Finally.

Paradise

 

This chapter is for Darkess Dragon :)



 

 

I gaped at the mistletoe hanging above me, my mind going blank.

I looked back down at L, only to find him staring intently at me, an unidentifiable emotion swimming in his eyes. He studied me silently, his mouth set in a grim line.

I bit my lip, racking my brains for something to say to bring us out of this awkwardness.

“Uhm, well, there’s a mistletoe there…” I piped up meekly, wincing a little at how squeaky my voice sounded. I fisted the hem of my coat nervously, mentally slapping myself for my weak statement.

Wordlessly, L grabbed my hand, ice cold in his warm ones, and held it there. He stared into my eyes with that look again. That intent look.

“L, what are you-“ The words were out of my mouth before I could help it. I mentally slapped myself again for ruining the mood.

He shushed me, then proceeding to slowly rise from his seat.

I wanted to open my mouth to ask him what he was planning to do, but I decided not to ruin the moment yet again. Instead, I let my free hand grip the bench tightly and forced myself to sit as still as I could, shallowing my breaths to match the solemn atmosphere.

My heart pounded hard and fast against my chest, my palms sweating buckets despite the bitter cold. Was L really going to kiss me?

His face neared mine gradually and his free hand crept to tangle itself in my hair. As I felt his hot breath on my face, I slowly closed my eyes.

His long eyelashes fluttered against my cheekbones as his lips met mine. At that very moment, cheesy as it may sound, time stopped. I felt myself melt into the kiss, my lips moulding against his like a puzzle piece meant to be solved. My hand released it’s death grip on the bench and proceeded to place itself on the back of his neck, drawing him even closer to me.

And suddenly, the cold didn’t seem as bitter anymore.

I smiled into the kiss. But it didn’t last as long as I had hoped it would, thanks to the table between us.

We pulled away, panting for breath, and I couldn’t help but think that L looked like an angel, with tiny puffs of mist forming before his lips, his eyes closed as he caught his breath.

His eyes opened to focus on me, then grabbed both my hands.

“Lee Sungyeol, will you be my boyfriend?” He asked gently, a tiny smile grazing his lips.

I grinned stupidly. “Of course, idiot.”

He leaned in again for another kiss. My breath caught in my throat, butterflies swimming in my stomach as I closed my eyes.

Suddenly, loud cheers erupted from the house and it was only then that I realized that everyone had been watching us. From the house. And stupid Nam Woohyun had the dumbest grin plastered on his face. And that was pretty damn dumb considering he always has dumb grins on his face.

Dongwoo was shooting us really ridiculously exaggerated winks as Howon facepalmed at his boyfriend’s embarrassing acts in public.

I glared at them and Sungjong, who got the message, dragged Brice to divert everyone’s attention away from us.

I might have been seeing things, but I saw Brice nod approvingly at L, mouthing something to him, followed by a grin from L, before Brice submitted to his boyfriend and allowed himself to be pulled away.

I turned back and exchanged a look with L, before tackling him into the snow, laughter erupting from both our chests as we tumbled through the chilly white blanket. The cold bit at my exposed neck, causing me to shudder involuntarily.

We finally rolled to a stop, both our heads spinning and giggling like little boys experiencing their first snow. We lay side by side and L let out a satisfactory sigh. With our fingers entwined, we stared at the sky and I thanked whoever was up there silently for helping me find someone new.

After a while, I could feel L start to shiver beside me, and it was followed by a nudge to my side. I looked at him questioningly.

“Yah, it’s getting cold. Let’s go back in.” He sat up and dusted the snow off his coat and hair.

I shook my head defiantly. “I wanna make a snow angel!”

He made a disapproving noise and sniffed.

I ignored him and proceeded to lie down, flailing my limbs wildly in the snow. When I finally got up, we both laughed and laughed over how that was a seriously overgrown angel. But then he smothered my cheek with feathery kisses and told me that it was still the most beautiful angel he’d ever seen. And I flicked his forehead, burying my face in my scarf to hide my blush, and told him that he was an idiot because he couldn’t even see the features of the angel.

But he grabbed my hand, looked me deep in the eyes and told me that beauty didn’t only depend on physical features.

Not exactly eager to attract more attention, he held my hand and led me through the back door and into the kitchen, which was fortunately empty. He sneezed once. I ordered him to sit by the table and got a towel from the dryer, proceeding to dry his hair for him. After that, I made us both steaming mugs of hot chocolate. We then sat by the back door, watching the snow fall rapidly onto the earth, while wrapped up in a couple of blankets, entangled together, sipping hot chocolate and talking about everything, about our feelings.

I confessed that I had first fallen for him because he reminded me so much of Myungsoo. I felt his body stiffen beside me. I looked at him quizzically, and he took a deep breath, exhaling with a long puff of mist.

“Yeol,” he took the hot chocolate from my hands and put both mugs onto the ground beside him, then proceeding to grasp my hands tightly in his, “I have something to tell you.”