Ask.

Paradise

*Sungjong POV*

Aish, decisions, decisions, decisions.

I tutted to myself as I scanned my wardrobe, displeased at the sparse amount of clothes I had. I mean, I only have three closet filled to the brim with clothes. No big deal.

I groaned. What am I gonna wear for Woohyun’s party?

I whipped out my handphone and dialed a number, waiting impatiently for the person to pick up.

“Hello?” A deep, husky voice sounded in my ear.

“Uh… Brice. Go shopping with me for the party!” I asked, trying to cool down my heated face.

“Huh? What party? You mean Woohyun’s party?”

“Uh duh.”

“Dude, that’s like, more than a week away.”

“So? It’s better to be prepared, right?” I stated, rolling my eyes.

“And don’t you have a whole damn closet full of clothes?”

“But nothing to wear for the party.” I finished off for him.

He sighed in defeat. “Arasso. You stay put, I’ll fetch you to the mall.”

I jumped up and squealed in delight.

“Yay thanks hyung!”

He just grunted in response and ended the call.

I let out a breath I had been unconsciously holding in.

Okay now comes the next problem.

What should I wear to go out with Brice?

I skipped happily alongside Brice, who looked half asleep, clinging onto his arms for dear life.

“Where should I go first?” I asked him excitedly, unaffected by his lack of enthusiasm.

“Uh, I don’t know. Up to you.”

I huffed. Coffee would do the trick.

After forcing two cups of coffee down his throat, he seemed much more awake and excited.

“YAY Let’s go now!!!” I squealed as I dragged him into the nearest shop I could find.

I skipped happily and piled heaps of clothes onto the arms of Brice, who was trailing behind me.

By the time I had reached the dressing rooms, satisfied with everything I had picked out, I turned back to look at him.

He was struggling to lift a huge stack of clothes, which nearly reached his eye level, blocking his line of vision.

I giggled as I helped him with the enormous pile.

“Remind me why I agreed to this again?” He grumbled.

“Because I’m awesome, dear.” I patted his face lovingly and went into the cubicle.

After about fifty pieces of clothing later, I finally picked a handful of my favourites, paid for them and left for the next shop.

Brice groaned, but obliged when I took his hand and dragged him to the next shop.

And just like that, a whole day slipped past my fingers.

I walked beside Brice in the brightly-lit open park in front of the mall, my heaps of shopping bags abandoned in the trunk of his car.

It was 8pm, the park was beautifully decorated with colourful lights, crowded with excited children and romantic couples.

I pouted a little at the tiny distance between us, wishing he would just hold me like the other couples roaming the park.

I sighed softly, fiddling with my frozen fingers.

Brice heard my sigh, and turned his head slightly to look at me, then at my fingers.

“Yah, where are your gloves?” He tried hard to sound like he didn’t care, but I can tell he did.

“Hmm, I left them in one of the shopping bags in the car.” I shrugged and looked down.

He let out a sigh of frustration. “How can you be so careless?”

I cringed a little at his unexpected harshness.

“S-sorry…” I really wasn’t in the mood for his coldness right now, no matter how much I like him, so I just accepted his words without a comeback.

He sighed impatiently once more.

“Aish, so frustrating. Come here.”

And with that, he grabbed both my hands and rubbed them furiously, deperate to create friction to warm them up. Then, he removed the glove of his right hand, and put it on my left hand.

And then, he grabbed my right hand, holding it tight, shoving it into his deep coat pocket.

I glanced at him curiously, while he avoided eye contact and continued walking.

I stared at his back for a while, wondering what was up with his strange behavior, but then slowly, a small smile creeped up my face as I followed him.

After a while of thoughtless walking, Brice suddenly stopped, causing me to bump into him.

I buried my face into my thick scarf, trying hard to hide my growing blush.

“Yah, are you hungry?”

I raised my eyebrows. “Uhm… no.”

Just at that moment, my stomach growled loudly.

Betrayal.

He raised an eyebrow and smirked. “Sure?”

I blushed faintly. “Okay fine, maybe a little.”

My stomach growled even louder.

“Okay fine. Maybe a lot.”

He grinned lopsidedly and dragged me to a nearby food stand and ordered a steaming bowl of ddukbokki.

Holding the small Styrofoam bowl, he led me to a quiet, yet not secluded bench in the park.

“Here.” He shoved the cup in front of me.

I looked down at my hands, which were still gripped tightly in his.

“Uhh…”

He followed my gaze and blushed.

“Aish. Ahh…” He brought a piece of ddukbokki to my mouth.

I blushed furiously as I accepted it, chewing on the hard and spicy rice cake.

After we had finished the whole bowl of food, we just sat there in silence, staring in awe at the beautiful park.

“Sungjong-ah…” Brice spoke, his voice surprisingly gentle.

“Y-yeah?”

“Can I ask you something?”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WOOHOO.

lalala cliffhanger~~

What will Brice ask? XD

Oh the story is gonna end soon, and I'm gonna be starting on a new one YAY:D Probably during the holidays~

JUST KEEP SUBBING OKAY<3