Comfort.

Paradise

*Myungsoo POV*

My handphone chimed, signaling a new message from Dongwoo.

Yahyahyahyahyah!!! Bestie!!! Howon proposed to me OHMAGAWD! Can you believe it?! Ahhhh! I’ll tell you all about it tomorrow or something. Don’t miss me too much, I’m going back to the Yadong house, gonna make some loveeee. Byeee!

I shook my head, smiling. It’s about time.

Ah, this brings back memories when I was about to propose to Yeol. Only, I didn’t get to. And when I gave Yeol the ring, instead of being happy like Dongwoo is, he was crying. Because I freaking died.

I was deep in thought, staring at my phone screen, which has now gone dark.

“Hyung, how’s Dongwoo and Hoya doing? I assume you’ve just received a message from him.” Sungjong asked, approaching me.

I snapped out of my trance. “Huh? Oh yeah Hoya pro- WAAH!”

My phone dropped out of my hands, landing safely on the rug, as I yelped.

“Ghost!” I whimpered, pointing to the Jong imposter.

“Yah, hyung what are you talking about?!” He snapped.

“Oh, hehe, it’s just you Jong. Wait, WHY ARE YOU WEARING A FREAKING FACE MASK?! AREN’T THOSE FOR GIRLS?”

He narrowed his eyes at me. “This beautiful smooth baby skin doesn’t come easily, y’know?” He grinned, patting his face lovingly.

I could swear I almost gagged at that exact moment.

“Anyways, continue. Hoya did what?”

“Hoya proposed.”

His eyes widened. “Really?! Awwwwww! That’s so sweeeet!”

I just huffed, ignoring him.

“Well, anyway, I gotta go get some rest. It’s getting late.”

I glanced at the clock. “It’s 11.30, Jong. How is this LATE?”

He stuck out his tongue at me. “I need my beauty sleep, alright?”

I just waved him off, watching his retreating figure.

Once I heard the door click shut, my phone rang.

Aish, who would be calling me at this time?? I pressed the ‘accept call’ button, without looking at the Caller ID.

“Yah, Jang Dongwoo. Don’t tell me you called me at this time to rant about Hoya proposing to-“ I started nagging.

“Erm… L? I’m not Dongwoo.” A familiar voice meekly informed me.

Oh crap. I quickly checked the Caller ID.

Lee Sungyeol.

“Ohmygod! I’m soooo sorry Yeol. I didn’t see the Caller ID and-“ I started to rant like the dork I am when I’m with him.

He just chuckled weakly. “Don’t worry about it.”

I cleared my throat, embarrassed. “So… why did you call?”

“I…I can’t sleep, L. In half an hour it’ll be his 100th day death anniversary.” His voice trembled, as if he was holding back tears.

How nice. My death anniversary. “Oh… I’ll be right over. Wait for me.”

He let out a shaky breath. “Thanks, L”

“No problem.” And with that, I hung up.

Grabbing my car keys, I rushed out of the house and made my way to his house.

Our house, rather.

My Yeollie needs me.

I quickly parked the car and ran to the house, pressing the door bell, breathless.

The door opened 3 seconds later, revealing a disheveled Yeol, eyes bloodshot.

Before I could say anything, he wrapped his arms around me tightly, sobbing. Knowing that I can’t kiss his tears away, I just awkwardly rested my hand on his back, rubbing it soothingly.

He didn’t seem like he would stop anytime soon, and we couldn’t possibly be standing here, the door still open for the whole world to see, so I lifted him off his feet, bridal style, and carried him into our room, as he continued sobbing in his room.

Please, baby. Stop crying. My heart breaks with every tear that escapes your eyes.

I sat upright, with my back leaning against the bedframe, while Yeol just cried his eyes out in my chest. I wrapped an arm around his waist, his hair.

He hiccupped softly, looking up at me with tear-filled eyes.

“Thank you, L. For everything.”

I gently wiped the tears off his face. “No problem, Yeol. What are friends for?”

It pained me to say the word ‘friends’, but it’s not like I had a choice.

I was lost in my own thoughts, when he suddenly spoke up.

“You know, you really remind me of him.” I looked at him with wide eyes.

“H-huh? W-why would you s-say so?” Damn, stop stuttering!

“Well, I don’t really know. You and him are really similar. You both like the same ice-cream flavor, when no one else does, you and him call me the same nicknames, and he always used to hold me like this whenever I cry.” He smiled bitterly.

“Really? Then I guess I should be honoured.”

He let out a small smile. “Yeah, you should be.”

“Yeol… maybe it’s better if you talk about him, tell me what you miss about him, what you loved most about him, than keep it to yourself and torture yourself like this…”

He looked up at me with teary eyes. “Will that really help?”

I shrugged. “There’s no harm trying, is there?”

He took a deep breath. “I miss how Myungsoo would always hold me in his arms, call me his sunshine, and start being all cheesy on me. I might have seemed like I was annoyed by it, but actually I was enjoying every bit of it. I miss how he’s always there for me, how he can tolerate my chodingness, and how he can always make me smile, no matter what circumstance I’m in. I miss how he made my life complete, because without him, I feel like there’s something missing from my life. I’m not complete without him.”

I nodded, listening to all the things he missed about me. I really felt like crying, because I had finally realized the extent of the pain he was going through. And as if seeing him physically, mentally and emotionally break down wasn’t enough, he described his pain to me. And the Sungyeol I know is weak. Very weak. So for him to be going through all this, and not jumped off the building yet, is quite a surprise.

“But mostly, I miss him. I miss the annoying, 4D, cheesy, mischievous Kim Myungsoo.” He ended off with a sob.

“There, there…” I comforted, rubbing his back.

“You shouldn’t be so sad. I’m sure that Myungsoo wouldn’t like to see you like this. I’m sure he wants the best for you, and he wants you to be happy, whether he’s there or not.” With a blank look, I pulled the crying boy into my arms, feeling him shiver.

Then, he said something that scared the crap out of me.

“You know, sometimes I really suspect that you’re Myungsoo.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OoooohXD

Hi guys. Pleaseeeeeee support my new oneshot! It's not the one I've promised, but it's an older one that I've recently found and decided to post. When you guys read it, leave a comment! It'll really mean alot to me if you guys commentXD Thanks:DDD

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/113874/1

ok bye<3