Drifted.

Paradise

*Dongwoo POV*

These days, Hoya has been really… distant? Yeah. Distant is the word. He’d always be spacing out, especially when I’m talking. Woohyun said it’s cause I always talk nonsense, but I don’t think that’s the case at all. My words are extremely wise.

He’s always been coming home late. His shift in the café ends at 7, but he reaches home at around 10. When usually he rushes home after work so we can spend time together. When I question him about his late arrival, he claims it’s because he goes for dinner with his colleagues. That’s never happened before. Come to think of it, he has never even mentioned his colleagues before, let alone eat with them.

Most of the time, he’s just really distracted. Like something’s on his mind. But when I ask him ever-so-sweetly, he just brushes my question off and deny being distracted. I may be a pabo but I’m not blind.

Honestly, I’m hurt. I don’t know what has happened to my Wonnie. Our last date was 2 weeks, 4 days and 6 hours ago. A very long time, if you ask me. He just seems to forget about my presence altogether. I may seem like I’m fine and as goofy as ever, but I’m not. i just pretend to be so that he won’t have to worry about me.

Not that he’d notice anyway.

I called L for advice. I mean, he might not have the greatest love advice but he’s still my best friend. He sounded distracted too, which leads me to suspect that he was texting Sungyeol while talking to me. He told me not to worry about it, and that Howon was probably just busy. And then he hung up on me.

I know, I know. I’m being selfish by expecting Howon to spend all his time on me, but then I have to keep reminding myself that he has his own friends that seek his time too.

He’s always attached to his phone nowadays. And he never lets me see his messages. When I try to be kind and read his messages for him, he just goes psycho on me like he did that day. It gets so frustrating sometimes. It’s like he doesn’t trust me.

I’m currently walking beside Howon, who is, as expected, glued to his phone. Again. I huffed loudly, blowing my bangs out of my eyes. Quickly, I peeked at him from the corner of my eyes. He didn’t even spare me a glance, or ask me what’s wrong. I pouted. Time for another test.

“Aigoo… my bag is so heavy…” I emphasized my point by massaging my shoulders harder than necessary.

All I received was a grunt from him in response. I puffed up my cheeks. At times like these, he would nag at me for bringing useless things in my bag. But in my defense it is always good to be prepared. Like you never know when you would get attacked, and need to throw a pink golfball at the attacker. Or when stay overnight somewhere and need a toothbrush. Or a packet of ramen if you somehow by a miracle become homeless. You never know.

And then I realized that we weren’t even holding hands.

My heart started to ache. Why has he changed so much? Usually he would be grasping onto my hand so tightly, nowhere close to letting go. My vision started to get blurry as tears filled my eyes. I bit my lips, trying to hold my tears back.

“Dongwoo-ah, I’ve got to meet a friendl. You go on home, I’ll see you tonight.” I perked up at his voice, but my shoulders deflated once I heard what he had to say.

Having no choice, I nodded my head unwillingly.

“Bye hone-“ I looked up to bid goodbye to him, only to realize that he had already left.

I sighed deeply, trudging my feet back to our house.

Was his friend that important that he missed out on alone time with me just to meet this friend of his?

Or maybe L was wrong, and this wasn’t a friend at all? What if this person was more than a friend?

As much as I hated doubting Howon, I couldn’t stop the wild thoughts from roaming my mind. So much has changed between us that I just can’t control myself from doubting him.

I slumped myself on the sofa, turning on the television.

I just stared at the screen blankly, not registering anything that was being shown on it. My thoughts were all on him. He means everything to me. I really don’t know what I’m going to do if something happens. Something like in those dramas.

As much as I know that the more I think of the worst, the worst will happen, I really can’t help it.

My stomach growled furiously. I stood up and brought myself to the kitchen and microwaved some baked rice for myself.

I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn’t even realize that the timer was up and resulted in the rice to be burnt.

But right now some burnt rice was the least of my worries.

I plopped myself down on the dining chair and chewed on my rice, my thoughts on Howon the whole time. I couldn’t even taste the charred rice.

I had just finished washing up when the front door clicked open and Howon entered.

I ran over to hug him, and was pleasantly surprised when he hugged me back. But I stiffened.

Was it just me or did I smell perfume on him?

I pulled out of his embrace and looked him up and down.

He looked perfectly normal. So why did he smell of perfume?

WOMEN’s perfume?

It’s not possible that my oh-so-manly Howon would go around sample women’s perfume, so it didn’t make sense.

“I’m gonna take a shower. I feel really sticky.”

I just nodded slightly, barely registering his words as I continued pondering on more reasons as to why he reeks of perfume.

And the last conclusion appeared in my head.

The most unwanted conclusion.

He was cheating on me.

With a freaking girl.

I snapped out of my daze as I heard that shower door slam close.

The only way to prove my suspicions once and for all was to check his handphone. Just to figure out who he was so busy texting all the time.

I grabbed his phone from the table and looked around cautiously before setting his phone on silent. The sound of the keys being pressed might be heard by him.

Just as I was going to enter his inbox folder, his phone vibrated in my hands. Thank god I set it on silent.

*1 new message from Lee Jungah*

Lee Jungah? Why would he be texting the mysterious female known as Lee Jungah?

I pressed the ‘view message’ button, and the phone crashed from my hands onto the floor once I read the message.

Aww, I love you too.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's it for this chapter, folks!

Hahaha I don't know if there's any actress called Lee Jungah or anything. It was really random:P

Hope you guys liked this update!

Oh yeah, how do you guys find the new poster in the foreword? Credits go to Infnt7Inspirit, who made this poster without me asking:)

I LOVE YOU!!!!!

I felt amazing because can you freaking imagine one of your favourite authors, love your story, and even made a poster for it??? :D

So do you guys think I should put the poster on every chapter or just on the foreword?

Pleaseeee answer, okay?

Ppyong<3