Netizens react to Jessica's statement

K-News

image

Since SM Entertainment revealed that Jessica would no longer be part of Girls’ Generation, the buzz around K-Pop has been focused around them. Earlier in the week, we reported on what Netizens had to say about Jessica leaving Girls’ Generation.

Now, NetizenBuzz has posted another article outlining the reactions of NetizenBuzz after Jessica’s statement. 

Check out some of the top comments below. 

Article: 'Rumors of marriage with Tyler Kwon' Jessica promoted 'BLANC' even during SNSD schedules… all of it was PPL?

Source: TV Daily via Nate

1. [+1,841, -331] But as someone who isn’t an SNSD fan, even I’ve noticed that Jessica was never like Sulli who skipped out on music shows, she always attended varieties and other events, and it was quite obvious that she went out of her way to make sure that her business never affected Soshi. SNSD will inevitably end promoting one day as a group so they all have to prepare their individual paths, why should Jessica be expected to go into acting like Yoona and Sooyoung? Why not business? Honestly speaking, Soshi isn’t what they used to be… Taetiseo’s digital ranking went straight down and Mister Mister’s ranking tells all… I understand Jessica’s perspective. I don’t know how much the other members were affected by Jessica’s business but I think the 8 of them need to be more understanding… I just find this situation so funny where they created this image for themselves like they’re sisters but they’re forcing Jessica to choose between SNSD and her business.

2. [+1,457, -115] Journalist ㅋㅋ What’s so wrong with Jessica wearing her own sunglasses at the airport or other events? This is a bit of a stretch…

3. [+1,159, -99] They’re just straight up killing her now ㅋ

Article: Jessica, different from the other members who’ve been ‘kicked out’… What’s the reason for her systematic way of handling it?

Source: Ilgan Sports via Nate

1. [+669, -203] There are a lot of negative articles on Jessica today ㅋ I personally understand Jessica’s perspective. Not that the Soshi members did anything wrong but she’s still someone they’ve spent 15 years with. They could’ve handled it in a way that kept them remembered as a positive girl group. It’s just unfortunate how SM or the members decided to handle it.

2. [+477, -93] Business Generation

Article: Why did Jessica’s ‘counterattack’ not work?

Source: Star Today via Nate

1. [+341, -82] I work in the advertising industry… if Jessica never left SNSD while still getting married and running a fashion business, the other SNSD members would be impacted by the CF deals and sponsorships they’d no longer be receiving. Why would anyone want to sponsor a girl group with a married woman who runs her own fashion business? Jessica should’ve waited until next year if the members agreed to her plans but she didn’t so of course the agency and the members would be negatively impacted by it. Purely from an advertiser’s perspective, Jessica pulled a psycho stunt.