Don't Scare Me

Will Our Love Change?

Daehyun’s POV

I was on the verge of giving up. I could feel my blood dripping and perspiration dripping down my face.. The whole scene must have looked really disgusting. Must it really end like this? I didn’t even kiss Young goodbye… 

I kinda hated skinship in the past but I think I will miss her skinship the most… She is the only one that made my life worth holding on. If I have to just go like that, I rather leave by protecting her...

“You filthy liar!” I suddenly felt my mother’s force weaken. What? I suddenly panicked. Did she find out about Young? How could it be possible?! I heard nothing!

She dropped the knife and it landed inches away from my toes.

“You said you have no cash! You wasted my bloody time.” She said as she roughly pushed me away and I knocked against the wall and then landed on the floor. I was confused.

“Next time when I ask for cash, don’t you dare waste my time!” She bent down and picked up some notes. There were at least 200 thousand won! When did it appear there? It was just in front of the door. Was it Young?

“I want this place clean when I’m back.” She pushed my head and I knocked against the wall and just left. 

When i was certain she left, I struggled to get up before opening my room door.

“Daehyun! Oh my gosh. Don’t ever scare me like this again!” Young rushed towards me and enveloped me into a hug, crying like a broken dam. I never thought hugs, warmth and comfort could feel this good. I didn’t want to pull away from her. No wonder she loves skinship so much.

“Are you okay? I don’t mean that. Of course you’re not. Are you badly hurt? YOU’RE BLEEDING! THE CUT IS SO DEEP! DON’T YOU FEEL ANY PAIN?! It must be really painful right? Where’s the first aid kit? I’m so sorry. I didn’t know things will turn out like that. You have every right to blame me and scold me. I’ll take everything. I won’t even argue back. Oh my gosh. I’m just so glad you’re here. I was so scared. I’m so sorry. I’m really sorry. I should have listened to you. You got hurt because of my stubbornness. I know sorry means nothing but I don’t know what else to say. I put your life in danger. I’m so stupid. I’m such a horrible - “ She blabbered like crazy while sniffling and crying. How can she still be this cute even in this situation? Her concern for me is really on a whole new level or maybe she was really guilty...

“I said don’t insult what’s mine. Don’t cry already. You're such a baby.” I cupped her face and wiped her tears away, teasing her to lighten up the mood. I didn't think it worked.

“I’m sorry. Sorry.” She looked down guiltily, quickly wiping her tears away.


“Were you the one who slid the cash under the door? I don't rememver seeing it on the floor earlier. ” I asked.She didn’t answer but looked away. 

“Hmmm?” I asked again, tilting her face towards me.

“I didn’t know what else to do. I heard she needed cash. I just gave her whatever I have. Are you mad? I won’t do it again. I know it’s wrong to support whatever she was gonna get but I really didn’t know what else to do. I’m sorry.” She replied.

“Thank you.” I cupped her face and kissed her lips while she looked at me in shock. I guessed she must have mistaken me or my tone.

“You’re not mad at me?” She asked.

“No. You saved me.” I replied. She let out a relieved sigh.

“First aid kit!” She remembered.

“It’s fine. Let’s just quickly get out of here.” I said.

“But your hand!” She accidentally pulled my hand to prevent me from standing up which was quite painful. I let out a yell.

“OH SORRY!!” She apologized. Is she really this clumsy? Or maybe she was just really worried.

“Let’s just go okay?” I said as I took the luggage.

“I’ll take it! I’ll take everything. Don’t move your arm please.” She said and grabbed the handle but how could I leave everything to her?

“I said no. This thing has wheels! I’m not even carrying it!” She lightly slapped my hand away when I wanted to take the luggage from her. I ended holding her free hand instead.

“Are you sure you don’t need to treat that first? It looks really deep.” She looked at me worriedly.

“It’s alright. It’s not the first time anyway. Let’s just leave here please.” I mumbled.

“WHAT?! NOT THE FIRST TIME? How often has she threatened you with knifes?” She got a shock. Maybe I shouldn’t have said that. We finally left and we took a cab.

“Not that many. Just a few.” I said.

“I know this may sound mean but have you ever thought of reporting them?” She asked timidly.

“To be honest, yes but after everything, they’re still my parents and somehow there’s a small hope in me that they will see me as theirs though I know it would probably be my wishful thinking.” I told her. She didn’t say anything but hugged my arm and rested on my shoulders.

When we reached her place, Young headed in with the luggage while I stood outside her door. How would her parents react seeing me beaten up like that? Aish. I should have thought about it before.

“What are you waiting for? Your arm needs attention!” She pulled me in but I stopped her.

“Your parents will see me in this state. I don’t want to scare them. How about you take the kit out and I’ll wait for you here?” I replied.

“What nonsense. Just come in. They won’t judge you or anything. Trust me!” She said as she pulled me in without waiting for my reply.

“Oh my, Daehyun! Sit down!” Her mom saw my arm. I bowed and greeted her.

“Youngie, bring the kit please.” Her mom said as she examined my arm.

“It’s fine auntie, I’ll take care of it.” I said not wanting to trouble her.

“I’ve used to do such things before. It’s no trouble. Don’t worry. You won’t even be able to dress the wound. Besides, you can’t even rely on that girl to help you.” Her mom said but lowering her volume at the last sentence. I almost laughed.

“It looks really bad… Is everything okay?” Her mom asked as she started working her magic on my arm. I nodded. Young took a seat beside me. Her reaction was amusing to watch. She reacted like she was the one who got hurt instead.

“There. All done. Please be careful with your arm. Don’t do anything strenuous.” Her mom told me and I nodded, thanking her.

“You don’t need to keep bowing Daehyun. Go and get some rest. Youngie, don’t disturb him.” Her mom said. Young pouted but helped me up and headed to my new room like my leg got injured instead of my arm. This girl.

“Take a nap or something. I’ll wake you up for dinner.” Wow, she really listens well to her mom.

“Aren’t you going back to your room?” I asked when she took a seat at the foot of the bed.

“I’m staying here. Mommy said not to disturb you. I’m not disturbing you. I’m just watching you sleep.” She smiled.

“How am I going to sleep when you’re staring at me like that? Go back to your room and rest too.” I replied. She pouted again. She needs to stop doing that because it’ll make it very easy for me to go soft on her.

“Come on, be good. I’ll see you for dinner. I’m not going anywhere.” I teased.

“Alright fine… Let me know if you need anything. I’ll bring it to you.” She said, not moving from the bed.

“Okay. I need you to do something for me.” I said. She looked at me, looking like she was expecting some request.

“ off the bed and go to your room and rest!” I added. She frowned at me and reluctantly got off my bed.

“Good girl. Good night.” I said. She replied and left. 

I know today’s happenings will probably leave some mark on her but I hope she will not blame herself for whatever that has happened.


Eunyoung’s POV

Even though I didn’t see what was going on, I could hear very well. How was he able to tolerate all these for so long? I always thought I would know how he feel but all these can’t even compare to what I thought he was going through. It was like ten times worse! I guess I will never be able to understand him… I always say I want to shower him with more love but what have I done for him? Nothing much. I don’t even think I can make up for whatever his parents did to him but at least I know now. I can’t just keep making empty promises to myself. I really need to give him all he needs slowly, step by step.

When we reached home, I was surprised at Mommy’s reaction to his cut. Why didn’t she suggest the hospital instead? I didn’t want to say anything because I didn’t know what to do anyway. But the cut was so deep!

When Mommy was done with dressing the cut, we headed to Daehyun’s room.

Oh my gosh Eunyoung, it’s been less than a few hours and you’re already so clingy to him. It’s not like he’ll go anywhere. I Guess I just feeling guilty for whatever I did...

I think Mommy is an angel. I have the best mom in the world! Mommy managed to convince Daddy to allow Daehyun to move in with us but Mommy told me Daddy wasn’t really in favour of our decision. I hope Daddy doesn’t scare Daehyun during dinner...

 

 

"Youngie, wake up.” I heard Mommy’s voice.

“Five more minutes. I don’t want to go to school…” I mumbled.

“What school? It’s dinner time. Hurry. You don’t want Baekie or Daddy to steal your portion right?” Mommy said. Hearing that, I quickly sat up. Mommy laughed.

“Go and wake your boyfriend up and join us on the table.” Mommy said.

"Hee.. Boyfriend." I laughed to myself.

“Don’t lie back down!” She pointed at me. She really knows me so well. I made a face and got up.

I washed up before heading towards Daehyun’s room. I almost barged in but then I remembered not everyone is like Oppa. I didn’t want to scare him too. I ended up knocking on the door.

“Youngie! What’s taking you so long?” Daddy asked.

“She’s getting Daehyun.” I heard Mommy reply.

“Hurry up!” He shouted. Is it me or he did not sound happy after hearing Mommy’s reply?

“Coming!” I replied as I entered his room softly.

“Daehyun… Come out and eat.” I shook him lightly. His eyes shot wide open, giving me a little scare.

“Let’s go.” I held his hand, remembering to not exert too much strength. Daehyun obediently followed me.

“Woah! You’re perspiring! Are you in pain?” I panicked when I saw his face filled with beads of perspiration.

“I’m fine. Don’t worry.” He ruffled my hair and then wiped the perspiration off his face.

“Are you sure? You don’t have to hide anything from me you know?” I was worried.

“I just had a nightmare. Nothing much. I’m really fine.” He smiled. Nightmare? Already?

“YOUNGIE!” I heard Daddy shout again.

“COMING!” I replied loud enough for him to hear. Why is Daddy so impatient today?

“What nightmare?” I asked while walking towards the dining table.

“Let’s go before your dad gets angry.” He replied and dragged me along.

“Hello Uncle, hello Baekhyun.” he bowed slightly as he took a seat beside me. Somehow the feeling now as compared to the Christmas dinner seemed different.

“Great, all is here, let’s eat.” Mommy said. I was afraid Daehyun would be shy so I scooped the dishes onto his plate for him. He smiled and thanked me. I smiled back.

“First things first. I’m not exactly for the idea of you staying here because you guys have only been together for a short while BUT I understand your family situation and I know my wife would definitely help you. I have some rules for you to follow.” Daddy said. Must he be this direct? It didn’t sound very nice…

“Daddy since when we have rules?” I asked.

“Youngie don’t interrupt me.” Daddy replied sternly. I kept quiet.

“I understand Uncle. I will do my part and will also pay rent.” Daehyun replied. I looked at Mommy but Mommy didn’t say anything. Was there nothing Mommy could do? Pay rent?! 

“I don’t need you to pay rent but you have to settle your personal stuff. My wife is not your maid. Please do your own housekeeping.” Daddy said.

“Yes Uncle. Don’t worry. I will take care of it. Thank you for allowing me to stay here.” Daehyun replied. I hate how the atmosphere suddenly became so tensed and formal. 

“I know you have your own life but let my wife or Youngie know if you’re not coming home early or whatsoever. I don’t want them to get unnecessarily worried. One more thing, the both of you can’t be in each other’s rooms after 11pm. I don’t want any funny business.” Daddy said. Daddy is surprisingly strict today. After 11pm?! Means we can’t watch movies or just talk?

“I understand Uncle.” Daehyun replied. Why does he agree to everything even though it sounds weird? It wasn’t like he didn’t sleepover before.

“Good. Apart from that, you can use anything, eat anything in this house.” Daddy said. Now I’m the grumpy one. Must Daddy be so harsh on Daehyun?

Once I was done eating, I excused myself and headed to my room. I didn't even eat much because I lost my appetite. Stupid house rules. 

 

I hope you guys are still enjoying this! :)