Former Baby V.O.X member Lola Fair releases track

K-News

tumblr_inline_nd44tsWgQb1qzb80b.jpg

Former Baby V.O.X member Lola Fair released a new track today, marking her first return in over 3 years. 

Lola Fair (Yumi Cha), first debuted with Baby V.O.X in 1997 as part of their 1st-generation. However, after their 1st album promotions, she left the group due to health reasons and retired from K-Pop. Since the, she’s started to write for artists such as Kim Bum Soo, BoA, and Girls’ Generation, working on songs from their recent album, “The Boys”

The artist has now revealed a new track, with a statement revealing the thoughts behind it. 

After a long hiatus from creating my own material, I’m pleased to present a new track 3 years in the making. It is a culmination of everything I’ve been through in the last few years. This song is a very personal one, as I wrote it shortly after the passing of my father. In case some of you are not familiar, I come from a kpop background. I will always be grateful and proud of being a part of the kpop movement, but time and age have brought me to a new chapter in my life.

Music is and always will be my passion, but now I am much more aware that there is a value in music that goes above and beyond something that’s just manufactured and sold. Music is my way of communication, as sometimes I find that there are things I want to say that just cannot be said with words. It is also my therapy, a way to cope with the hardships of life. Creation is a necessity in my life. Created in the image of the creator, thus I create.

I’d like to thank everyone of you who I’ve had the blessing to have met in this journey called life. There is a little part of every single one of you in this song. Special thanks to Young-hu Kim Jovan Rangel for the artistic inspiration and support. And Chi Song for the red pill~ this song would never have been made without it