Regret.

Paradise

*Sungyeol POV*

I puffed my cheeks as I drummed my finger impatiently against the table, the sound echoing off the four walls of the empty classroom.

What’s taking them so long?

I glanced at the clock hanging on the wall. It’s been nearly 15 minutes…

Just then, L sauntered into the room coolly, walking over to my desk.

“Hey.” L grinned.

I grinned back, feeling my heart flutter a little. “H-hey. So how did it go?”

He took his seat next to me and flung his bag on the neighbouring seat without a care.

“Erm… that’s Minho’s seat, y’know?” I reminded meekly.

“Bah, who cares?” He said lazily.

“O-okay… if you say so. So answer my question!” I frowned.

“Oh. It went fine. It was all thanks to Dongwoo though.” He picked at his nails.

I raised an eyebrow. “Dongwoo? As in… Jang Dongwoo? Are you sure? Maybe it’s another Dongwoo..”

He shook his head. “Nope. It’s definitely the IDIOT, Jang Dongwoo.”

My jaw dropped open. “Wow. Why is it all thanks to him?”

“Well, cause while we were chasing that bastard, he outran most of us, but of course not me and Dongwoo, but I was slowing down, and Dongwoo told me not to worry, that he got it covered, and he shot the dude with his nerf gun until he fell.” He chuckled.

I laughed along too, imagining the scene. But then, another thought entered my mind.

“Then who was the mean person?”

“Oh. Don’t get too shocked or anything, but it’s-“ He got cut off by a knock on the open classroom door.

Yonghwa walked in, trying to avoid L’s daggers being stared at him. Speaking of that, why was L even glaring at him?

“Erm… L? Could I speak to Sungyeol for a while?” Yonghwa looked straight into his eyes, almost pleading.

L stood up and leaned against the table with his arms crossed, his expression remaining indifferent. “No.”

I stole a glance at him. His face was hard as stone.

“L, it’s alright. Just let us talk for awhile.” I nudged him softly.

He looked at me and his eyes softened. He left the room reluctantly, not before giving Yonghwa a cold glare.

I raised an eyebrow at L as he strode out of the class. “What’s up with him?” I muttered to myself.

Yonghwa heard it and grabbed my hands and held it firmly in his. “Sungyeol… I’m sorry.”

I looked at him, puzzled. “Sorry? For what?”

“I… I was the one who sent you those letters, Yeol.” He hung his head low, not daring to meet my eyes.

I couldn’t believe my ears. “A-are you serious?!”

He nodded shamefully.

I felt really betrayed. I never thought my childhood friend would do this to me. But I had to get one thing clear before getting mad at him.

“Why?” I asked him so softly, it came out as a whisper.

He inhaled deeply and told me everything. About how him and Woohyun were in a secret relationship back in elementary school. And I was a little hurt that I didn’t know about it, but I respect their privacy.

Once he had finished explaining everything to me, I threw myself on him and squeezed him tightly.

“Oh Yonghwa. I’m so sorry. I really didn’t mean to push you away. I really didn’t know. And when we started to drift apart, I though it was because you were busier. I’m so sorry for hurting you…”

He smiled. “Thank you for forgiving my wrongdoings, Sungyeol-ah. It’s just… I thought that could make you drift further from that Myungsoo guy so that you could be my friend again.”

My expression darkened at the mention of Myungsoo. “Well, I guess your mission was accomplished huh? He’s dead.” My own heart twisted in my chest at my words.

Yonghwa looked down at the floor. “I-I’m sorry, Yeol. I really regret it.”

I just sighed in response.

“Oh yeah Sungyeol, about that L guy…” He started off.

I looked at him expectantly. “What about him?”

“I think he likes you, Yeol.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WOOOOOO Yonghwa is smart, yeah? ;D

Soooooo I need you guys to answer another poll:3

Should I create a story which is dedicated for writing oneshot songfics? cause i feel depressed when i write a oneshot and there aren't many subbies. i understand why, though. So I would like to see subbies:D

Here's the link to the poll :

http://www.asianfanfics.com/poll/aff_view/15474

Please answer it okay!!!

If I'm gonna create this story, then I'll post the Myungyeol oneshot you guys voted for last time in there~~

Thank you guys sooooo much!