Cha Seungwon reveals his son didn't know about his real father

K-News

image

All charges from the recent paternity lawsuit regarding actor Cha Seungwon and his son, Cha Noah, have been dropped.

On October 5th, a shocking lawsuit made by a man claiming to be Cha Noah’s biological father made way to the media outlets. The man, who is also referred to as Mr. Cho, was suing Cha Seungwon for 1 billion Korean won, (roughly $1 million U.S. dollars) claiming that the actor had been posing as Noah’s real father for the last 22 years, which was hurting his own pride as the biological father.

However, Mr. Cho has dropped the lawsuit and all charges following as of the 8th today.

YG Entertainment revealed an official statement on behalf of the actor stating that Cha Noah was in fact not his birth-son. The agency explained that Cha Seungwon had first met his wife and married her 22 years ago, when she already had a 3 year old son from her previous marriage.

YG Entertainment also went on to say that Cha Seungwon never once regretted his decision (of taking Noah into his own arms) and has all along believed that Noah is his son who was born from his heart.

To the public’s surprise, it was revealed on the 6th by Kim Daeoh, a former magazine journalist, that Cha Seungwon had actually admitted the truth about his and Noah’s relationship 16 years ago during an interview that he had with the actor.

The journalist stated, "When I used to work as a reporter for M&B Magazine in 1998, Cha Seungwon and his wife, Lee Sujin, both admitted to me that Cha Noah wasn’t the actor’s biological son. At the time, their son was only 8 years old. I couldn’t bare revealing that information because I thought of the child’s future. I kept my mouth shut tight."

It has also revealed that journalist Kim Daeoh and Cha Seungwon held a private interview together on the day the lawsuit broke out, in which Cha Seungwon implied that Noah never knew he wasn’t his biological son until this very day.

The actor revealed, "Most importantly, I’m worried about Noah, but he’s very strong and composed. I’m not sure if he knew (the truth about our relationship as father and son) about this before, but this is the first time we have spoken to him (about the issue). This is the first time we actually had to tell him the truth, but Noah was very self-composed and took in the truth quite well. When we told him everything, he was very encouraging and supportive of both me and his mother." 

Upon hearing this great and shocking news, many netizens have praised Cha Seungwon for his heart of gold, saying, “It probably wasn’t easy raising someone else’s child as his own, but I applaud him for the love he has for his family.”

Source: Star News and Sports World