Goodbye

Oppa?!

Minji's POV

I packed the last of my clothes and was in the middle of tapping the box when the door bell rang. I looked at the screen and saw Siwon Oppa standing there. I placed my finger on the button to open the door but stopped myself. He had to believe I was leaving Korea. He had to forget about me.

 I turned around and walked back to the boxes that were in the room. Just as I was lifting a box to place along side the others I hear the lock turn. I silently sighed because I forgot about the extra key that was hidden. 

"Minji!" Siwon said when he came in.

I kept my back towards him pretending to be busy. He came from behind and hugged me tight. "I'm so sorry Minji. I didn't know I was going to say that and I didn't mean to get drunk. I...I...I'm sorry. Please don't leave," he said hugging me tighter.

I could feel his tears on my shoulder and willed myself not to cry but of course I couldn't stop the tears from falling. 

"Oppa, I have to go. If not for your sake at least for mine," it hurt me that I was lying to him. I wasn't going back to Canada instead I was just moving to Jeju where I had received a last minute job offer. 

"Min, please don't leave. I was thinking about how to propose to you all week and I guess when I got drunk it came out but really I wasn't intending to say it that way," he said. 

He wanted to propose to me? "No Minji!"  I scolded myself, "You have to stay strong." I pulled his arms away from me and moved away from him. "Sorry Oppa I have decided to go back. I never really felt I fit in here the first place. The language change, the sights, my friends I left back there. I'm going to miss you all too but I have to leave. Canada is my home.   Even if you didn't do what you did yesterday night I still would have left. Your acts had nothing to do with making my decision."

"Then why didn't you tell me earlier you were leaving?" he said with his voice starting to raise, "Were you just gonna drop by before you left and then say 'Oh yah I forgot to tell you I am leaving today' did you expect me to just nod and say bye!" he was yelling this time. 

My stupid tears wouldn't stop flowing. Donghae Oppa and I had joked before that we were both overly emotional because we were both born in October.

"Oppa just leave," I said supporting myself on the wall behind me.

 "Fine I'll leave. After this." He crushed me against the wall and kissed me hard. I was surprised at first but my emotions got the better of me. I could feel his tears also flowing down. I wrapped my hands tight around him knowing this was going to be the last time I would be seeing him in a while. I wish he could read my mind and know that I wasn't really leaving. I was only going to be a flight away. I unwrapped my arms from around him but Oppa wasn't letting go. 

"Oppa please," i said in almost a whisper. He let me go and kissed me on my forehead and left the apartment.

After he left I sank to the floor and cried and cried. I hated being alone when I was like this so I called my friend that would be leaving with me. Sehyun Oppa.  I had finally told him that I was Super Junior's Kangin's sister. He was shocked at first but didn't make a big deal out of it thankfully. I called him and he came over. From his facial expression I knew that he knew I had been crying but said nothing an helped me pack the last of my boxes and then took me out for dinner. 

"Minji everything is going to be ok. maybe not soon but eventually," he said.