Paradise.

Paradise

Merry Christmas~ 

 

*Myungsoo POV*

It was exactly a week after that Christmas party, the day Yeol and I got together for the second time. I finally moved back into our shared house, and out of Jongie’s, with the help of our beloved hyungs and dongsaeng. And Brice.

“Dammit Myungsoo, why do you have so many clothes?” Howon groaned as he hauled what is probably his sixth full bag of clothes onto the floor.

I sniffed. “I only buy the essentials.”

Sunggyu sauntered over and plopped on the couch, the bag of clothes before him. He ped it with a swift motion and raised an eyebrow. He turned to look at me, his eyebrows still raised.

I chuckled sheepishly.

“Really, Myungsoo? Really?” Sunggyu asked sarcastically as Howon came over to peer into the bag. Upon seeing the whole bag full with plaid shirts, he groaned yet again and flopped onto the couch in defeat.

Dongwoo, upon seeing the commotion, walked over and sat on Howon’s stomach, laughing uncontrollably at the sight.

“That’s even worse than my toy addiction.” He choked out between spurts of laughter.

Woohyun turned to look at him, with his jaw slack from thinking. “No, not really. You both are weird.”

“Hey!” Dongwoo and I exclaimed indignantly at the same time.

Woohyun just shrugged while Yeol returned from his water break, snorting in laughter.

his shirt to suppress his laughter, he takes a seat beside me on the floor, wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

“C’mon guys, Myung’s addiction to plaid isn’t THAT bad.”

Narrowing my eyes, I jabbed him in the ribs with my elbow. “You were laughing just now.”

Hearing that, Yeol burst into laughter yet again. I harrumphed.

Sungjong strode over to plop himself gracefully on Brice’s lap, studying his nails.

“You guys have no idea what I had to go through whenever I opened his closet. It was torture for my poor fashionista eyes.” Jongie exclaimed dramatically, making himself look as pitiful as possible.

I squinted suspiciously at him. “Why in the world were you even looking through my closet?”

His eyes darted around the room nervously. “Well, while cleaning it, of course.”

“You never ever clean the house.” I pointed out.

He sighs in defeat. “Caught. I was stealing your underwear.”

“YOU WHAT?”

“Hey chill, it was only once. I ran out of it.”

Dongwoo erupted into yet another fit of uncontrollable laughter.

“Thank god Jongie didn’t do that when I roomed with him during our club chalet.” He said after his laughter died down.

“That’s just cause your pig boxers are ugly.” Sungjong sniffs haughtily.

“Hey!” Dongwoo protested and grabbed at his chest, as if it literally hurt him.

Jongie just scoffed and snuggled further back into Brice’s chest.

Everyone else succumbs to peals of amused laughter. Yeol downright cackles and his head somehow ends up in my lap, with him squirming around in uncontrollable laughter.

My heart skipped a beat. Damn, it’s been so many years and yet he still has this effect on me.

Maybe when they say nothing lasts forever, they were right. But this love will last just long enough for the flames of our lives to burn on, and slowly snub off as we grow old, and pass away hand in hand. This, I am sure of.

I smile adoringly at him, lacing my fingers through his, giving his palm a light squeeze. Still laughing, he looks down at me and squeezes my palm in return. My heart skips another beat.

 

 

The gentle sunlight streamed through a gap between the curtains, bathing Yeol’s face in a beautiful glow. I had woken up a few minutes prior, while he was still sleeping soundly.

It’s been a while since I’ve been able to watch him sleep like this. With his eyes closed, his long eyelashes cascade down his high cheekbones, creating a slight shadow. He would inhale with his nose, his chest rising quietly, and exhale softly with his mouth, making it sound similar to a sigh.

I let my fingers gently trace his perfect features, letting them linger slightly at his lips, before bringing them over to play with his multiple piercings. He recently went on a piercing spree and got about six piercings along the edge of his ear. I thought they were really y.

He started to stir, and I leaned over to place a soft peck on his forehead, causing his eyes to flutter open slowly. He gazed at me with half-lidded eyes, not fully awake.

“Awake, sweetheart?” I whispered, pressing a light kiss to his temple, earning a muffled grunt in response.

I wrapped my arms around his waist and pulled him closer to me, letting his head rest against my chest. He grinned sleepily and snuggled deeper into my chest. Letting out a sigh of content, he snuck his hand around my waist, letting it linger against the edge of the waistband of my sweatpants.

I shivered involuntarily as he thumbed the skin under the edge of the waistband, drawing small circles lightly against the patch of sensitive skin there. He looked up at me with sleep hooded eyes, smirking when he knew he’s made me squirmish.

“Weren’t you sleepy just a moment ago?” I gasped and slapped his hand away.

“Babe, I can never be too sleepy for you.” He mumbled huskily, reaching over to nibble on the shell of my ear.

He climbed on top of me and straddled my torso, bending down to capture my lips in a heated liplock, his tongue running across my teeth and tangling with my own.

I grabbed at his messy hair and tugged on it roughly, pulling his head back to look at me effectively.

I smirked as I flipped us over and straddled his hips even more tightly.

“Now who gave you permission to do that, hmm?” I murmured teasingly against his lips.

He smirked in response and grabbed me by my shirt, pulling me down roughly, my lips crashing onto his.

Needless to say, it was the best morning the both of us have had for a while.

 

 

It was evening, and we shifted our loveseat to face the window, so as to watch the sunset.

Yeol was sitting on my lap, with one arm wrapped firmly around his waist, and the other laced tightly with his fingers. He had his head resting in the crook of my shoulder, smiling contentedly.

This scene looked really familiar.

We made small and random talk, occasionally keeping quiet to watch the sunset peacefully.

His eyebrows creased, and he opened his mouth, ready to say something.

“Myung-ah,” he called affectionately.

“Hmm?” I replied, distracted by the breathtaking streaks of red, orange, pink and purple in the sky.

“Y’know when you… passed away the first time, they offered you to stay in heaven. Why did you reject it? I mean, it’s heaven. An eternal paradise. Not many people would give that up to return to living in this corrupted human world.”

“Well, would you have done the same thing, for me?”

“Of course!” he exclaimed, sounding slightly indignant. “But I want to know why. Surely there was a specific reason.”

The reason… there was so many ways to express this reason, but I thought it through carefully before answering.

“Because it isn't a paradise if you’re not in it.”