Friends.

Paradise

HELLO:D

This is kinda slow moving... well anywayy enjoy~

Read, Comment and Subscribe~

*Myungsoo POV*

I could practically feel my heart thumping against my chest as I stood outside the classroom, waiting for my cue to enter. And then I heard it.

“Sungyeol and- oh… I’m sorry Sungyeol…”

I cringed. I bit my lip and inched towards the door and looked through the small glass panel. I saw him looking miserable, his tears threatening to fall out any moment, while the teacher had her hand on his shoulder and looked extremely guilty.

I sighed. I’m sorry, Yeol. I never meant for any of this to happen. But now I have a second chance. I can still protect you. I backed away from the door.

“Kids, today we have a new student. Come on in, L.”

And that was followed by the incessant excited whispering of the girls. I rolled my eyes. Girls… I only have eyes for my Yeol, so don’t even try.

That was my cue. I kept chanting to myself to act mysterious, so I sauntered in coolly with my hands in my pocket.

“Annyeonghasaeyo, L imnida. Please take care of me.” I smirked, to make my bad boy act more convincing. Aish great. Now Yeol will probably think I’m a playboy.

The girls started spasming. Ignoring them, my eyes wandered around the classroom and found Yeol. I stared straight at him, and I could tell that he knew I was watching him.

“Hmm… You can sit next to Sungyeol over there. It’s the only empty seat left.”

Yes!

But I saw his eyes widen and his fists clench. Does he not like me already?

I walked down the aisle to my seat, ignoring the squealing girls, and sat down. Sungyeol just lay his head on the table and started resting.

“Erm… Hi Sungyeol. I’m L. Nice to meet you.” I stuck out my hand.

He looked up and took it half-heartedly. How long has it been since I last touched you?

I frowned. “Sorry if this sounds rude, but do you hate me?”

He looked at me, puzzled. “Of course not. I don’t even know you.”

“Then why did you look so pissed off when I was assigned to this seat?”

“Erm… because…” He took a deep breath. “Because that’s my dead fiancé’s seat.”

I inwardly smirked, but pretended to be sorry. “Oh… I’m sorry. I didn’t know. I’ll take good care of this seat, I promise you.”

He just smiled and nodded.

I turned back to the board and started taking notes while he slept. Aigoo… all those sleepless nights must have taken a toll on him. The Yeol I knew would never sleep during lessons…

 

After what seemed like eternity, he finally woke up. “Morning, Sleeping Beauty.” I grinned at him. He just stuck out his tongue at me and laughed.

I could sense someone looking at me, so I looked up from taking my notes. Almost immediately, many heads turned back to the front. I rolled my eyes. Girls…

“I see someone’s getting popular on the first day, huh?” He cheekily asked and I just smirked back at him.

He peered over at my desk. “Wow. A popular guy who takes notes? Not bad!”

I just laughed and focused on the lesson.

From the corner of my eye, I could see him playing with the ring on his finger. Our proposal ring. He smiled sadly at it, as if remembering something. A lone tear escaped his eye and he quickly wiped it away. Nobody saw it. But I did. Please. Don’t be sad. You don’t deserve to be sad.

 

The bell finally rung, signaling the end of the first lesson and time for lunch. Soon, my whole table was surrounded with girls squealing and asking me to marry them. No way, .

I was supposed to act cold, so I just brushed them off heartlessly. But apparently, girls like bad boys and challenges, so they squealed even louder while I was cold to them. What the…

I looked over to Yeol’s table and saw that the fangirls had decided to give him a break today, seeing how he was so upset and all. Well at least they have a heart. Instead, he was surrounded by a few friends, sending their condolences to him on my death.

Ironic, huh? MY death.

He accepted them with a small smile and packed up his things. As he left for the cafeteria, I tried my best to push through the crowd of fangirls to go to Infinite’s table.