☁ Footprints

Sehun's Review and Recommendation Café [Closed]
 

 

Review for YuukiHikari// Reviewed by: exoticmermaid

 

Title and Story link:  

Footprints (Ongoing, reviewed with 5 chapters)

 

 

Title: (20/20)

I have a thing for short titles and after reading yours what I had in mind was Taehyung falling for Jungkook in an adorable way and it excites me to read. There's something about the title that made it sound so fluffy and adorable—maybe because the image in my mind is Taehyung following Jungkook like a little lost duck. Not really unique but catchy and fit well so good joob!

 

Overall Appearance: (5/5) 

The current poster is also fluffy just like the title! The shade of pink and orange really showed the love blooming between them. Taehyung looked shy while Jungkook looked kind of cocky. The background is also simple and has this comforting vibe because of the colour pallette—it's also not too eye-catching to distract readers from reading. I also love the quote you put in the poster because it relates to the title and story very well, though it made me think "will Taehyung leave Jungkook someday or vice versa?" Still, both your poster and background are very appealing to see.

 

Description and Foreword: (18/20)

About the description, I think it would be better if you don't repeat the quote you have on the poster—though it's a good one, it's not really nice to read it again, but maybe that's just me.

Again, I have a thing for mysterious, short, foreword! "Because falling for Jungkook was the easiest thing he'd ever done." I just love the sentence. So simple yet there's so many things hidden behind it—making us wonder how easy he fell for Jungkook. Wonderful, really. If I weren't about to review this story and I happened to read this, I would definitely subscribe because so far, so good. The quotes under are also mysterious and fluffy and—well you just got me in this section.

 

Plot: (26/30)

Your story is basically about the meeting of two very different person (in the aspect of personality) yet very similar (since they both lost their parent(s) and both felt lonely inside) at the same time. I'm actually a er for this kind of story, you know, with the highschool!au, the unexpectable main characters and basically fluff.

I love their first meeting slash first chapter though. It's the kind of scene you found in a manga, especially when Jungkook left without knowing Taehyung's name. It's nice how they slowly get to know each other without their friends knowing.

There's no conflict so far, aside from Jungkook's problem in fitting in the new environment after his parents' death. I would like to see more happening in the future, not just fluff and slowly developing romance all the way (though I actually really like it that way, I've been pretty biased so far /sigh).

About your characters' description, well, I must say I'm extremely glad you didn't put it in the foreword because it's a big no-no for me. Revealing the characters in the 'cover' of the story is not really appealing to me, so good job for not doing so. I think the chapter is good already. It makes me think about old literature like where the authors listed all of the characters and their connections towards one another in the story. One thing though, don't EVER write down their personalities or backgrounds in the description—what you do now is already good enough. Let the readers find out by themselves about the characters, because to me, that's one of the joy in reading aside from good plot and nice writing.

 

Originality: (16/20)

I don't find your story really original, though. Like what I've stated above, it's so "manga-like", especially the characters you have. The part where Taehyung met Jungkook and found out about the latter's problem is cliche and predictable, so is the last chapter when Taehyung "saved" Jungkook from the mean girls. I know since it's fluff, there won't be dramatic problems ahead, but a little twist won't hurt anybody.

 

Language: (20/20)

I couldn't believe myself when I found out that your story is flawless in this section, especially after you said that your English is not good and your beta readers are on hiatus. Really—no typos, misused words, wrong grammar, misused punctuation marks or anything. You and your beta-readers are certainly doing a really good job!

 

Writing Style: (18/20)

You have a very nice writing style. It's simple yet enjoyable. You don't use grand words that might be confusing; you don't need to use them to make your story good anyway. It's also pretty detailed, though more detailed writings would be nice to set the mood. I love the way you write down Taehyung's thoughts—it made me feel connected with the characters. Oh, and the way you left us hanging and wondering at the end of the chapters, making us waiting for you to update every single day—I love cliffhangers, so what can I say.

 

Characterization: (27/30)

I have fell for some of your characters since they first appeared, like Taehyung and Sehun. Sure their characters are typical but that's how I like it because they're characters become more human to me that way. Taehyung here as a popular, cool and quiet junior—with a fanclub like in shoujo manga—that's actually feeling kind of dull since his mother's death and her sister's disease, but with a certain person he can turn into a very different person. He's like the type of guy any girls (and some boys) would definitely fell for! I hope there's a little bit more flaws about his character aside from being bipolar—since he's acting differently in front of his friends and Jungkook.

Jungkook, while having the same problem with Taehyung, has a completely different personality. He's bright, cheerful, and he's the type that doesn't like to burden other people with his problems. The type that reminds you of the saying "Sometimes, the saddest person is the one who laughs the most."

Hoseok hasn't really appeared in the story. So far, he's only a character that used to fawn over Taehyung alongside with Luhan (which also hasn't appeared) and according to Taehyung, he's not the nicest senior in the world. You stated in your characters' description that he's a major character, so I'll be waiting for him to appear and get to know his character more through his actions/words.

Sehun, Yoongi, Tao and Chanyeol are the typical annoying but dearly loved best friends.Even though they're just minor characters, I do hope you'll develop their personalities too! It's not fun to have Mary-Sue kind of characters. I wonder why you wrote down that Yoongi is a special but minor character in the characters' description though.

Then there's Ria, the typical annoying little sister. Despite being sick, she keeps on teasing Taehyung in any way possible. And there's their father, Mr.Kim, the type of kind-hearted father that tried so hard to keep up with life since his wife's death just because of his children. He's not very strict and pretty playful.

Basically all of your characters are realistic and fun to know. Remember not to make them too perfect!

 

Flow: (30/30)

 Your story's flow is really nice and smooth since there's no error to make it confusing or long paraghraph to make it boring. The pace is simply perfect, not too slow or too fast. The development in Taehyung and Jungkook's relationship is just like in real life. Splendid job, really. 

 

Reader's Scope/ Overall Enjoyment: (5/5) 

You see, the only K-pop boyband I'm really into is EXO and I pay really small attention to other groups, but I feel like liking BTS because you make the characters interesting. The whole fic is perfect for the one's seeking a nice, fluffy and light story to read on a lazy Sunday. I'm feeling so warmed up now /sigh.

 

Bonus: (+5) 

 

 

Final Score/ Total (190/200) = 95%

 

 

A/N:

Do you have any manga that you like reading? For the umpteenth time it's so manga like and I feel like reading one right now. I'm terribly sorry for the wait and I tried to criticize you, but there's really nothing to criticize about except for the lack of twists.

 

 

**

Credit: Please credit this shop in your description/foreword and leave a comment after viewing this review! Thank you for requesting and Upvoting will be highly appreciated!

 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Thank you for requesting from
 
Sehun's Review & Recommendation Café!