Caught.

Paradise

*Myungsoo POV*

“So, what’s the plan?” Hoya asked.

“Well, we’ll hide somewhere near Yeol’s locker and wait for that guy to come and deliver his daily hate mail. Once he comes, we run after him and pin him down.” I smirked, satisfied at my brilliant plan.

They all ‘ohhhhh’-ed in unison.

As soon as we entered the school gates, the teachers were surprised to see us in school so early. We walked up to Yeol’s locker, dividing our roles.

“Sunggyu, you and Woohyun hide in the classroom. PLEASE DO NOT TRY ANYTHING FUNNY IN THERE. Dongwoo and Hoya, you two go hide in the storage closet. DON’T TRY ANYTHING IN THERE EITHER. Yeol, you just stay in class and study or whatever, while Sungjong and I will hide there.” I pointed to some random spot.

Everyone nodded in agreement and dispersed.

-10 minutes later-

“Hyuuuuuung!!!!” Sungjong whined, his head sticking out.

I growled. “What?!”

“Why must I be in the dustbin, while you get to hide behind it??” He pouted.

“Cause you’re the maknae, now shut up.”

He blew a raspberry and went back in.

Soon, footsteps were heard in the empty hallway.

I peered past the dustbin to try and identify that bastard, but he was too far. I made eye contact with the guys, signaling that once he puts the letter in his locker, we run after him and catch him.

By this time, he had stopped at Yeol’s locker already, and a squinted to get a good look at his face.

No way.

Jung Yonghwa?

Wasn’t he really close friends with Yeol in elementary school?

I held up my fingers for the guys to see.

3.

2.

1.

We all sprung out of our hiding places and ran after him. But being in the school track and field team, he was obviously a fast runner, and the first to get tired was of course, our beloved old man, Kim Sunggyu.

Pretty soon, all of them were tired and panting, with the exception of me and Dongwoo. Ah, the benefits of being competitive kids when we were younger.

I was running out of energy really fast, while Yonghwa seemed perfectly energized.

At this time, Dongwoo started digging into his backpack as he ran.

“L, relax. I’ll take care of him.” He told me as he brandished his nerf gun.

No wonder his bag was so big today.

I wheezed and slowed down, eventually stopping. I watched as Dongwoo shot Yonghwa mercilessly, his aim perfect every time. I guess something good does come out of playing with these everyday.\

“OWWWWWW!” Yonghwa yelled as a foam pellet hit his head, causing him to lose focus and crash into a wall.

Seizing the opportunity, I dashed forward to sit on him, effectively pinning him down.

“Good job, bro.” I high-fived Dongwoo as he flushed with pride.

Pretty soon, the rest of the guys caught up and crowded around us, patting Dongwoo on the back. When it was Hoya’s turn, flung Dongwoo over his shoulder and carried him into the nearby broom closet, locking it swiftly.

Okaaaaay… I don’t really wanna know what’s happening in there.

We glared at Yonghwa, who was still lying on the floor, groaning in pain.

I kicked him in the ribs. “YAH! Why are you sending these things to Yeol?!”

He just scowled in reply. “You fags are disgusting. Why can’t you guys be normal like me and Seohyun? I can’t believe I was even friends with that before.”

“YAH!!!!!” I exploded, kicking his legs. Sungjong held me back, restraining me from brutally murdering him.

“Yonghwa… you have to understand that we’re not doing this on purpose. We fall in love with a person, not a gender.” Sunggyu tried explaining calmly.

“That’s right, you sickening homophobic.” I spat, only to have Jongie glare at me in response.

He just scoffed at me. “Whatever.”

“Don’t do this anymore, arraso?” Sunggyu warned, his tone deadly serious.

“I… alright.” Yonghwa hesitated a little.

Gyu gave an eye smile and patted his back warmly.

“A-are you gonna report me to the teachers?” Yonghwa asked timidly, like a scared kid.

He shook his head. “Nope, as long as you don’t do it again.”

Yonghwa nodded thankfully, but something was weird.

Woohyun was being unusually quiet.

And Yonghwa kept looking at him.