Fan rushes onstage in the middle of IU's performance

K-News

tumblr_inline_nclfw5esiD1r118td.png

A recent incident concerning IU has been reported after a male fan found his way onstage while she was performing on stage.

The popular female soloist recently attended the “2014 Misari 7080 Festival” at Hanam Union Park in Gyeonggi-do on September 27th, performing several tracks including “The Meaning of You,” performed at the request of her fans.

As her performance was nearing its end, a male fan was suddenly seen running onstage and approaching IU, cell phone in hand. The male fan was immediately restrained and taken off stage. While IU calmly finished her performance despite the intrusion, it is clear by fan cams that she was shocked at the sudden appearance.

Following the end of her performance, IU gave an embarrassed smile and thanked her audience for listening.

This event was not found mentioned on any of IU’s fan sites, and has instead, been revealed through various video sites. 

IU finished her remaining performances for the festival without any further similar incidents. 

This type of incident is definitely not the first to be heard, or reported, with fans making their way to the stage and get close to their idols. Over three years ago, a university student was able to make his way onstage while Girls’ Generation’s were performing at the “Angel Price Music Festival,” boldly grabbing Taeyeon in mid-performance offstage. Fortunately, he was stopped by MC Oh Jungtae, Sunny and security from running off with her. 

Source: Newsendorappi2000고동현