Back.

Paradise

hey-yeom:D

This . ok. cliffhanger:P Real plot will start from the next chapter:)

btw, efestione said that when she heard the song "Hello" by Huh Gak, she immediately thought of this story. How sweet<3 I was so touched after allyteoh77's praise^^ splashie_xyt thanks for loving this story~ thanks to all the subscribers. chu~

Read, Comment and Subscribe~

*Myungsoo POV*

I opened my eyes, slowly accustomising myself to the lights around me. I’m back in our house. Sungyeol and my house. Getting off our bed, I ran around, trying to find Yeol. As I reached for the doorknob in an attempt to open the door, only to have my hand pass through it like it wasn’t there. WOAH. What just happened?! Experimentally, I shoved my hand towards the door, and it passed right through. So the movies were accurate…

Anyway, I’d better get back to my main goal : finding Sungyeol. “YEOL! SUNSHINE! HONEY! YEOBO! JAGIYA! CHODING!” I shouted while checking each room, but then I remembered that he wouldn’t be able to hear me. Great. Just then, I heard some light snoring coming from the living room. I would recognize those cute snores anywhere. I ran towards the living room, but my heart broke at what I saw.

Sungyeol was lying with his back against the couch, tissues surrounding him, just as I had seen him in Bryce’s crystal ball. But he was already fast asleep, probably tired out from all the crying. In his hands were the picture and the couple ring I gave him on our first anniversary. A tear slid out of my eye as I recalled the happy times we had that day. I sighed, knowing that those days would never be relived again.

“Sungyeol-ah…” I called out, reaching out to his face, but my hand but fell right through. I groaned. Right. I’m a spirit now. Gotta get used to that… I couldn’t do anything but just gaze at him with tears in my eyes, sitting next to him even though he isn’t aware of my presence, and just watch over him in his sleep.

“Myungsoo… gajima…” I heard him mutter, head thrashing from side to side. My heart ached, seeing him in pain like that. He grunted from time to time, frowning and muttering to himself in his sleep. He was probably having a nightmare. About me.

I cringed, almost feeling his pain. I watched over him as he slept, praying that he would not have anymore nightmares, but it seems like that wasn’t what was planned for him. He woke up eventually, with cold sweat pouring from his forehead. For a split second, he seemed to be peaceful. But then he remembered that I was gone. And he became lifeless again.

Sungyeol-ah… I don’t want to be apart from you either. But there’s nothing we can do that can undo what has already been done. Please. Be happy, even when I’m not by your side…

I just watched helplessly as he shuffled around like a zombie, getting ready for school. I wanted to cry out loud, scream at him to get to his senses, but I knew that my efforts would be in vain. No matter how hard I screamed or called out for him, he wouldn’t be able to hear me.

Since I was given this opportunity to look after my loved ones, I decided to follow Yeol to school. See how he was coping.

His backpack slung over one shoulder, he opened the front door, stepping out. Before closing the door again, he looked back and whispered into the house, “I miss you, Myungsoo. Dashi dorawa…”

My heart shattered, hearing his pain-filled voice. I reached out for him once again, but my hand just melted through his back. I smiled bitterly. What have I ever done to deserve this?

Following Sungyeol to school, all I could do was walk beside him, and maybe let him feel my presence, and to make sure he doesn’t do anything stupid. Not that I could stop him even if he did, but at least I could have a peace of mind.

As he walked into the school gates, which just seemed like a washed-out memory to me, I was trailing behind him, telling him all the things I had always wanted to, but never dared to tell him before.

“Sungyeol-ah!” I heard a bunch of guys call out. Ah. Infinite. It was a group of seven guys, friends, which consisted of Sunggyu, Dongwoo, Woohyun, Hoya, Sungjong, Yeollie and of course, ME. We just came up with this cheesy name for fun. Judging by their pitiful glances at Sungyeol, I guessed that Dongwoo had already told them about me. But our maknae Sungjong wasn’t there. Hmm… probably late again, this kid.  

Yeol lifted his head to look at them and smiled weakly. He waved at them and they crowded around him. Only Dongwoo stayed where he was, stunned, And he was looking straight at me.