New Friend?

Oppa?!

Minji's POV

After breakfast we decided to go to the pool. I had changed into shorts and a t-shirt and was already at the pool reading a book. I had never gone for swimming classes and I never wanted to either. I was almost absorbed into the book when a shadow was cast over it.

 

Stranger’s POV

“I dare you to go ask that girl out. The one over there, the one in the pink top and white skirt sitting on the lounge chair,” one guy said.

“Dude there is no point daring this guy, he can never get a girl!” another said.

“Hey, I can get my girl when I want. I just don’t go chasing all the girls out there like you guys do,” the third guy said.

“Yah right man, I so believe you. Now let’s see. Go do it.”

“Fine fine”

I walked out of the pool and over to the girl that my friends had asked me to talk to. As I walked up to her she looked at me.

“Hi”

I was never good at talking with girls. Being in an all-boys school my whole life didn’t help either. Even at work I talked to the female co-workers only when necessary.

“Hi” she replied.

“Um, I…” great I sound like an idiot already.

“Is something wrong?” she asked me while sitting up.

“Um, no it’s just that….ok I am just going to tell you. My friends over there asked me to come and talk to you,” she quirked her eyebrow but didn’t say anything so I continued. “I never talk to girls unless I have to but they guys dared me to come talk to you…I mean it’s not like I can’t talk to girls but since I have been in an all-boys school my whole life I find it awkward to talk to girls…I…” I stopped when I saw her smiling.

She looked so cute and innocent.

“It’s fine I know what you mean. I was in an all-girls school for a while and I found it awkward to talk to guys too. As for your friends,” she looked over to my friends who were in the pool. I looked back and saw them winking at her. She shook her head and looked back at me. “I don’t know if they are up to good, as in they want to help you talk to girls, but I’m cool with it. I’m Minji, what’s your name?”

“I’m Sehyun”

“Nice to meet you Sehyun. So are you here just for fun with your friends or are you here with your family and you just met up with those guys?”

“No. I’m here with the guys for vacation. We all just graduated and we came here to celebrate.”

“That’s nice from where did you graduate? And what did you get your degree in?”

“I graduated from Seoul University and I studied to be a professor for Traditional Korean studies.”

“That’s so cool.  So that means like you teach about history and stuff. Like the past about Korea and what not?”

“Sort of. I also teach a bit of the classical music,” I was surprised I was able to talk to her so easily. With most girls I would have stopped talking right after we introduced ourselves.

“I would love to see that. I was always interested in Korean classical instruments but I never got the chance to try or study about them.”

“You can come over and I can show them to you,” this was definitely the first time I have talked to a girl so much and I was even telling her to come over to the university.

“Are you sure? I would love too.”

“Just give me your number and I will call you.”

She opened her bag and pulled out a piece of paper and a pen and scribbled some numbers down.  “Here this is mine, now tell me yours.”

I scribbled my number and gave it to her.

“Minji!” I followed her gaze and saw a guy wearing swimming trunks and sunglasses waving at her. I looked back at her and saw her smiling and waving back.

“Well, I have to go. I’ll call you back when we get to Seoul. Bye.”

I watch as she walked away. I felt a slap on my shoulder and turned to see my friends behind me.

“Dude, you not only talked to her you also got her number! How did you do it man?”

“No idea, no idea.”