walked over to him looking apologetic.

"Sorry for not informing and worrying all of you." Young apologized.

"Silly girl." Her dad smiled, probably didn't want her to feel guilty.

"Oh, Jaehyun went back home after knowing you were found. Maybe you can call him tomorrow." He added.

"Yeah... Okay." She said. He then said goodnight and went up. If only he knew that jerk was the reason of everything that happened today.

Her mom went to the kitchen and prepared ramyeon for us.

"Youngie where are you going? Don't leave them sitting alone." Her mom said when she was heading for her room. 

Young came down and sat at the other end of the couch. Is she really not happy about us being here? Maybe coming in was a mistake but I don't want to leave now.

"Young give me your phone." I said.

"Why?" She asked.

"Break up with him." I said.

"No. I'll settle it myself." She replied.

"WIll you? You want to still be with him after what he has done?" I questioned her. 

"Young, just pass Daehyun your phone. Let him take care of it. Daehyun doesn't want you to get hurt. Unless you still want to be with him after all he did to you." Hyung helped me.

"Young please, you can end it." I persuaded her.

"It's not so simple okay!" She raised her voice, feeling annoyed as she stood up and went to help her mom.

When the food was ready, we all gathered around the dining table. We thanked her for the food and started eating.

"I'm sorry it's just ramyeon but its the fastest thing I could cook. I'll treat the both of you with better food next time." Her mom smiled. She probably thinks ramyeon doesn't do justice to our efforts in finding Young nor was she only worth just ramyeon but we were hungry, even if she gave us snacks we would already be happy. 

"Daehyun, how did you find her?" Her mom asked me. I took a glance at Young and she was busy eating her noodles as well. She didn't give me any look that told me to keep my mouth shut so I assumed she was okay with me telling.

"It was luck I guess. I remembered her saying she liked that cafe so I decided to just try. I didn't think she would be walking aimlessly alone." I explained.

"Thank you Daehyun and you too Himchan." Her mom thanked us again. I know she was really thankful because of their past and she really loved her children, something I would have never be able to exprience. She would never want Young to be hurt which is why I did what Young didn't want me to do.

"Auntie, Jaehyun is not a good guy. He-" I had to even if Young will hate me even more after this. 

"Daehyun stop!" Young shouted, interrupting me.

"Youngie, let him finish." Her mom sided us. Young was pouting.

"Why do you say so?" She asked. It's now or never. If she had passed me her phone, I probably wouldn't tell. I'm only telling because I believe her mom will be able to do something about it.

"He abused her." I told her. I don't know if it was considered abusing but better blow it up than covering what that did to her.

"Youngie. Is what Daehyun said true?" Her mom asked. I could tell she was trying to get it out of Young without flaring up.  Young's mom is generally a nice and calm person. Seeing her trying to control herself from shouting at her just makes me have so much more respect for her.

"No. He's making things up." Young defended that .

"Young! You told me he hit you!" Why was she still helping him?!

"Youngie. It's okay you know? You can tell me anything.It's okay. I'm here. No one can hurt you. Jaehyun is not here. Can you please tell me the truth? Did he hit you?" Her mom comforted her. Young's tears were dripping into her bowl. I'm sorry for making you cry again. I want to hold her like how her mom is holding her but it's not my place...

"I did something he didn't like... It's my fault as well..." She sobbed, finally she didn't deny. Is that what he conditioned her to thinking?! Because it's her fault that he hits her?!

"He still shouldn't lay a finger on you regardless of whatever you did that made him unhappy. It's just not right. Please don't see him again. I don't want him near you and I don't want you to be hurt. You deserve someone better than him. I'll report him." Her mom said. Young sobbed but finally nodded and hugged her mom.

 "Thank you for the meal Auntie. It's really late. We don't want to disturb you and Eunyoung any further. We'll make a move first." Hyung said.

"I'll walk you both out." Her mom said. 

"Thank you for finding her and telling me about Jaehyun. I knew something was wrong about him. I'm worried about Youngie. I know the both of you are no longer together but I trust you more than him. Can you keep an eye on her for me when she's out? In return, you're always welcome to join us for meals anytime. Himchan, you too." She spoke to us softly, not wanting to alert Young. Oh, so that was why she wanted to walk us out.

"Don't worry Auntie. I'll try my best." I said. 

"Thank you Auntie! He can't be happier!" Hyung told her. Why is Hyung always like this! Her mom smiled.

"Drive safe." She said as we said our goodbyes.

 

 

"You know it's your fault all these happened right?" Hyung said without sugar coating his words while we're on our way back.

"Hyung..." I felt like a kid getting scolded. Of course I know...

"If you didn't leave her, this wouldn't happen. It's not even because you don't like her. I still don't understand why can't you see yourself in a different light."

"I thought she would able to find someone better, not someone like him." I said.

"Do something to make up to her." He said.

"What can I do? I screwed up so badly." I mumbled, feeling guilty and I hated that it's all because of me.

"Simple. Get her back." Hyung stated like it was nothing. 

"After everything I did, I honestly don't think it's that simple. I feel even more underserving of her... She must probably hate me." I said.

"You're the one that is making everything complicated when everything looks so straightforward to me. Do you love her?" He asked. I thought about what he said. I know I liked her but then thinking back about whatever I was feeling after all that has happened, I realised.

"I love her. I love her a lot..." I ended saying out loud. Hyung was smiling. It was my first time openly admitting that I really love her. I don't think I would notice or remember the little details about her, how happy I feel when I'm with her, how I treasured those little moments we have, how I'm willing to protect her with my life if I didn't love her. I don't think I felt like this with any other girl.

"Then it wouldn't be too difficult to get her back." He said.

"Hyung, it's not even about whether I love her or not. It's about her..." I said.

"I don't think that would be too big of a problem. From what I observe, I don't think she hates you. If she did, nothing you say could make her spill the beans. Besides, you've indirectly gotten approval from her mom so that should mean something. It's like your ticket to start hanging out with her again." He said.

"But-" I got cut off by him.

"Stop your deserving or not deserving . It's getting boring. Love isn't like that." He chided.

"Just try asking her out again, no harm trying. You've already done enough damage. Don't you think it's time to rectify them? You are also helping her mom to keep a lookout for her. It's a win win. Besides, don't you want her back? Answer me honestly." He continued. I nodded.

"Good. I believe her mom is giving you a second chance. You can work slowly from there. After what she had gone through, I think working slowly is best." He said. Hyung really is a brotherly figure to me. At least I'm glad that this part of my life is not that screwed up.

After all that has happened, I'm finding my way back to her, if that is she will even take me back. I still don't think I am good enough for her and I don't think I will ever be but with Hyung's and hopefully her mom's encouragement, I want to make up to her. I want to love her and I want her to be loved.

 

I guess Daehyun just needed that push :) and I'm on a roll because dae x young moments!