Return.

Paradise

Annyeong!

Ok, so the MAIN PLOT. *dundundun* heh. MYUNGSOO SO HOT IN MAIN IMAGE FML. ENJOY~

Read, Comment and Subscribe~

*Myungsoo POV*

I glanced at the clock. 2 minutes left to midnight. 2 minutes left to see my beloved. I sat in front of him on the rug, but as expected, he just looked through me. My heart clenched when he looked through me.

“2 more minutes, till one week since I had last seen you.” He whispered into thin air. None of the members heard it, being too preoccupied with their own activities, but I did. I started tearing up at his words. He noticed.

I looked at the clock again. It was already 11:59. I looked at Dongwoo and Sungjong. They mouthed sad goodbyes to me. Sungjong looked like he wanted to cry and glomp me, but he had already done that in the room just now.

My time was running out. I stared into Yeol’s sorrowful eyes, and found myself lost in them. “Bye, choding…”

His head shot up, his eyes wide. “Ani… I’m hallucinating again. Myung didn’t just say bye to me…” The shook his head in denial.

I smiled. But I did.

I looked up one last time at the friends I once used to hand out and laugh with, and then at Sungyeol, who I used to –and still- love so much.

And then, a blinding flash of light overcome me, and I felt myself disappearing.

I woke up with a head-splitting headache, and found myself in that white corridor known as heaven again. But this time Brice was standing in front of me, his hand outstretched to help me out. I gladly took it and pulled myself up.

We took a walk along the never ending corridor, and Brice cleared his throat, shaking me out of my thoughts of Sungyeol.

“So, erm. The proposition…”

My eyes brightened. Something to look forward to! “Yeah…” I urged him to go on.

“You see, we have decided to give you a choice. It’s either you be the right hand man of God, or you return back to Earth, as a human again. So, what is your choice?”

OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOD. Isn’t the answer obvious? “EARTH. HUMAN. KYAAAAA!!!” I couldn’t help myself from squealing like an excited fangirl. I get to be with my baby again YESSSS!!!

“But-“

Oh no. ‘But’ is never a good sign. I bit my lip, waiting for him to continue.

“You won’t be in the same body as before. Think about it. You’d be scaring people less.” I nodded. It’s true. Wait…

“So that means Yeol won’t be able to recognize me?” He nodded.

I pouted, but then smiled as an idea came into my mind. “Ah, it’s alright. I can just tell him and-“

“No, you can’t tell him. Those are the rules. You can’t tell him that you’re Myungsoo, but you’re supposed to make him love you. If he does fall for you again, without knowing you are Myungsoo, then the love you two shared is true love. But if he finds out before you make him fall for you, it’s over. You’ll have to return here. He can suspect it, but you cannot tell him. And you are only given a year.”

That made me nervous. A year? I’m not sure if I can get Yeol to forget about… me.

“I… I agree to these rules.”

“Good. I’ll come regularly to check up on you, just to see if you need anything.”

I smiled and nodded.

“Alright, then I’ll send you back-“

“By the way, Brice, it may seem rude to ask, but what exactly are you?”

“Ah. I’m a reaper.”

My eyes widened. Mwo? A reaper? “But… but… aren’t they supposed to have really long black hoodies and an axe?”

He laughed. “Of course not. That’s only in stories, my dear friend.”

I scratched my head nervously. “O... okay. Thanks for all your help.”

He smiled warmly and rested his hand on my arm. I turned to look at him, puzzled, but he told me to close my eyes. So I did. And I collapsed.