62:

Hero

Korean:
Chinese:
English:

last update:- 9th May 2015
update:- 28th December 2015

Sorry changed font yet again.


[YOUR POV]

As the days were drawing closer and closer you were starting to become more anxious and on more alert then usual and it was getting harder to keep the mask on that you were pretty sure was going to break anytime soon as you look at your reflection in the mirror noticing the many changes in your features from the paleness in your skin if that was even possible, to the dark circles that made you think of Tao which made you grin, to the the most obvious the gaunt and loss of weight which was becoming quite noticeable if you recall Kris's mother pointing out the other evening. But all this was for a purpose you couldn't live each day full of love and happiness when you know there were three young children being held in isolation with no sense of normality, care, fun and most of all love which you know many children there age were living are experiencing at this very moment like yourself and you couldn't bear that thought especially because you are the reason why they are being held captive. With the dwindling days of course you were making arrangement's not that you had anything left to give but as you try to hold it together as you walk to your side of the room where you had hid item's inside that you were yet to finish maybe you were just hoping that you wouldn't have to or hoping that this was all nightmare but you know that it wasn't and more then real and you needed to finish it, knowing this was the best time when both Kris and Yoonho weren't home but it was hard especially with Mr. Lee becoming aware at how recluse you were becoming obviously because your time was short and you wanted to finish the work you were doing and you weren't sure if Mr. Lee had seen your gifts or items that you were leaving behind for your loved ones and of course for the two important men in your life which began with the two letters that was dangling on your neck which you had got made for you.

----------------

The knock's on the door you hear which breaks your moment of heartache as you look at the progress you have done so far as you close up and make sure you quickly fix yourself up.

"Coming"

You say instantly not sure who was at the door.

[MR. LEE]"Min-a you have a visitor?"
"Oh"

You look down at yourself seeing that you were at least decent enough to go downstairs to see who your visitor was you were decent enough in your long sleeved v-neck top obviously since that day you always wear long sleeved item's and a pair of boyfriend cut out jeans and you walk downstairs following Mr. Lee.

"Lee-sshii who is it?"

Lee didn't say who it but you just followed him wondering who could it be and just as you were at the bottom of the stairs you didn't have to question who it was when you hear a familiar voice calling out to you.

[CHANYEOL]"Dongsaeng-ah.... Minnie-ah....."

As you look to see your older brother Chanyeol standing at the door seeing his bright smile and having him in front of you brought so much emotion's you hardly see Chanyeol and you don't know why but you didn't question or care right now but seeing him in front of you, you just ran toward's him to his waiting arm's and as soon as you closed the gap feeing his arm's wrap around your's instantly and with your's circling his waist you felt like you were at home as you lean into Chanyeol's grasp with your head low. You don't know when it started but you were sure you were crying right now and to confirm your moment when you felt Chanyeol tighten his hold on you and when you felt him patting your shoulder also when he also quietly whispered.

[CHANYEOL]"Oh, Minnie-ah what's wrong, I know it's been a long time since we saw each other, oppa is to blame I was too busy, oh Minnie-ah oppa is sorry"

You just listened to Chanyeol hearing his voice was what you needed and you were just happy to see him before you..... you felt Chanyeol loosen his hold on you as you felt Chanyeol lift your chin as you looked up at him was it just you but Chanyeol seemed taller then when you last saw him. Chanyeol wiped the tear's as you smiled at Chanyeol.

"Oppa"

You say as you hugged him again and Chanyeol accepting your hug making you smile brightly.

[end of YOUR POV]

[CHANYEOL POV]

Playing with Theo was really awesome but I really wanted to go and see Min-a and see how she is the last time I saw her was at Maesuk's funeral I wanted to see if she was ok especially with the way I have been feeling lately, feeling sad and withdrawn for some reason but I didn't feel like that personally which lead me to believe that it had to do that it had to with Min-a.

[NANA]"Dean where is Duke?"

English wasn't my forte but I could hear that Nana didn't sound to happy.

[DEAN]"At work, why?"
[NANA]"Why is he holding Chanyeol here hostage?"
[DEAN]"What?"

It sounded like Dean and Nana were having a heated conversation and I know it was about me because hearing my name just now I guessed it had to do with me. I hold my hand's out and Theo came running toward's me as I pick him up and make my way towards Dean and Nana.

"Dean-sshii, Nana-sshii"

I say as the two said people look at my direction and I could tell that I had come at the wrong moment or at the right time depending on the situation but I had to put a stop to there conversation especially if it involves me, I didn't want them to have an argument about me since they have been very hospitable and caring for me when they didn't need to and being here made me feel relaxed and comfortable then when I was at the warehouse with my family.

[DEAN]"Chanyeol-sshii"
[NANA]"Channie"
"Is everything ok?"
[DEAN]"Yes everything's ok"
[NANA]"...."
"Please I hope you are not having an argument because of me being here?"

I say instantly not wanting to stall or anything because it was evident that Dean and Nana were trying not to say anything when I know full well what is going on. When I said that they both looked at me both with different look's one looking anxious and the other looking worried and I know that there had to be more to it.

[NANA]"I am sorry Channie but I was only asking Dean where Duke was"
[DEAN]"Chanyeol we are not having an argument we were just having a disscussion and like Nana said it was because she wanted to know where Duke is"
"......"
[DEAN]"Chanyeol-sshii I know that it is difficult that you are being held her against your will, but Duke has made it clear that if you are spotted outside it could cause many problem's including with the new management at Park. Corp with the media still on alert for you and your family we can't risk it and I trust Duke's judgement with my life as well as my families life and I can agree that you are apart of my family"
"I know and I understand that I truly feel honored that I am apart of your family, and I am not held here against my will I am glad that I am here and I just don't want to make you both feel like me being here is going to ruin your marriage and your life, I can always have Duke-sshii take me somewhere else"
[NANA]"Oh Channie we didn't have this conversation to make you feel like you are a burden to us, I love that you are here and obviously I am not the only one"

As we all look at the bright smile of Theo in my arm's and that was what calmed the situation down which was a relief.

[NANA]"Come on let's go and eat dinner is ready"

We all walked toward's the dining area and we all sat down as I was helping put Theo in his high chair.

[DEAN]"Nana has told me that you want to see Min-a"

I paused in my seat now I know where the discussion was going with Dean and Nana earlier but I haven't said anything to Nana or anyone about my desire to see Min-a it's been awhile even though I saw her last at Maesuk's funeral I had so many year's that I haven't seen my sister and I just wanted to at least see her as much as I can.

[end of CHANYEOL POV]

[KRIS POV]

I stare out at the view from my office with some un-finished business and a few appointment's coming up but I couldn't shake the feeling that I was overcome with, too busy suffering in silence not realising that I wasn't alone in my office.

[DUKE]"Mr. Wu"

I turn immediately in my seat to see Duke standing near the door looking sharp like always with his straighface staring right at me.

"Duke, what can I do for you?"
[DUKE]"Jihyo wanted me to ask if you would like her to bring anything for you for lunch as everyone is heading out?"
"No I am ok"
[DUKE]"I will let her know, Mr. Wu"
"Duke"

Duke stall's and look's right back at me.

"Go"
[DUKE]"Mr. Wu?"
"Go and have lunch with Jihyo I will be fine here I am not going anywhere I will be in my office when you get back?"
[DUKE]"No that's ok, I will stay someone need's to be here"
"Hey I will be fine"

I could see that Duke was looking reluctant and not sure what to do but I could see in his eye's that he was going to stay but I know with Duke working so much not here being my bodyguard but also with his other job which I reluctantly found out when Duke came to see me about working here not only as my bodyguard but here in Seoul.

"Duke go"

I say more in a affirmitive tone hoping he would get the idea.

[DUKE]"I will call someone to be here with you, then I will go"
"If that is the only way you would go then that should be ok, but seriously I will be ok if you want you can lock me up in my own office just to give you satisfaction"

I think that might have worked and the look on Duke's face was pretty clear that he was taking this seriously despite me trying to soothe the obvious tension radiating from Duke's features.

[DUKE]"Ok, you have my number if anything and no I will not lock you up in your own office"

Duke makes his way out of my office closing the door behind him as I sat there in my own world and with all my own thought's circling around me, I still couldn't shake the feeling that something was not right and this feeling came to me before when Min-a lefted with that I automatically called Lee.

"Lee"
[LEE]"Mr. Wu?"
"How's thing's at home?"
[LEE]"Miss. Yoon is fine she is just up in her room I went to her room she must be asleep I knocked on her door earlier but no answer"
"Is she sick?"
[LEE]"No Mr. Wu not that I am aware off"
"Lee call me if anything change's"
[LEE]"Mr. Wu"

Hearing the slight change in Lee's voice it was obvious he wanted to say something.

"Lee what is it?"
[LEE]"Something seem's different with Miss. Yoon the last few day's?"
"What do you mean?"
[LEE]"Since that afternoon when she went shopping with the young ladies Miss. Yoon has seem more recluse like when she first came to the Wu household?"
"So I am not the only one who has noticed that change in Min-a"
[LEE]"She seems to be ok when young master Yoon is here and when Mr. Wu is here but you are both at School and at Work, I think Miss. Yoon dosen't like being alone"
"I will finish off here and I will come home"
[LEE]"Mr. Wu?"
"I have an idea, I will call Dean"

I hanged up and I called Dean straight away.

"Dean"
[DEAN]"Hey Kris what can I do for you?"
"Where are you?"
[DEAN]"Just in my office"
"I thought you were gone for lunch?"
[DEAN]"No just got some paperwork to look at, ok Kris why are you calling me?"
"Chanyeol?"
[DEAN]"Oh he's at home with Nana, he's doing ok?"
"I was calling if you have Chanyeol's number or some way for me to call him?"
[DEAN]"You can call Nana's phone unless?"
"No that's ok I will call Nana, I just want to ask Chanyeol something it won't be to long?"
[DEAN]"Has this got to do with you wanting Chanyeol to go over to you house to keep your girlfriend company?"

Hearing the slight playful tone in Dean's voice was obvious that he was trying to bait me.

[DEAN]"Ok I got you, wait I will call Nana and see what they are doing ok and I will get back to you?"
"Ok"
[DEAN]"Wait is the Kris I am talking to [laughing]"
"Hahaha funny, your lucky I have a truckload of work or I would be down at your office....."

I was about to finish off what I was going to say to Dean but I lost my train of thought when I see this man standing in my office looking like he was going to kill me with the glare in his eyes.

"I gotta go...."

I say as I put my phone down still on the line with Dean but the volume down so the man standing here wouldn't know that I didn't really hang up.

[end of KRIS POV]

[DEAN POV]

Finalising the paperwork that I was working on looking at my screen I hear my phone ringing not my office phone my mobile phone I look at the caller and it was Kris my boss and friend Kris asking normal everyday question's which I knew Kris was only stalling knowing that there was something he wanted to ask and when he finally said what he wanted which was to do with Chanyeol I knew that he was worried for Min-a. Which was getting evident with each passing day noticing the change in Kris's behaviour was anything to go by, not that Kris's work was suffering at all but Kris was getting back to that time when Min-a left his house with no word.

"Wait is this Kris I am talking to"

I say whilst laughing maybe because the Kris I know wouldn't agree to something so quickly like that normally he would counteract with a snark remark but just a simple ok that was something I should have recorded. It was quite unusual to have this kind of relationship/ friendship with my boss but since being his P.A and getting to know Kris like this and now becoming really good friends and now working alongside him was really cool.

[KRIS]"Hahaha funny, your lucky I have a truckload of work or I would be down at your office....."

Now that is the Kris I know and then hearing Kris stall which took me by surprise but I sat there waiting for Kris to finish off his smart remark but I was surprised yet again when.

"I gotta go...."

I was getting ready to hang up when I heard Kris talk again.

[KRIS]"How did you get in my office"

Which cause me alarm bells in my head I kepted the phone as I dialled my office phone I dialled home first after the conversation we had with Chanyeol at dinner the other night I thought it would be best for Chanyeol to go over to Kris's house and I will take responsiblilty for it from Duke, I know that I wouldn't be listening but thankfully having turn on the app that Duke had done on my phone so it was recording.

[NANA]"Yebeo, how's work?"
"It's ok honey, where is Chanyeol?"
[NANA]"Playing with Theo while I am doing the laundry?"
"Can you give the phone to Chanyeol"

---------------

[CHANYEOL]"Dean-sshii"
"I have made arrangement's and I know that you are really keen to go and see Min-a, so I am going to ask Nana to take you to Kris's house and you can spend the day with Min-a at the house?"
[CHANYEOL]"But what about Duke-sshii"
"Don't worry I have sorted it out"
[CHANYEOL]"Thank you Dean-sshii it mean's so much that you have done this for me"
"That's ok Chanyeol-sshii, can you get Nana back on the phone?"

---------------

[NANA]"Yebeo that was really sweet of you, seeing Channie's reaction was worth the heated discussion, I am sorry yebeo if I was partly to blame for you being angry?"
"Honey I will never be angry at you, I know how big your heart is and I should have known that so don't apologise for anything ok and that is one of the reason's why I love you honey"
[NANA]"Aww yeobeo"
"Is it ok if you can take Chanyeol to Kris's house?"
[NANA]"Of course"
"What will you do for the rest of the day you and Theo?"
[NANA]"Might go out?"
"Can you promise me that you will go with Odette just to give me peace of mind that you are not by yourself?"
[NANA]"I will see if she is busy?"
"Please call me if she is not?"
[NANA]"Why?"
"I have to go I have Kris in my office?"
[NANA]"Ok yebeo, I love you and say hi to Kris from us?"
"Of course I love you to, make sure?"
[NANA]"Yes I will send Chanyeol off and call Odette, go before Kris get's angry"

I hang up seeing that the app was still working. What would I do without Duke, speaking of which I called Duke.

[DUKE]"Dean, what's up?"
"Where are you?"
[DUKE]"Out for lunch...."

I hear laughing going on then I heard....

[WOMEN'S VOICE]"Duke, I know your struggling with reading hangul but I hope what I ordered for you is ok?"
"Wait is the Jihyo, bro are you out for lunch with Jihyo"

I was straying away from the task at hand.

"Well I am sorry bro but you need to get back to the office?"
[DUKE]"Why what's going on?"
"I am calling you from my office because my mobile is busy"
[DUKE]"Dude what are you trying to say"
"I only heard a little bit of the conversation because I was busy but I have activated the app, but all I heard was Kris's voice saying..."How did you get in my office" I was going to make my way there after hanging up on you with my phone in my pocket to check on what s going on and who is in the office and if Kris is ok?"
[DUKE]"I am on my way, don't go near the office or be seen ok just keep an eye out and I will get there a.s.a.p"

Duke hang's up leaving me no choice.

-----------------

I stand inside the conference room hiding not to far from Kris's office obviously missing a lot of the conversation as I stood there looking at the confrontation suddenly before I could do or think of something I see that the man wasn't alone seeing the two men holding Kris which was obvious what they were going to do next, I was moving toward's the office and I see the men punch Kris on the ribs which I had no choice I ran toward's the office opening the door and I don't know where the adrenline came from but suddenly the two guy's that were holding him came running at me and I was fighting with the two guys whilst I was busy with them I could see at the corner of my the man collaring Kris and I saw something shining and the next I lose focus as I see Kris falling at a heap on the floor and the man coming towards me already knocking the other two on the floor as I look at the man in front of me and he looked like an everyday kind of person all that training that I got from Duke came in handy. Seeing Kris on the floor seeing blood I felt so much anger inside of me as I ran towards the man as I started punching him with him also coming at me as well with me trying to avoid the knife in his hand making sure I was hurting him at the same time before I knew it everything stopped as I see the man looking behind me and I turn around to see what got his attention and before I knew it I out.

[end of DEAN'S POV]

[YOUR POV]

You were still in Chanyeol's arm's since he came in which you would continue on if it wasn't Chanyeol breaking the moment.

[CHANYEOL]"Minne-ah oppa can't breathe"

You loosen you hold on Chanyeol as you see him smiling at you with you also mirroring his reaction smiling brightly at him.

"Mian oppa"
[CHANYEOL]"It's ok oppa is happy that you miss me just as much as I miis you"

You look at Chanyeol.

[MR. LEE]"Mr. Park, Miss. Yoon, lunch is prepared"

You hear a sound and you were sure it wasnt you and then you look at Chanyeol and that's when you see him lightly blushing and you knew it was Chanyeol that was hungry which made you smile at him. You grab his hand and you lead him to the dining room and see the spread that Mr. Lee had prepared for the both of you.

[CHANYEOL]"Whua....."

Chanyeol sits down with you next to him and he starts digging into the food you look at Mr. Lee.

[MR. LEE]"You spend some time alone with your brother I will be doing some thing's ok, don't worry I won't go in you room, because it's always clean so don't worry ok"

You smiled at Mr. Lee and he lefted you alone with Chanyeol as you stared at Chanyeol eating the food really cutely making you think of Maesuk and Yoonho when they were little, you just smiled and stared at Chanyeol, finally Chanyeol noticing you look at him.

[CHANYEOL]"Wae?"
"Ani oppa you just look really cute"
[CHANYEOL]"Aye......"
"Oppa, I am just happy"

[CHANYEOL]"I know me too, but Minnie-ah you have to eat with oppa"

You couldn't help it but Chanyeol was just to cute and you weren't hungry at all.

"Oppa but I am not hungry"
[CHANYEOL]"Oppa won't be happy, if you don't eat with me and oppa is worried about you?"
"Why?"
[CHANYEOL]"When you walked in oppa wasn't happy you looked sickly oppa was getting angry at hyung wondering if he hasn't been look after my dongsaeng"
"Ani Kris has been more then an angel oppa, I am ok"
[CHANYEOL]"Ok, oppa will stop harping you if you eat with me"
"Ok oppa"

You say as you start putting food in your plate as you start to eat slowly your stomach sore from the intrusion of food its been days since you last eaten you masked the pain but it was to late.

[CHANYEOL]"Minnie-ah gwaenchan-ha?"
"Ye oppa"

You ate your food still you drank water to help the food go down but it was worth the pain seeing that Chanyeol was eating happily and you just continued on until you both finished you started to clear up the dishes and Chanyeol helping out which was nice inbetween the silence and sounds of dishes being washed and dried you listened to Chanyeol talking about his life which was really awesome hearing the many stories of his time from school to his group of friends which was really nice. The both of you in the family room still listening to Chaneyol his vibe is really captivating you thought of it as 'Happy Virus' which was what you were feeling right now.

[CHANYEOL]"I am happy that I have found you Minnie-ah"
"Me too oppa"
[CHANYEOL]"It feels like I am a whole"
"What do you mean oppa"
[CHANYEOL]"Since forever I always felt like something was missing, all the dreams I had of a little girl calling out to me has always haunted me, and now I know who that little girls was and it was you, oppa is so sorry that I couldn't help you when the man had taken you away from us"

You notice Chanyeol started to tear up making you tear up.

"Oppa, don't cry"

You close the gap and wipe Chanyeol's tears touching his cheek and be closer to Chanyeol you could see the guilt in his eyes, before you could think of trying to make Chanyeol not cry Chanyeol hugs you tightly.

[CHANYEOL]"Oppa is just sorry"
"Oppa it's ok, I am happy with my life"
[CHANYEOL]"Me too"
"I am more happier that we found each other"
[CHANYEOL]"Can you tell me about how....."
"My life before today?"
[CHANYEOL]"It's ok if you can't"

You look at Chanyeol as he loosens his hold on you as you sit back with  cushion in your hold as you began to tell Chanyeol about what happened that fateful day....

"I was walking around crying.... when I was walking around there was this really pretty lady and she called out to me but I was to scared.... she had a lollipop and I was so hungry that I went to the pretty lady her name was Gaeun-ahjumma.... she was so nice she gave me the lollipop.... she asked me what my name was and I told her but I couldn't remember my last name.... she opened her arm's and I ran to her and she hugged me she smelled so nice and her hug was really warm.... she took me to this big house and it had a playground....."

You kepted on talking about the fun times you had at the orphanage .

"Gaeun became my mummy a year after she found me she tried searching for my family but nothing she adopted me as her own daughter and I was happy because I had a mum and a dad."
[CHANYEOL]"Where is your dad?"
"Dad..... he died"

[CHANYEOL]"How?"
"It was my 4th birthday at the orphanage and it was my 2nd time I was going to have my birthday with my parents which I was so excited I was waiting for dad to come home I was so excited to see dad he was always busy. I was waiting for dad in my dress that he had brought for me to wear for my birthday party, I held onto the picture I had drawn for dad and I was waiting with a smile, I was starting to get sleepy.... I woke up in my room wondering did dad take me to my room I ran downstairs and I couldn't find dad.... I saw mum and I couldn't understand what was going on and then few day's later mum took me to this place and I saw my dad's picture smiling at me with flowers around the picture..... that's when mum told me dad died a hero.... later finding out what happened my dad did die as a hero mum later told me what happened to dad, dad did go and pick up my birthday cake but as he was walking towards the cake he heard screaming and thats when he saw a man beating this women in an alley and dad being dad went to sort out the problem. Mum told me that dad did save the women who was badly hurt mentally and physically but he got shot 3 times in the chest but the police managed to get there and they shot the man at the same time dad got shot.... and by some sick joke my birthday cake was inches from where dad was"
[CHANYEOL]"Oh Minnie-ah I am sorry"
"It's ok, I know that dad is at a safe place now...."

You continued your story of how you were older and going to school and working part time at the orphanage to help Gaeun alongside the staff who were like your older brothers and sister which was really nice and how you then meet Yoonho and then Maesuk and all the happier times which was really nice it was like you were going through memory lane as you spoke about it with Chanyeol.

[CHANYEOL]"How did Yoonho-ah and Maesuk-ah become your children?"
"At the orphanage we always had a day where potential parent's would visit the orphanage where they would come and see the children I was a high schooler so I understood the process, they would look at the kids and when they saw a child they liked that was when they would start the adoption process which worked out for many children but there were always some that were fortunate and Yoonho who was a healthy young boy and was a little older no-one wanted to adopt him because they saw that Yoonho was too much with his constant energy and during the interviewing process he would always get smart not in a bad way but Yoonho was to intelligent for a kid his age. Whereas Maesuk was the opposite of Yoonho, Maesuk was more quiet, recluse and a sickly child which I didn't know at all until.... and I was at school I got a call from mum that Maesuk was having a meltdown so I rushed home and that's when I saw both boy's on the playground Yoonho hugging Maesuk I ran towards them not caring that I was in my school uniform and it was cold out hearing Maesuk crying was heart wrenching it gave me flashbacks of when I was alone and lost.... overhearing the two boys talking about no one wanting them and of course in the heat of the moment and because I cared for the two boys too much that's when I made a promise to them that I would adopt the two boy's and that they wouldn't have to have stress at all because they have a mother which was me and just to have fun and that they would never have to worry about anything again......"
[CHANYEOL]"I can see that Yoonho and Maesuk loved you like you loved them"
"How?"
[CHANYEOL]"When I first met them when we were at Luhan's that's when we met them and from the way they were I could see that they were raised in a very happy and loving family the way they were with us at that time I didn't know that it was because of you"
"Oppa...."
[CHANYEOL]"It's true, Minnie-ah?"
"Mmm"
[CHANYEOL]"How did you meet hyung?"

You didn't know what to say and the universe must be on your side because you were both interrupted by....

[YOONHO]"Umma....samchoon....."

You both looked at Yoonho who was dressed in his uniform looking dashing and handsome.

[CHANYEOL]"Yoonho-ah...."

You watched Chaneyol stand as Yoonho was running in full force towards Chanyeol which was really sweet as the two were hugging.

[YOONO]"Umma"

Yoonho comes to you as you lowered down and hug him tightly which is something you were never going to forget that was for sure.

[CHANYEOL]"How was school?"
"Yeah Yoonho, how is school?"
[YOONHO]"It was cool umma, samchoon I didn't know that you went to the same school like me?"
[CHANYEOL]"Yeah I went to that school with all my friends?"
"Yeah I saw a photo of appa, and all my samchoon's"
[CHANYEOL]"That was where we all became friends"
"Yoonho-ah stay here with Chanyeol, I am just going to the bathroom ok?"
[YOONHO]"Ok umma"

You leave the two alone as you rush to your room why because you felt some pain in your adominal area and so you could wipe the tears that were forming from the beautiful sight of your older brother hugging you son and you didnt want to scare Yoonho as you walked into the bathroom you take your shirt off so you could check if everything was ok your body seemed to be through alot with all the battle scars some reminding of when you had gotten them from the beginning where you couldn't help but feel blessed because you wouldn't have met Kris and his friends which made you life so happier not just for yourself but also for your boys and all those inbetween to your recent one as you touch your shoulde with the reminder covered with a large bandage not wanting to see it all these last few days that you were sharing with your loved ones. Not realising that you had tears slowly forming and sliding down your gaunt cheeks also not realising that you were no longer alone as you hear are familiar deep voice near you.

[CHANYEOL]"Minnie-ah"

You didn't realise that Chanyeol followed you towards the room.

[CHANYEOL]"What happened to you?"
"Why?"
[CHANYEOL]"Yoonho told me to come and see if you were ok, Yoonho told me you only rush off when you in pain and I didn't realise what he meant and now I know why?"

You see the tortured look in his eyes they say a picture says a thousand word's and looking at Chanyeol you know there was one that was overiding all of them before you could open your mouth Chanyeol closes the gap and hugs you like he was afraid that he wasn't going to see you again feeling your brothers grip around you like you were a broken peice of china you couldn't help but wonder how he would react when the inevitable comes.

[MR.LEE]"Sorry, Mr. Park, Miss. Yoon"
[CHANYEOL]"Mr. Lee"

You looked at Mr. Lee and he looked like he was going to cry or had been crying.

"It's Kris"

You say automatically not caring that you were only in your sports bra and that you were in Chanyeol's arms seconds ago.

"What happened?"
[CHANYEOL]"What's happened to hyung?"
[MR. LEE]"Ken is here with Mr. and Mrs. Wu to pick the three of you up?"
"Where is Yoonho?"
[MR. LEE]"He is with Mr. and Mrs. Wu they are waiting for you to make way to the hospital"
"This is my fault"
[MR. LEE]"What?"
[CHANYEOL]"How can it be your fault you are just blaming yourself for something you had no part in, Lee-sshii can you go and let Mr. and Mrs. Wu know that we are on our way down, I will help Min-a and we will come right away"

The door closes as Chanyeol was helping you up not realising that you collapsed on the floor with so much emotions coming at you in full force you knew it was your fault because days were getting close and you know that they would give you are reminder. Chanyeol picked you up and you just stood there as Chanyeol had put your top back on and he went behind you and he tied your hair up in a ponytail and he grabbed your bag and he looked right at you and wiped the already fallen tears.

[CHANYEOL]"Minnie-ah, don't keep it inside ok, oppa is here for you ok?"

You just stood there as Chanyeol was helping you downstairs and you see Yoonho with Mr. and Mrs Wu and you could see they were also worried and suffering as well but you could see they were keeping a strong front for Yoonho but when Mrs. Wu looked at you she broke her front as a tear dropped when she saw you, she let go of Yoonho who went to Mr. Wu and she walked towards you and Chanyeol and she hugged you.

[MRS. WU]"Hey Min-a it's going to be ok, Kris will be ok?"
"I'm sorry"
[CHANYEOL]"Mr. Wu, Mrs. Wu"
[MRS. WU]"Min-a why are you saying sorry"
[YOONHO]"Umma whats wrong?"
[MR. WU]"Min-a come here?"

You walked to Mr. Wu and you could see that he was holding it to his son was hurt and you know that he was feeling just as much emotions as everyone else but he held it in keeping that strong front for you all.

[MR. WU]"Come here?"

You were shocked when Mr. Wu hugged you as well .

[MR. WU]"My son is a fighter it's going to be ok. You know we have to be strong for my son and also we can't worry Yoonho as well"
"I'm sorry Mr. Wu"
[MR. WU]"I know you really care for my son like we do, and how many times have I said to call me dad my dear, and one way to make sure that my son is ok if you look after yourself as well"
"I'm sorry dad"
[MR.WU]"See that's better, are you going to be strong?"
"Yes dad"
[MR WU]"Ok then lets go"

You all followed with Yoonho holding your hand as you see 3 black range rovers that was waiting for you all with 1 rover in front and 1 at the back as you all jumped in the middle one which you all sat comfortably with Mr. and Mrs. Wu sitting with Yoonho between them and the opposite side with Chanyeol and you sitting next to each other you weren't going to break you were going to hold on like Mr. Wu had said.

[end of YOUR POV]

[AUTHOR POV]

Duke leaving a speechless Jihyo with the food Duke leaving a wad of money as he runs towards the Wu Industries where he shouldn't have lefted Kris at the company alone well not alone but still he lefted his post because he was selfish he wanted to spend time with Jihyo and look what happened.

"Cam"
[CAM]"Duke"
"Where are you?"
[CAM]"At headquarters with Sarge and Detectives Inguk and Jihoo why whats up?"
"I need you all to come to Wu Industries I am on my way there now?"
[CAM]"We are on our way, why?"
"There has been an incident"
[SARGE]"Where were you?"
"I was out"

Duke hanging up without anything to say but heavy breathing as he was running towards Wu Industries with nothing in sight but the end game. Duke reaches the company knowing that majority of the employee's were out for lunch leaving the security guards at the front and first floor of the company Duke walking in normally no sign of heavy breathing or sweat. He walks in to see the both guards were on the ground Duke rushing to there aide and seeing that they were only knocked out Duke making his way towards the stairs not wanting to use the elevator to give the whoever was in the company any signs that they weren't the only one here. Duke getting into stealth mode with his Sig Sauer p226 in his grasp as he sweeps the stairs like the wind with his training scoping the entire area as he goes not wasting his time checking each floor knowing that they would be on the first floor, at the same time Sarge, Cam, Inguk and Jihoo make it to the company and they see the same thing that Duke saw awhile ago.

[CAM]"I will take the stairs"
[SARGE]"If I know Duke he is scoping the stairs, each of us will check each floor, Duke would scope through his way coming from the stairs?"
[CAM]"How do you know?"
[SARGE]"I have heard alot about Duke and I have read his reports so he won't go for the obvious, we will check each floor on the way up, no sound at all, Jihoo Inguk 2 minute flat on each floor"

Each member made there way scoping each floor making there way up to the first floor where Duke was almost reaching, Duke coming from another area that not many would know coming from the back instead as he walked through the first floor Duke checking each room with 0.05 seconds each time hearing noise coming from the front Duke get's behind the noise already in killer mode Duke moves stealthly getting behind the noise he stands up with his Sig Sauer p226 and each step finally seeing the sound he walks calmly putting his gun on the back of the head and with the sound of his gun the three men look behind them to see Duke pointing his gun at Detective Inguk.

[end of AUTHOR POV]

[DUKE POV]

I was in killer mode that I didn't realise that I was pointing my gun on one of my team until I see Cam loosen his grip on his weapon AT-14 Compact which was dangling in his hand Dectective Inguk and Detective Jihoo both with there Glock 22 pointing there gun at me Cam stopping them obviously reluctant to loosen there grip until I dropped my Sig Sauer p226 which they all relaxed and then Sarge looked at me and started doing hand signals and formulated a plan with me taking point I lead them as we all were scoping our surroundings and finally hearing the disturbance which was clearly coming from Kris's office.

----------

I almost froze in my spot as I saw the bodies on the ground noticing Kris was one of the bodies which caught my attention but what caught my attention was see Dean looking at our direction but I could see that his eye's were looking glassy which I knew he was going to black out or he was losing alot of blood I rushed inside as Dean was falling and I reached before he fell and there was pure hatered in my eye as I laid Dean softly rushing to the guy spear tackling him down ignoring the pain on my side from him stabbing his knife on my side as I got him down and grabbed the knife off him and I was doing fancy knife moves before getting it at the right angle the guy pleading for me to not hurt him but I couldn't care less as I was getting ready to smash it to his beating heart I get bold over by sarge as Cam was holding the guy down. Seeing Dean like that made me so angry with myself I was still trying to get to the guy to give him just as much pain as I can give him for what he had done to Dean.

[SARGE]"Duke"

I looked at Sarge with anger in my eyes but I was calming down.

[CAM]"Sarge what do you want us to do"
[SARGE]"Inguk, Jihoo I want you to make the call for the medics and the police to take these thugs we will handle this one here Cam you get him blinded and take him to headquarters"
[INGUK]"What do we tell our superiors"
[SARGE]"That Mr. Wu's and his employee were attacked, and his bodyguard came back in time"
[CAM]"But Duke...."
[SARGE]"He can handle it"
[JIHOO]"Yes sir?"
[SARGE]"Just until Mr. Wu and Mr. Jung wake then we can find out more on what had happened"

I listened calmed down I will handle this for sure, everything was moving in slow motion Sarge and Cam leaving and there was just the three of us left I was assisting Dean whilst Detective Inguk was assisting to Kris's wounds. I should have stayed here instead of going to lunch with Jihyo I should have not listened to Kris and just listened to my intuition.

----------------

[NANA]"Duke it's not your fault"
"........."
[NANA]"Dean will be ok"

".........."
[NANA]"Has someone called Kris's family and Min-a?"
[JIHYO]"Yes I have already called the family they are on there way"
[INGUK]"We have officers stationed and to keep the media at bay until Mr. and Mrs. Wu are here."

I just sat down in a daze just listening to the conversation flowing I just couldn't get the moment out of my head also having the memory of my comrad getting killed on the field awhile ago, hence the reason I lefted the field but here I am having the same feeling. Everywhere I go trouble always follows and my family get hurt this was why I went cold to avoid all of this but because of my own selfishness this happened to Dean I stood up and walked away from everyone here in the waiting room.

[NANA]"Duke...."
[JIHYO]"I will go"

I was standing at the top roof of the hospital the cool air surrounding me but the cool air was doing nothing with intense heat of anger I was feeling inside not just at the situation but more the anger with myself making this situation come to play by my own mistake.

[JIHYO]"Duke"

I hear the voice that could calm the storm raging on inside of me as I stare out at the bustling city beneath me I didn't turn to face Jihyo because I know my walls will break down. Suddenly I feel soft limbs circling around my waist as I could smell the familiar scent.

[JIHYO]"Duke, I know your blaming yourself, I am sorry for pushing you to come with me for lunch knowing that you were against it. Because of my selfishness your best friend Mr. Jung was badly hurt and Mr. Wu was hurt,  but I am not going to lie I am greatful you weren't there"

I can hear the obvious accent inbetween the words.

[JIHYO]"Because it would be you in the room and me worrying with so much worry about you either coming out of it."

Hearing the sincerity in her voice made all my walls that I fought hard to build now were falling like water against a rockface.

[end of DUKE POV]

[YOUR POV]

You could feel Chanyeol at your side trying to comfort you, you were just sitting there straighfaced not wanting to cause Yoonho to panic or worry which was the last thing you wanted but it was hard because you were actually 100% worried for Kris, you blamed yourself because you had this weird feeling that it had to do with you and to confirm that you phone was ringing seeing many missed calls which made you worry. Suddenly your phone rang causing you to jump suddenly which got Chanyeol next to you looking at you with worry.

[CHANYEOL]"Minnie-ah"
"I'm ok, it was just my phone"
[CHANYEOL]"Aren't you going to answer it?"
"Not right now"
[YOONHO]"Umma"

You look at Yoonho who was looking at you with tears in his eyes.

"Oh Yoonho-ah come here"

You hug him tightly feeling his body shake.

[YOONHO]"Is appa going to be ok?"
"Of course you know appa he is a fighter and he won't let anything stop him, remember when we went to Lotte Park with Evangaline and her parents and appa was scared of going on the rollercoster but because umma was sore you couldn't go by yourself so appa had to get over his fear of heights and he went with you on the rollercoster"
[YOONHO]"Yep I remember, appa was really manly and strong when he did that for umma"
"So you know appa will be ok?"
[YOONHO]"Ye umma, but is umma going to be ok?"
"Of course umma will be ok, you know why?"

[YOONHO]"Wae?"
"Beacause umma has Yoonho-ah, samchoon, harabeoji and halmonie"
[YOONHO]"Ok"
[KEN]"Mr. and Mrs. Wu we are now at the hospital we will go through the back because there is alot of media at the front"
[MR. WU]"Yes, thank you Ken"

Hearing Ken announcing that you were now at the hospital made you panic inside of course with Yoonho sitting next to you with his hand in yours which was helping you keep yourself in check. Finally parking up Mr. and Mrs. Wu hoped out of the car first with you following suit and Chanyeol next to you with Yoonho in his arm's which made you feel at ease there was a nurse waiting as you walked in and she bowed at you all and you bowed as well as common sense.

[NURSE]"Mr. and Mrs Wu, if you follow me your son is in our V.I.P room"
"Excuse me"

You say in a quiet and timid voice.

[NURSE]"Ma'am?"

She looked at you like you were at the wrong place at the wrong time but she held her tounge since you came with Mr. and Mrs. Wu but her looks would give it away and thankfully you weren't the only one to spot that.

[MRS. WU]"That is not the way you treat my son's wife considering she is worried for her husband"
[NURSE]"I am sorry I did not mean no disrespect, Mrs. Wu"

You didn't say anything thinking that she was talking to Mrs. Wu and plus you couldn't believe what Mrs. Wu said about you to Kris when that was all false before you could say something you were stopped.

[YOONHO]"Umma I think she is talking to you?"

That's when you realised she was looking at you were put on the spot and you didn't know what to do and Mrs. Wu sensing the same feeling like before but before she could speak you looked at the nurse and bowed back at her.

"It's ok"

The 5 of you walked in tow with the nurse towards the room where you knew Kris would be you were then at a waiting room and that's when you hear.

[NANA]"Min-a"

You looked to see Nana holding a sleeping Theo sitting in one of the seats and you see officers in the area also there was one office that strangly familiar and that's when you reconised who he was.

"Inguk oppa"

You called out and Inguk looked at you.

[INGUK]"Min-a, Yoonho-ah" 

Yoonho jumped down and ran to Inguk and hugged him.

[MR. WU]"Min-a why don't you and Chanyeol go to Mrs. Jung while we stay here and talk to the nurse?"
"No I want to stay with you"
[MRS. WU]"Honey you stay out here ok, we will be fine"
[MR. WU]"Yes go on"

You walked along with Chanyeol who was now holding onto Theo so you could hug Nana.

[NANA]"I am so sorry about Kris?"
"What happened?"
[NANA]"You don't know?"
"No all I heard was Kris was in hospital, where is Dean is in the room with Kris?"
[NANA]"......"
"Nana?"
[NANA]"Dean is in surgery, Kris should be out soon?"
[CHANYEOL+YOONHO+NANA+INGUK]"Minnie-ah, Min-a, Umma"

That was the last thing you heard when you out.

[end of YOUR POV]

[KRIS POV]

I open my eyes and all I see was brightness glaring at me the light seemed familiar.

[MR. WU]"Son..."
[MRS. WU]"Honey...."
[KRYSTAL]"Oppa...."

I started to blink my eyes to focus properly as I look and I see my family sitting there looking at me my mum holding my hand and Krystal holding the other seeing my father standing looking like he was pacing which I sat up straight away feeling a little bit of drowsiness and dizziness hit my body. I was looking for two people that I couldn't see where were they, all the panic of them leaving was coming to me and I was panicing.

[MRS. WU]"Honey, calm down it's ok, it's ok your safe you in hospital, you have just come out of surgery"
[KRYSTAL]"Oppa...."
"I'm ok, what about the company, where is Dean I need him to come straight away so I can talk to him about the company"
[MR. WU]"You don't know what happened?"
"Yes I do remember a bunch of men in my office and the next thing I wake up in here?"
[MR. WU]"Dean is in the middle of surgery as we speak his wife is in the waiting room waiting for him she will come and visit you when Dean is out of surgery"
"What....."

[MR. WU]"Mr Jung had come to save you and he was able to knock out a couple of the men and then he got hurt in the process he has losted just about the same amount of blood like you, his injuries weren't as bad as yours but he will be ok we have him booked in the room next door to you."

I sit up and I feel pain in my entire chest area.

[MRS. WU]"Son you have just come out of surgery and your going to make yourself worst"
[YOONHO]"Appa"

I hear a voice that made my heart settle with relief with worry that they had lefted me even though I appreciated my family being here but there was something about having more like hearing Yoonho's voice booming in the room I watch Yoonho running towards the bed Krystal helping Yoonho up on the bed.

[KRYSTAL]"Yoonho-ah you got to be careful ok?"
[YOONHO]"Ye imo..."
"Yoonho-ah"
[YOONHO]"Appa, I thought you were going to leave me too...."

Seeing the distress in his eyes made me feel guilty but I couldn't understand what he meant about me leaving him too.

"Yoonho where is Min-a?"

I don't know what it was but the room seemed to be tense and not just between myself and Yoonho also noticing the signs on mum and dad's face it was evident there was more to this and I was becoming anxious, frustrated and worried.

[YOONHO]"Umma is over there?"

I noticed that the curtain was drawn which caught my attention not realising that I was alone in this room I looked at mum and dad and the look in there eyes said it all as I tried to get up out of the bed.

[MRS. WU]"Son you need to rest"
"What happened to Min-a?"
[MR. WU]"She collapsed after finding out what happened to you Kris, and the doctor did a check up on her and Kris and it's not looking good?"
"What do you mean?"
[MR. WU]"Krystal can you take Yoonho out of the room he needs something to eat"
[YOONHO]"Appa I don't want to go?"
"Yoonho go with Krystal to grab something to eat and plus you can bring appa something to eat too, you know what is my favourite whereas Krystal dosen't know?"
[YOONHO]"Ok appa"

Krystal had Yoonho hold her hand as the two walk out of the room I glance in the direction of where Min-a was lying down.

[MR. WU]"Kris, Min-a is really not well the doctor said that Min-a hasn't seem to be eating lately there was a large form of blood in her stomach, also the doctor also found an unknown substance that has been injected in her body that has been in her system for quite awhile they are running tests to see how the substance will effect her internal organs. From previous medical records it shows that Min-a has lost a large amount of weight which is also troubling unsure if it is because of the substance, but it shows that the substance wasn't in her system at all throughout until the test this afternoon?"
[MRS. WU]"All we can do is for Min-a to rest and knowing you, you would want her near you so we had organised the shared room alongside a private waiting/family room which we will have Ken stationed here whilst you are here in the hospital"
"No Ken will go home with you  we will be ok, where is my phone?"
[MR. WU]"Why?"
"I need to organise matters at work and I need to get a hold of Jihyo to organise a temporary C.E.O whilst I am in hospital and also to organise Jihyo to send me the important work files that need my attention.... also I need Jihyo to organise a media conference at the company to make sure our shareholders will be put to rest that nothing will change at the company and all matters will be assesed as usual...."
[MR.WU]"Son you don't have to worry about work matter's I will take over for the short time frame that you are here in hospital"
"No dad you are not going to work, I have already have someone in mind so you just take mum, Krystal home with you and if it's ok if you can take Yoonho home with you. Yoonho might want to go home to fetch some things and might want to have his book with him we haven't finished reading the book so he would want someone to read on"
[MRS. WU]"Of course we will take him home"
"Where is my phone, and no dad you are not going to override my decision concerning the company I already have someone in mind who I trust to make sure the company will run and I will oversee matters that would need my attention"

[YOONHO]"Appa we are back and look what we got you it's your favourite"
[KRYSTAL]"Since when was chicken your style oppa?"

I smile at Yoonho it was only recent since I was really into chicken which surprised my family.

"Yoonho, I will eat this after appa still has medicine inside of me which makes appa not able to eat anything yet ok?"
[YOONHO]"Ok appa, it might be cold?"
"It's ok I will still eat it because Yoonho brought it for appa"
[YOONHO]"Ok appa"
"Yoonho it's getting late, you will go home with harabeoji, halmonie and imo ok"
[YOONHO]"I want to stay here with appa and umma"
"It's ok harabeoji and halmonie will bring you tomorrow morning ok, appa wants you to sleep over at harabeoji and halmonie's ok so appa will have peace of mind that Yoonho will be comfortable and warm"
[YOONHO]"Ok appa, you promise appa and umma will be here tomorrow"
"Of course, here we will seal it"

They starting to leave dad was the last one of course.

[MR. WU]"Son how did you become so strong?"
"You raised a strong son dad"
[MR.WU]"Here is your phone, but you need to promise me that you won't overdo it?"
"Dad I don't have a brain injury I will be fine ok, and I will promise"
[MR. WU]"Ken will come home with me but we have the other four who will be stationed outside of your room"
"Dad?"
[MR. WU]"Yes son?"
"Can you open the curtain so I can see Min-a?"
[MR. WU]"But?"
"Please"
[MR. WU]"Ok, and son please look after yourself I know you love her but you have to look after yourself as well ok"

Dad pulled the curtain to the side and I see Min-a lying peacefully on the bed with an I.V drip which gave me the chills but Min-a looked like an angel resting I could watch her forever. I grabbed my phone from the side and I dialled Jihyo straight away while looking at Min-a.

[JIHYO]"Mr. Wu"
"Jihyo, where are you?"
[JIHYO]"Here at the hospital?"
"I can assume that Duke is with you?"
[JIHYO]"Mr. Wu, I..."
"Jihyo I need both Duke and you to come to room"

I say without sounding like I have no consideration because I know that the two would also killing themselves concerning this incident but right now I didn't need them to have those kind of reaction's because they weren't to blame I was playing cupid maybe because I was so happy with my life that I wanted everyone around me to also have that kind of feeling and I know that Duke was taking it pretty rough also because of his best friend was also in hospital. Within seconds later I hear a knock on the door knowing already who it was the door opens and there I see the couple standing at the entrance of the door.

"Jihyo, I need you to back to the office and I want you to assist the authorities and also be there to make sure that all our files and computers are being treated carefully knowing that the police would want to oversee everything. Duke I need you to also assist Jihyo as well with uncertainty if the men who attacked this afternoon wil go back to the company and I don't want Jihyo to be put in the crossfire and also can you please check of any other businessmen that your men would be working with if they also been attacked"
[JIHYO]"Yes Mr. Wu"
[DUKE]"Mr. Wu, I need to apologize"
"Duke no need for you to say anything I need you to focus on the job at hand right now, I will have someone appointed temporary C.E.O and I need to know that I am confident enough for you to continue your post at the company as a bodyguard whilst I am here in hospital, and there is nothing to apologize for you followed my orders."

[DUKE]"Yes sir"
"I want you to know that I consider you apart of my circle and I was just wanted you to feel like you can also live your life beyond being a guard or working for a job and not think of your well being and your family"
[JIHYO]"Mr. Wu"
"Mmm"
[JIHYO]"Mrs. Jung is at the door waiting?"
"Send her through, you know what I am expecting?"

I look at the both of them so they know that I was talking to the both of them and I watch as the both of them walked out at the same time as Mrs. Jung was walking in and I could see that she was going through alot which made me feel so guilty that I was partly to blame for this.

"Nana how is Dean?"
[NANA]"He's ok his surgery was ok, but how are you Kris?"
"Nana I am sorry?"
[NANA]"Hey don't beat yourself up, Dean's injuries weren't as bad as yours and I know you would have done the same for Dean if the roles were reversed"
"Of course, where is my godson?"
[NANA]"He is with your brother-in-law"

I look at Nana seeing the same grin on her face which was a relief that Nana was angry at me and in every case she had an legitmate reason to be. I shook it off what she said and I just looked at Nana.

[NANA]"How is she?"

I noticed Nana looking at Min-a and I knew what she wanted to know but nothing would come out of my mouth.

"I don't know where to start"

I say honestly to Nana because honestly it was true I didn't know where to start before I could say anything we hear a knock at the door to see one of the guards standing at the door walking in.

[GUARD]"Sir you have visitors in the waiting room, and also Mr. and Mrs. Wu's doctor is waiting to run tests?"
[NANA]"I will take that as my queue to leave, Mr. and Mrs. Wu"

I shrugged it off cause I know waht Nana was like .

"Send the doctors through and Nana...."

Nana looks at me.

[NANA]"Mmm"
"Promise me you will come and tell me how Dean is doing no matter the news?"
[NANA]"I promise, but you have to promise me something?"
"What is it?"

Nana comes close to me and she reaches for my hand holding it softly.

[NANA]"That you do something fast, before you know it something like this can happen again to you and I am only saying this because I know how it feels when everything changes?"
"What do you mean?"
[NANA]"You will regret everything if you don't do anything , Dean told me the man you were before to the man you are now especially when you came back from your holiday in Greece Dean said that you seemed more happier and free and I know that it has to do with that special person who you have found who is given you more of a reason to live besides working hard strengthening your empire to it is now. All that would be meaningless when you don't have the chance to do something about it and you know what I am talking about I am not going to force you to hurry because I know how it feels... I will leave that for another time, I better go and check on your godson and Dean"

I watch Nana leave as the doctor's come walking in alongside nurses.

--------------

After the doctor's and nurses making there presence known and the visitors being my friends which I was greatful for having them quite down because Min-a was still sleeping in the same room as me noticing that Chanyeol was sitting next to his baby sister with her hand in his which shouldn't make me jealous because Chanyeol was her older brother but I couldn't help it because I was immobile to hold her hand in mind.

"Suho..."
[SUHO]"Yeah?"
"I know you are busy but there is no-one else I can ask but can you be a temporary C.E.O while I am here I will still do the paperwork and all that but I need someone to be at the office to give our shareholders confirmation that the company is still ok?"
[SUHO]"I will make arrangement's"
"I will have security detail be with you at all times while you are there and the business world know that you are the 3rd top businessmen here?"
[XIUMIN["Yes because the 2nd one is sitting in this room but we have seen the news and apparently the 2nd best is on vacation with his family but yet here he is"
[KAI]"I still can't believe that Kris's girlfriend is Chanyeol's baby sister and the heir to the Park Industries and fortune whoa"
[LAY]"We need to keep this to ourselves especially with Chanyeol"
"Dad has already briefed the staff here to a silent clause contract whilst we are here"
[CHEN]"I don't know what it is but something big is going down don't you think?"
[D.O]"Hyung...."
"What is it D.O?"
[D.O]"I am worried for hyung and eonnie?"
"Everything will be ok?"
[D,O]"If that time is to go by then I don't think so hyung?"
[CHANYEOL]"What do you mean?"
[BAEKHYUN]"When Min-a had left without a trace hyung was like a zombie living, here is a photo of hyung at that time, and unbelievably surprising everyone Min-a was in Seoul the whole time she was at the hospital for month's with Maesuk"
[SEHUN]"Yeah"
[LUHAN]"But hyung is right everything will be ok?"
[TAO]"Yeah dad said that all our families were going to meet tomorrow to sort things since the attack of Kris at the company but besides Chanyeol's dad because like the media and news said that the family is out on vacation and it will be hard to get a hold of them?"
[CHANYEOL]"We will have to get a hold of my dad as well, I know what I have to do but I need to talk to hyung by myself?"
[BAEKHYUN]"Chan what's wrong?"

We were all shocked because the whole time Chanyeol was still in the same spot in the seat next to Min-a her hand in his back facing us even though he spoke but I think we were all shocked at Chanyeol because he wasn't the Chanyeol we were all use to seeing on a daily bases only having the pleasure when we saw Chanyeol in a work demenor hence making him the number 2 businessmen with the commonly known cold dememor and harsh calls.

[CHANYEOL]"I am ok, but Tao is right if all our dad's a meeting about having thing's being sorted out I suggest that our family is there and there is alot to talk about, but I need to talk to Kris alone before I call dad?"
[SUHO]"Why do I have this feeling that Mr. and Mrs. Park dosen't know that Chanyeol is here with us ?"
[BAEKHYUN]"Wait, don't tell me that you ran away from those guys that took you that day Chanyeol and your parent's are looking for you?"
[LUHAN]"What guy's?"
[CHANYEOL]"I will quickly talk to hyung just the two of us and then I will tell you guys ok?"
[TAO]"But hyung?"
[SUHO]"Tao, Chanyeol said he will tell us and he will but let him talk to Kris first ok, it look's important and it gives me opportunity to make arrangements"

I watch as all the guy's leave the room leaving just Chanyeol and myself and now taking notice of Chanyeol seeing him like this felt like he was carrying a heavy burden that he needed to get rid of and I had this feeling that it was right now that Chanyeol was going to let loose which I don't mind but in my state of mind right now I don't know how I will react or consider doing on what the news may be.

[CHANYEOL]"Hyung?"
"Hey Chanyeol, what's wrong?"
[CHANYEOL]"I don't know where to start?"
"If it is about Min-a don't worry she will be ok, I will make sure of that ok?"
[CHANYEOL]"I know hyung...."
"Ok, tell me what is bothering you?"
[CHANYEOL]"Baek is right I did run away from the guy's?"
"What guy's?"

I see Chanyeol avoiding my eye contact which was so obvious that Chanyeol was clearly hiding something really important.

"Ok, I have no idea why you talking all cryptic but whatever you say will be safe ok?"
[CHANYEOL]"I know"

Chanyeol looks at Min-a sighing for a little while and then he looked at me with dread in his eyes giving me chills and from the obvious look he gave to Min-a he clearly didn't want her to know what we may be talking about.

"Ok Chanyeol tell me I am getting anxious and my curiousity is at are all time high"
[CHANYEOL]"It started month's ago, Baekhyun came to visit me at work like every normal day Baekhyun came to visit but this time was different, Baekhyun and I were going to go for lunch. Suddenly all these men coming all dressed in Black Military get up with the armed weapons alongside them come barging into my office and of course Baekhyun was freaking out which is so normal of Baekhyun the men explaining that they work for dad which I found ludacris. Suddenly being waltzed out of the company so fast into waiting brigade of trucks at the front of the company alongside many guys dressed in black with weapons being whisked away to an abandoned warehouse quite a distance away still panicing thinking I was a hostage on some movie. Finding my parents waiting there with alot of the guys and my secretary Yongnam as well was there the second day thats when everything came to light about my father and his undercover agency that he has apparently founded instead of working in the company that I am now C.E.O of which I couldn't understand"

Seeing the heavy breathing coming from Chanyeol it was clear that it was some sort of ordeal and I couldn't blame him, with me having a fair idea after that afternoon Mr. Park had come to visit me that day with the brown file obviously discuss matters about his daughter which I knew he may think I have with me eventually. But Chanyeol didn't know that so I kepted my face straight.

[CHANYEOL]"Also finding the reason of why he formed the agency and also the reason why we were in hiding"

[end of KRIS POV]

[DUKE POV]

After the conversation we had with Kris I knew I had to go and see him about something as I made my way back to the hospital towards the waiting room keeping my surrounding's clear of any unknown person's after the attack my senses were more on high alert like I was on the field the guards let me in and I see Kris's friends all in the waiting room all talking amongst themselves which was fortunate they knew me so there was no hesitation as I stand at the door I open it ajar and thats when I hear the conversation between the two inside.

[end of DUKE POV]

[KRIS POV]

[CHANYEOL]"Also finding the reason of why he formed the agency and also the reason why we were in hiding" 
"What do you mean?"
[CHANYEOL]"You heard about when dad had suddenly had a media conference and stepping down as C.E.O of Park Corp."
"Yeah I remember it send shockwave in the business world"
[CHANYEOL]"Well thats when dad had formed the agency which is pretty unknown to many commoners but well known in the industry?"
"What do you mean what does the agency focus on?"
[CHANYEOL]"They pretty much do it all from small cases like missing persons kind of thing to large scales that I don't know much about but it was largely formed because of Min-a"

We both look at Min-a as confirmation sort of.

"What is the reason of why you and your family hiding instead of being on vacation like the media is saying?"
[CHANYEOL]"Promise me that you won't mention any word about this to anyone I mean anyone not even the guys or your family, do you understand?"
"We don't keep things from each other?"
[CHANYEOL]"Please hyung I don't even know it I want to say anything to you?"
"Wait?"
[CHANYEOL]"I need your word before we even progress?"
"Ok you have my word"
[CHANYEOL]"It all began with my dad and his high school friend who both attended Harvard for there respected majors they were attending. They were close friends even to the part that they were thinking of building the company together, dad's company to be more precised. They were at the earlier stages of the company and building some of the early tests and weapons well they both had formulated some pretty dangerous weapon's which I am not going to name of course I feel like I have already said to much but honestly I feel much better getting this off my shoulders right now...."
"Whoa you have carried all of this for quite awhile, but you never made it show?"
[CHANYEOL]"Pretty much but I do feel better that I have told someone at least before it got to me,  well... dad's friend started to show mistrust and misuse on some of the formula's and weapons that dad got worried and he created some of the codes on the most dangerous items which were unbreakable with each code that dad had created also with that dad had warned his family his wife and children about the dangers that were in store if they stayed with him so dad was getting ready and having everything organised for them to go to a safe haven and with that his friend got angry that dad had warned his family about what he was doing and with that he had placed a very dangerous exploosive on dads private plane he had and without him knowing that the plane that he had placed the explosive was the one that dad had used for his family to transport them to there safe haven and with that he had blamed dad for the death of his family to this day"
"Whoa so this is like a revenge kind of thing but what has that got to do with your dad thinking that there is a terriorist attack and that he may be involved with?"
[CHANYEOL]"Because he said that he knows what he is capable off?"
[DUKE]"I think that we should take this somewhere more private and I suggest that what you have just spoken with Mr. Wu I suggest you relay the same information to my team a.s.a.p from what I have heard I recommend we do something straight away for yourself and your family and of course for the millions of innocent people who will be stuck in the middle of this whole ordeal"

I didn't even notice Duke come waltzing in which surprised not just myself but also Chanyeol looking at his reaction.

"How..."
[DUKE]"Just at this recent part of the conversation I was coming with new information from my team informing me that no other businessmen and important figures have had no attacks such as yourself and you, but I was informed that you were in an important meeting and sorry to say the door was ajar and I could hear everything thankfully I was there so no other civillian would have heard this and thankfully not many can speak nor understand english such as ourselves"
[CHANYEOL]"...."
[DUKE]"Mr. Park I can understand that you don't like the feeling that someone else had listened to what seemed to be a private conversation but with the intel the peices are now starting to match?"
[CHANYEOL]"What do you mean?"

"Duke?"
[DUKE]"I think we need to talk about certain matters but I don't feel like this place is safe for what we are going to discuss and I would like to have all my cards on the table, but right now with Mr. Wu being admitted into hospital I can not farthom Mr. Wu leaving his hospital room at all"
"But this is an important conversation that needs to be said a.s.a.p"
[DUKE]"I agree with you Mr. Wu, but I need to organise certain things, also Jihyo wanted me to inform you Mr. Wu, that the detectives are at the company as we speak doing a thorough investigation on the attack and because your high profile they are taking matters very serious and Jihyo is safe as she amongst the activity, and that she was given word that no files or personal details of clients will be handled outside the company?"
"Thank you, let me know when this conversation will be held as I would like to be there not just to ease my mind but also to be there to supoort Chanyeol"
[DUKE]"I will talk with my superiors and get everything organised and can I make one thing clear?"

We both look at Duke, seeing him so serious which I was use to but the look in his eyes was sure trying to make it clear especially to Chanyeol.

[DUKE]"That you both will no longer talk about this at all until we meet do you understand me?"

We both just nod our head and watch Duke leave my room I can tell that Chanyeol looked relieve but also afraid of what is to come and I can understnad where he is coming from.

[CHANYEOL]"Hyung I am so sorry that I had just put this on you but I know that out of all of the others you will be the only one who will keep it a secret and strong enough to carry something big like this"
"It's ok but next time don't hold back ok"
[CHANYEOL]"laughing"
"Ok, you better grab the guys and then you can all say your part before you leave?"
[CHANYEOL]"Ok"

As soon as Chanyeol left to get the guys I couldn't help but breathe more like sigh at another situation on my shouders but I could understand Chanyeol I glance at Min-a and all my worries seemed to just disappear like that but within seconds it all comes back when I hear the door open and I see the guys walking in and it was evident that they were still unaware what happened moments ago, just as they walked in the universe must have felt it because the nurse came in.

[NURSE]"I am sorry but visiting time is over and we are requesting for all visitors to make there way out, and considering that Mr. Wu and Mrs. Wu need's some rest at the moment, you can all come tomorrow morning"

All the guys all said the byes and last and not least Chanyeol saying bye to Min-a and Suho still next to me.

[SUHO]"Kris I have made arrangements and I will start first thing at Wu Industries ok"
"Thanks Suho sorry for putting you in a bind"
[SUHO]"Hey if the roles were reversed you would do the same for me?"
"Your right"

As the door closes for what felt like the last time I use this chaqnce to get out of bed and as I look down still in my hospital gown which I am going to call mum to bring me set of clothes of course or Lee if possible, but to late for that right now as I walk towards Min-a seeing her peaceful figure just resting it made me notice her features more not that I didn't take notice earlier but features seemed more gauntlike for quite awhile which made more worry I sat on the recliner next to her bed and I just held her hands between mine looking at how big my hands covered her always surprised me as I placed a kiss on her hand as I look at her tiredness seeming to set in as I leaned my head softly against the chair as my eyes start to droop as I fall into slumber.

[end of KRIS POV]


YAY Finally UPDATED.....
Bowing down at you all with my apologies.

I have read all the comment's that I have recieved  and have taken them on board I will try to limit the character mention's and the images loaded on this fic per chapters.
I hope that this chapter would suffice despite the length of time it took to UPDATE.
There is no excuses but it is pretty much because life is so busy my schedule pretty much hectic especially with the new endevors that I may take onboard but will wait and see.... but I will try not to take this long next time to UPDATE.... Next time....
UNTIL THEN.....
I hope everyone had a pretty awesome Christmas and will have an awesome New Year and of course safe Holidays..

[characters:- 58002 words:- 13576]