Chance.

Paradise

HEY! I put up the continuation as promised. I actually had already written it but was waiting for the first comment to post it. So many thanks to Menikkey!!!!!! It's really short and rushed though. Hope you guys don't mind. Cause my dad was nagging at me to sleep cuz i gotta wake up early tomorrow to pray to my grandma:D

Read, Comment, and Subscribe~

*Myungsoo POV*

He wasn’t the lively and bubbly Sungyeol I once knew anymore. He looked lifeless, listless and the worst thing. He was crying. Looking at him cry made my heart ache. I could practically feel invisible daggers stabbing my chest repeatedly, not giving me a chance to breathe. My chest tightened at the sight of him sniffing away, madly grabbing tissues from the box to wipe his bloodshot eyes, only to have them soaked a few minutes later.

Tears stinged my eyes, threatening to fall any minute. Looking at him hurt like this, made me hurt to. If he is sad, I am sad. He’s my other half.

He was sitting with his back against the couch, holding a picture of us on our first anniversary, sobbing uncontrollably, smiling bitterly, calling out for me every now and then. And surrounding him were tissues. So many tissues. All soaked and forgotten. He would clutch his chest in pain, and keep asking himself, “Why?”

“He’s like this because of your death…” That guy, whom he introduced himself as Bryce, spoke. I tore my eyes from the crystal ball to look at him. Despite his bad boy looks, he looked sad. Almost pitiful. Like he had been through this situation before.

I turned back to the crystal ball, admiring Sungyeol’s beautiful features. But they were ruined by the tears falling out from his eyes. It truly hurt to see my beloved in such pain. The tears spilled out of my eyes. I felt bad for leaving him all alone. I miss him already.

Bryce tapped the crystal ball gently, and the image disappeared. “Hey!” I protested, wanting to look at my baby longer.

He held up his hand, asking me to keep silent. “Do you love him?” He asked me.

I stared at him amazed at his question. Does he even need to ask? “Of course I do!!!”

He smiled. “Then we have come to a decision.”

I gulped. “And who exactly is we?” I asked in a small voice.

“’We’ refers to the heavenly council. The big shots. They make the decisions. God has agreed with our plan. You see, we have always kept an eye on you two, because you and Sungyeol share the purest and truest love, which is pretty rare nowadays.”

“What plan?”

“We will let you roam the Earth for a week, as a spirit. You won’t be able to be seen, or heard. Some people might be able to communicate with you, but it won’t be Sungyeol. You can spend this time to look after your loved ones. You won’t be able to touch them though.”

My eyes widened to the size of saucers, not believing my ears. “Only a week? Then what will happen to me after that week?”

“After one week, we will provide you with another proposition.”

“What proposition?” I urged curiously.

He laughed. “That is for you to find out in a week. So do you want to roam the Earth or not?”

I nodded furiously.

Unable to control myself, I hugged him tightly in gratitude. His body stiffened in surprise, but relaxed and started patting my back. He leaned nearer to me and told me,

“Go.”