Friends.

Paradise

*Myungsoo POV*

“You know, sometimes I really suspect that you’re Myungsoo.”

I froze at his words, not knowing how to respond to that.

But then, he laughed.

“Nah, that’s not possible. Myungsoo is… yeah. And I’m probably just going mad.” He reasoned with himself, eyes downcast.

I glanced at him guiltily. He was trying so hard to get over me but I kept making it worse.

Did that make sense?

No.

Ugh. How I wish, how I ached to tell him that everything’s alright, that I’m Myungsoo, but I can’t do so. Because everything ISN’T alright. And if I told him, I would be breaking the rules. Which would just make things worse.

He sniffled. “L, can I ask you something?”

“Uh, sure. Ask away.”

“Are you… you know, gay? Like the rest of us?”

“Yeah.”

“Oh.” His voice trailed off.

“Why? What’s bothering you?” I asked, concerned.

“Well, promise not to tell anyone, alright?” I nodded quickly.

“Last time, I would find hurtful letters in my locker, or shoved into my school bag. Just for being different. Or that person would even text me nasty things, and I don’t even know who that person is, or how that person got my number. And I used to cry by myself a lot.”

Now it all makes sense to me. Whenever he tells me he’s staying back late in school, and he comes back with bloodshot eyes. He told me it was because he was tired, and I was stupid enough to let it pass, despite sensing something was wrong. Whenever he hides pieces of paper under his books whenever I walk him from his locker to every class. I feel like such a failure now.

My eyes widened and it took all of my willpower not to punch the wall. “And did you tell Myungsoo about this?”

He flinched slightly at the mention of my name, but shook his head.

I furrowed my eyebrows. “Why not?”

He bit his lower lip. “I didn’t want him to worry, y’know? And I know that if I told him, he would hunt those people down and murder them in the most painful way possible.”

I chuckled at the thought of that. My Yeollie knows me so well.

“But he’s your boyfriend, don’t you think he ought to know? And he’s not a shoulder to cry on for nothing. Share our burdens with him.”

He smiled bitterly. “But it’s too late for that now, isn’t it?”

I pursed my lips, not knowing how to reply. It is true, in a way.

“But L, is it really that bad to be gay?” He looked at me, eyes glistening with tears.

I sighed, his hair. “Yeol-ah, when you fall in love, you fall for the person, not the gender. Remember that.”

“But Yeol, are you still receiving these letters and messages and whatever?” He nodded hesitantly.

“We have to put a stop to this. Please, trust me. I will help you, alright? Just let me tell the guys.” He opened his mouth, ready to protest, but ended up nodding with a sigh.

“You’re a kingka, why would people bully you?” I asked, puzzled.

“I don’t know. Maybe it’s because I’m the most fragile in the group?”

I shrugged. “Probably.”

“Thanks L, for everything. I’m so lucky to have you as a friend.” He snuggled closer to me, hugging my waist.

I his hair sadly.

As a friend…

The next day…

“WHAT?!” The shouts of five boys nearly deafened me.

The five boys, or more specifically, Infinite minus me and Yeol, stared at us, mouths agape.

We were currently gathered in the Woogyu house after school, and I had just told them about the Yeol situation, while Yeol just hid his face in my back.

“THAT BETTER WATCH OUT CUZ I’MMA SMASH HIS FACE IN.”

“NOBODY BULLIES MY DONGSAENG AND GETS AWAY WITH IT.”

“Hyung, why didn’t you tell us earlier?!”

“YAH! THIS STUPID HOMOPHOBIC URGH ASKDJFHALFCNSKLEHFROI”

“THIS IS ASKING FOR A PUNCH TO THE BALLS!”

Well, I had to admit, their reactions were quite funny.

Dongwoo was punching a pillow, showing off his *cough* useless *cough* Kungfu skills. Woohyun was bending his mineral water bottle out of it’s original shape, Sungjong was slapping his teddy bear, Hoya was ripping newspapers, imitating the Hulk, and Sunggyu was nagging at Yeol while crushing cookies under his grasp.

Yeah, epic.

Woohyun was the first one to return to his senses.

“Guys…” He voiced out, and got ignored.

“Guys!” He raised his voice a tone higher, still, nobody spared him a glance.

“Yah!” He yelled, only to get ignored again.

“GUYS, SUNGGYU IS PREGNANT!!!” He shouted.

“WHAAAAAT?!” Sunggyu and I shrieked at the same time, as I fell off the couch.

Hoya had run over to congratulate Woohyun, while Dongwoo was whining that he wanted a kid too, Sungjong was squealing in delight for having a new victim to play dress up with, I was rubbing my sore from falling, while Sungyeol was trying to calm down a fuming Sunggyu.

Woohyun just sat there and smirked.

Dongwoo suddenly stopped whining. “Wait… guys can’t get pregnant!”

Woohyun rolled his eyes sarcastically. “Well, duh. Ok, now that I got your attention, why don’t you guys let Sungyeol speak about his situation, before attempting to mutilate the culprit?”

The others groaned in disappointment but agreed.

“Well… I didn’t want you guys to worry, and I was afraid Myungsoo would get mad.”

They all glanced at me. I frowned at them and they turned back to Yeol.

“Sungyeol-ah, you should have told us. I mean, we can help.” Sunggyu said softly, walking over to hug Yeol.

“Well, yeah but… Oh, I don’t know!” He sighed, looking upset.

Woohyun shuffled over to pat his back soothingly. “Hey, hey. Don’t be upset, alright? We’ll help you. And as much as I want to tear the person apart, limb by limb, I won’t. Because you don’t want me to.”

Yeol nodded thankfully.

“So…” I walked over to him, not wanting to be left out, and crouched in front of him. “Promise not to keep anything from us, ever again.” I held out my pinky and he hooked his with mine. I smiled.

“Awwww! Group hug!” Dongwoo exclaimed. The remaining three dudes ran over and glomped all of us, Yeol being in the centre.

As we pulled away, Hoya cleared his throat. “On a happier note, I proposed to Dino last night.” He sat there, grinning like an idiot.

The guys were screaming congratulations to him, while Dongwoo tackled him to the ground, and they ended up making out.

“Yah! Get a room!” Sungjong yelled, throwing a pillow at them.

Hoya grinned mischievously. “Maybe we will.”

Grabbing him by the wrist, he dragged Dongwoo into a random room.

Sunggyu’s tiny eyes widened. “Noooooooo not our room!!!!!”

He and Woohyun made a mad dash towards the room, desperate to save their room from unwanted Yadong’s…. moments.

I laughed so hard, my cheeks were hurting. But through the chaos, I saw a tear fall from Sungyeol’s eye.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! So the results for my poll is : Myungyeol!

Honestly i didn't expect so many people to vote LOL:P

Ok, so wait for it! Did you guys go support my oneshot, Obsession?

Cause if not, do it now!

Heh. The oneshot will be based on Song JiEun ft. Bang Yong Guk - Going crazy.

It's really nice, so go listen to it!

Ppyong~