Mistake.

Paradise

*Myungsoo POV*

I dragged him out of his seat.

“Come on sunshine. Time for class.”

I felt his body stiffen at my sentence. What? Did I say something wrong?

Oh .

I just called him sunshine, DAMN.

Okay Myungsoo. Take a deep breath, relax. You won’t get caught.

.

“Yah. We’re gonna be late. Move your .”

“H-huh? Oh yeah. Right. Let’s go.” He unfroze, flustered.

Oh man… this is gonna be harder than I thought.

-A few hours later-

The final school bell had finally rung, signaling the end of school. I turned my head to look at Sungyeol, who was sleeping soundly with his head on the table, unfazed the ringing of the bell.

I crouched down next to his desk and stared at his flawless features. The way his right cheek was squished against the table was totally adorable. My eyes lingered on his face for awhile more before scanning his body. I frowned at his arms. Damn. He’s gotten so skinny. I poked his arms experimentally. It was practically all bones. Ridiculous.

Sighing, I poked his cheeks. “Yah! Wake up, sleepyhead!”

He stirred a little, then went back his deep slumber.

I huffed. This choding dares to ignore me?!

“Yaaaaaah!!! Wake up!” I yelled, poking his cheeks furiously.

He slowly opened his eyes, letting out a cute yawn. He rubbed his eyes drowsily, still half asleep.

I let out a loud laugh.

“Yah Lee Sungyeol. You got a little something on your face.” I smirked, using my thumb to wipe away the small line of drool on his chin. Aigoo this boy.

He blushed. Yeah! Does this mean I’m succeeding? Keke.

“You going to Sungjong’s house with the rest of the guys?” He shook his head.

“Nah. I’ll be at home.”

I eyes him warily. “You need me to walk you home? What if you get or something?”

He gave me the what-the- look. “L, I’m a GUY. Guys don’t get . I hope.”

I just chuckled at his sentence. Whoever dares to lay a finger on him is so DEAD.

“K then. Bye!” I waved at him as we parted ways.

I walked towards Sungjong’s huge studio apartment. Ddukbokki stall. Hairpin stall. Candy store. Patbingsoo stall. Milkshake st-

HOLD IT.

I made a mad dash to the milkshake stall, ignoring the weird looks given to me and ordered my beloved strawberry shake.

I slurped on my strawberry shake as I pressed the doorbell. I could hear bickering coming from inside the house, followed by crazily heavy footsteps as they ran to the door.

3.

2.

1.

The door slammed open, Woohyun and Sungjong fighting to stand in front. Sunggyu stood at the back and shook his head at the two of them muttering something that sounded like “imbeciles”. Hoya and Dongwoo were cracking up over some internal joke. And that internal joke would probably be the staple bullets in Woohyun’s hair and the piece of vandalized paper stuck on his back.

Some things never change.

Sungjong stopped pushing Woohyun momentarily to give my strawberry shake a disapproving glare. He stuck up his nose at me.

“Seriously, Myungsoo. I don’t understand why you’re drinking those menacing strawberry thingies all the time when you could be taking lemon candy.” He spat out ‘strawberry thingies’ as if it was the most disgusting thing in the world, and then gushed at mentioning lemon candy.

I rolled my eyes at his diva-ness. “It’s strawberry MILKSHAKE. And that’s Myungsoo HYUNG for you.”

He just let out a loud ‘hmph’ and continued wrestling with Woohyun, only to be pulled apart by Sunggyu.

I sighed and invited myself in, walking past the still snickering Yadong. I followed their line of vision and realized that Woohyun wasn’t their only prank victim. I found myself laughing at the sign on Sunggyu’s back which read ‘eyeless grandpa’. They’re so dead once he finds out.

I plopped myself on Sungjong’s couch and the television, oblivious to the ruckus around me.

“Myungsoo! Heeeeelp!” Dongwoo yelped as Sunggyu chased him around, trying to strangle him. I smirked.

“Not a chance, Dino.” He pouted cutely but I already learnt to be completely immune to them as I stared blankly at him.

After a long time of chaos, everyone had finally settled down and we sat in a circle on the floor.

“Soooo how’s things going on with you and Sungyeol?” Dongwoo asked with a teasing smile on his face.

I told them everything that had happened, and surprisingly, they didn’t make any noise while I was telling my story.

Once I had finished, Sunggyu whacked the back of my head. “You pabo. How can you be so careless? You’re not supposed to let him know that you’re Myungsoo.”

I glared at him while rubbing the back of my head furiously. “I know, man! But some habits die hard y’know?”

Sunggyu sighed. He knew I had a point.

“But you know what Sungyeol likes, and what can trigger happy memories, so you can use that to your advantage.” I told you Dongwoo was a genius.

After a long day of suggestions, the guys finally left, leaving Sungjong and I to clean up the mess they made. So we had a little conversation as we cleaned up.

“So hyung, when you and Sungyeol hyung get together again, will you guys get married like you planned before?”

I froze while picking up a beheaded gummy bear.

“To be honest I haven’t really thought about it, Jongie. Things will be different.”

He nodded in agreement.

“What about you, dongsaeng? Got anyone special you eyeing on?”

He shook his head. “Sadly, no. I feel really jealous of the hyungs though. Seeing them happy with each other everyday, while I have no one.” His voice cracked and I spotted a tear roll down his cheek.

I threw down the gummy bear and embraced him. “Hey, hey. Don’t you cry on me. You will definitely find someone too, mmkay?”

He nodded, still sobbing in my chest, soaking my shirt. I his back. I guess the two of us will have each other for comfort now.