Taekwondo Battle

The Necklace That Represents Her Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chris and I were on our phones since there was nothing to do. I didn't get any texts or calls and I had no one to talk to. I could talk to Krystal but she could be busy moving to the new house. I remembered I have snacks near my bed, since I get hungry quite easily.

"You hungry?"

"Mmm yeah." Chris puts her hand on my stomach.

"I think I have some chips left, I don't know if Sooyoung ate them all." I go and check and was welcomed by a whole bag of chips.

"Here." I chuck it to Chris.

"Cheers." I get back to my seat.

"Want some?" I grab a whole lot and stuff it in my mouth.

"Man, should we stretch a bit after eating?"

"Oh right the Taekwondo thingy.." I nearly forgot...

For the last hour or so, Chris and I have been stretching our legs, arms. We even warmed up, did push ups, pull ups and I am still so surprised by how much stronger we are to the majority of guys here. Well I'm not sure on that but we are up to the level where we can arm wrestle guys and win. Chris and I have been working on trying to achieve the splits. Chris has done it before, for me the pain comes and goes.

"I'll try it again"

"You can do it, Amber." I slowly go down.

"Oh crap you did it."

"I guess the stretching earlier helped a lot." Chris and I make our way to the water fountain and drank some water. 

I check my watch, 12.55pm. Crap how long have we been doing this.

"Oi, do we have to wear anything specific?"

"I actually don't know." Chris says, wiping .

"I'll call Mr Choi then" I grab my phone and start calling him.

Mr Choi: "Hello?"

Me: "Hey sir, it's Amber."

Mr Choi: "Hey Amber, you making your way to the PAC yet?"

Me: "Uh yeah soon but what do we have to wear?"

Mr Choi: "Haha, anything comfortable. Don't wear jeans though...please."

Me: "Hahaha, yes sir."

Mr Choi: "Just to let you know, well both of you, Chris and you that I'm very proud of you guys. I think of you two as my own children."

Me: "Hahaha, yes sir..thank you."

"Mr Choi: "Good luck, I won't be able to watch as I got a meeting to go to...don't worry it's not about your career this time."

Me: "Ok bye."

"So what did he say?" I look at Chris, fixing her hair inside.

"Anything, just not jeans." I walk in and find some clothes.

I manage to find some simple clothes to fight with. Chris and I looked good even though we didn't have to. I guess since the idols may be watching us. As we walk inside, the PAC started getting filled of girls chatting and laughing. The fangoys were sitting on the floor, getting pumped up for the fight.

Fangoy 1: "I'll win this ."

Fangoy 2: "Pfft in jeans?"

Fangoy 1: "Shut up, these are my lucky jeans."

I look to them in confusion, wondering whether I could win this or not. Suddenly the principal started to Mc, probably because Mr Choi isn't here. 

"HEY GIRLS AND...GIRLS! YOU GUYS HAVING FUN? WELL IT'S TIME TO ASK THE CONTESTANTS SOME QUESTIONS." It seems like the principal isn't as good as a Mc as Mr Choi is. As I see him walk towards us, I realized he was coming to me first.

"Amber Liu, tell us how do you feel." He makes me stand up and face the audience.

"Uh I feel good? Like ready."

"Perfect what would you do if you and your best friend were the last two?" Oh I never thought about that.

I look towards Chris and I can tell she forgot about that, seeing the worried face she has.

"This is still a competition, I'm still going to try." 

"WHOAH~~~~ TIME FOR THE NEXT PERSON." I sit back down and whispered to Chris.

"You know, it doesn't matter if either one of us wins if we verse. The guests already hate us."

"Only 3 of them though.."

"Well those 3 make up all 15."

"Hahahaha." Chris laughs which caught the principals attention.

"WELL CRYSTAL, HOW DO YOU FEEL?"

"Pumped up and ready."

"THAT'S WHAT I LIKE TO HEAR." Chris gives back the microphone and sits back down. 

Minutes passed and the audience suddenly gets louder.

"Fighting~" The audience says.

The match started with Mika and me. I knew I won straight away just by the stance she has. One push and she's down. 

"3...2....1, fight." Mika comes at me.

Knowing that she's just gonna tackle me, I leap frog over her and kick her back, making her fall on the mat. 

"AMBER WINS."

"No surprise there." Chris says a get down.

Fights went passed, it was already 2.30 which means we were here for an hour. Chris has won all of hers and so have I. I got hit in the elbow once wel that was because I needed to trap her but it didn't hurt. Chris didn't get hit but I can tell she's tired. 

"NEXT UP IS AMBER AND CRYSTAL..THE FINAL 2." Before we went up Chris whispered to me.

"I'm too tired, just make it that I lost and go defeat Donghae." I look at her in disbelief.

I honestly wanted a proper, fair fight. I'm actually getting scared by the minute to fight with Donghae. 

"3....2....1...fight." 

"ARGH~" Chris runs towards me, I quickly dodge it.

Chris starts to do a butterfly kick, but not as good to the experienced eye. She didn't do the turn properly leaving me a good place to hit her. I try to hit her so it's not as painful but able to fool everyone else. 

"Sumimasen." I say in Japanese to her and hit her hip making her fall.

"AMBER WINS~" The crowd stand up and claps.

I quickly see if Chris is fine..

"You okay bro?" I didn't get a reply, instead I got a wink, letting me know that she's fine. 

Since the guests weren't here yet, I got myself a drink and a rest. I regained my energy and made it backstage. I remember being here with Krystal when I confessed to her. The rain, it was the perfect moment and I took it. Oh it's 3.15 already? I go back to the PAC and just made it in time. Everyone was g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter