Party Time.

Paradise

 

*Sungyeol POV*

I checked myself in the mirror again. A loud horn startled me while I fluffed my hair even further.

Smiling to myself, I grabbed my coat and walked out of the door.

Before closing it, I stared into the dark, cold living room.

There was a feeling in the pit of my stomach. Something is going to happen. I can feel it.

Coat in hand, I braved the cold and jogged to L's car, which was stopped in front of my house.

"Hey. Loooking good." He greeted with a smirk, giving me a brief hug.

"I can say the same about you." I replied, checking him out. Damn, he was looking fine.

They sped down the snow-covered roads in comfortable silence, the radio blaring cheesy, overplayed christmas carols. I couldn't get rid of that nagging feeling deep in the pits of my stomach. Something is going to happen. Maybe the party is gonna have a special segment. I don't know.

To dissolve the silence, I cleared my throat, then started croaking along to the song in an over-exaggerated puberty voice.

L bursts into peals of delighted laughter, that makes me question, has an angel really descended?

A few exaggerated renditions of carols later, we arrived at Woohyun's parents’ place. As I stepped out of the car and put on my coat, I stared at the place in amazement. Is this really the same place I've been crashing at until Woohyun and Sungyu decided to move in together? Woah, they really did a great job cleaning it up.

The once ordinary looking house was now easily the brightest among the whole stretch of houses in the neighbourhood. Bright Christmas lights decorated the whole house, and the area surrounding the house was filled Christmas themed decors such as a straw reindeer and a few porcelain angels.

We strode towards the door, Christmas gift in hand. Just as I was about to press the doorbell, the door slammed open, revealing Woohyun in a Santa costume. “HOHOHO, MERRY CHRISTMAS!” As I looked behind him to check how many people had already arrived, I noticed there was something else behind him. I squinted, trying to make out what it was. It was red. It was a red dress. It was not amused.

“Pfft… PUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!” L and I burst out into simultaneous laughter, slapping each other on the backs from the amusement.

It was Sunggyu, dressed as Santarina, complete with red heels, looking completely unamused.

He glared at us through his tiny eyes. “Yah, shut up. I was forced to do it.” He then shot Woohyun a look. Which Woohyun obviously didn’t notice. “Ah yes, and this is my lovely wife, Sunggyu-rina.”

Sunggyu glared at him yet again and jabbed him in the ribs with his elbow. Woohyun let out a cry of pain. “Uh, she’s a little on the feisty side. Yes.”

Sunggyu rolled his eyes and kicked him in the shin. “Screw this, I’m going to change.” Woohyun’s eyes shot up towards him in panic. “Hey wait baby, come back! Don’t change out! I’m sorry for insulting your masculinity!” We giggled as he scrambled after Sunggyu.

We invited ourselves in and saw that the whole of Infinite was already there, along with a few of our classmates.

Dongwoo was rocking back and forth gleefully on a toy horse, falling on Hoya every five seconds, Sungjong was taking selcas in front of the grand Christmas tree, Yoseob was giggling and stuffing his face with chocolate while forcing candy canes into Doojoon’s mouth, Hyunseung was sitting in Junhyung’s lap, sharing a mug of steaming hot chocolate.

My heart warmed at the sight of all my friends.

L and I put the present under the Christmas tree, then went over to sit on a cozy rug, watching the television and fighting over the wide array of food on the table.

As the time passed, more and more people slowly filtered into the house, and soon the house was filled with all my classmates, and some of Woohyun and Sunggyu’s other friends from other classes. Even Hyuna and Joon came. Lively chatter and laughter filled the room and Sunggyu reemerged in normal clothes.

The party started with everyone sitting in a huge circle and getting to know one another. Then everyone had to perform and item. Then we played truth or dare. After that we had our amazing Christmas feast. Woohyun brought the turkeys out and everyone dug in. Once everyone was stuffed, different genres of music played and everyone started dancing.

At one point we actually formed a limbo line. After that, L, Dongwoo, Sungjong and I were busy goofy dancing and doing weird embarrassing movements.

Then there was a beach ball being bounced around, and when the music stopped, the person holding onto it had to take a chocolate shot. It was basically this huge glass filled purely with melted chocolate, and he had to drink it all in one go.

Some people went out of the house, by the driveway and front lawn and had a huge scale snowball fight. Although anyone who shot snow into the house was immediately slapped by Sungjong. Some built snowmen, and created snow angels. Some joined Sungjong in the kitchen to bake cookies. And Brice was just there to disturb Sungjong and steal all his freshly baked cookies.

I dragged L into the kitchen to join Sungjong in baking and steal some cookies at the same time. When I went in there, I realized that I was absolutely horrible at baking and gave up, resorting to eating all the ingredients and end products. There was once where I found a cookie that was coincidentally shaped like an angel and I wanted to bring it to show L, but he was in some private conversation with Brice and I didn’t want to disturb him.

I got bored and was really curious as to what they were talking about, so I inconspicuously moved closer to eavesdrop. All I could make out over Sungjong’s squealing over his idea to make macarons was something like “Not long left” and “Act soon”. Eventually I gave up trying to be nosy and just dragged L out to play.

After a few rounds of silly dancing and chocolate shot challenges, L pulled me out of the house, giddy from all the excitement.

“Phew, let’s take a rest. We’ll be here all night and I’m tired already.” He panted.

I laughed and nodded in agreement. The quiet corner of the house he managed to find was soothing, a nice change from the blaring music inside.

We sat on a frost covered bench, not caring if our butts got wet, and talked. Just talked about everything. About school, about people, about life. We flicked snow at each other, took short naps with our head in the snow and laughed about everything. It was nice, talking to him in this calming manner.

Suddenly, we heard the clock strike twelve. Cheers erupted from inside the house, but we were too lazy to go in.

“Now everybody, I want you to just stay where you are.” Woohyun’s voice boomed from inside the house. He must have been using a megaphone or something.

I raised my eyebrow and exchanged glances with L. This can’t be very good.

“Now, I want all of you to look up. Just look above you. Do any of you see something? Something that will be the highlight of tonight?” Woohyun asked and I could just imagine him smirking devilishly.

L and I both looked up. And gasped.

Oh no.

I closed my eyes and looked at it again, to confirm that I wasn’t hallucinating.

But there it still was.

A mistletoe.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!

I AM SO SORRY OMG FOR NOT UPDATING I AM LIKE BOWING 90DEGREES X100 AND IF ANY OF YOU COME FIND ME I WILL KISS YOUR FEET.

So anyways. I feel so bad that I couldn't update cause of a ton of homework, and I know this chapter .

I'm sorry.

Yes I've been super demoralized by reading liverjournal fics. Because they are just so painfully perfect I have nothing else to say.

If you guys don't know what a mistletoe represents, PLEASE GO GOOGLE IT OR YOU WILL NOT UNDERSTAND MY CLIFFHANGER HAHA. 

Anyways I'm super in love with U-kiss's new song, Stop Girl. Go listen to it!

And I have a new Lukai oneshot, Wipe Your Eyes.

Anyways my English and Chinese paper one (Composition and Situational Writing) End Of Year exams are tomorrow:( Wish me luck cause I spent the whole day writing this LOL I HAVE NO SENSE OF PRIORITY. 

okay. BYE GUYS. THIS FIC IS ENDING SOON HURHUR:((