☁ Nuit Blanche

Sehun's Review and Recommendation Café [Closed]

Review for xxlilee // Reviewed by: AutumnsConcierto

 

Title and Story link:  

Nuit Blanche (Ongoing, reviewed with 11 chapters)

 

Title: (20/20)

When I was assigned to read this story, I was immediately intrigued by the title. "What does Nuit Blanche even mean?" was the question that pestered my mind. So I scrolled down in attempt to look for the meaning of nuit blanche, but you didn't give it to me. But, there's google! *hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah -lujah* Sleepless night... ooh, and it originated from French. Interesting, but I hope you'll also include the definition in the description.

 

Overall Appearance: (2/5)

Meh, I wasn't super impressed by the appearance, but it's not bad either. There's no background, and I don't find the poster very appealing. It doesn't convey much of the story to me.

 

Description and Foreword: (17/20)

Description- Well that was tense. It provides me just enough information to satisfy my curiousity, but it still makes me want more. The thought of what could happen, or what possibly happened for Sehun and Qian to get to such a frigid point entertains so many possibilities. Nicely done. However, the downside is the description lacks background/plot details. It didn't set up the story for me because I didn't even know what the story would be about. I could only guess there's a love triangle?

Foreword- More than anything, just an a/n. Is it just me, or when characters are made based upon multiple people personalities make them all the more fun? 

 

Plot: (25/30)

Your story is the combination of everything I love in a story. It's set in high school, there's romance, but it's not all glitz and glamour because there's that addition of angst of mystery. Gah I'm a er with such a combo. 

Aside from that, what a lovely setup. Qian and Jongin's relationship is so childish, they bicker but they're somehow still affectionate towards each other as well. Plus, they depend on the other for moral support and such. It's realistically sweet. These things make me hate my life though, why couldn't I have had a neighbor like Jongin as a kid so we could possibly fall in love? -.- Me and my fantastical brain. 

And then, like most setups, the mysterious new guy comes in! Dun dun dun, in this case, Sehun. He has a cold, poker-faced appearance but he holds some darker secrets. I actually didn't find it a huge surprise when you revealed that he's a gang member with Tao, I've seen it in other stories as well. 

As you can see by how I've written out the plot so far, it's very typical and common in a story categorized with your tags. It's not the most original story I've ever read, but it's very enjoyable and nice to see little twists here and there.

Just patiently waiting for something huge in the plot to happen though, if there's something planned there.

 

Originality: (16/20)

As mentioned earlier in the above section, I don't find your story terribly original. Although, you don't make it obvious, meaning you take those "cliche" elements and turn them into your own.

 

Language: (20/20)

Um, I'm going to be totally honest. While I was reading, I only found maybe two, three mistakes at most. I don't want to go back and look for them, so good job. Normally I'm picky with grammar and such but yours was pretty clean.

 

Writing Style: (18/20)

I enjoy your writing style, you write your sentences with fluency and clarity. You have an extensive range of vocabulary as well, just from reading the description I was drawn to the story which is a definite plus.

 

Characterization: (25/30)

Heehee, I love all of the characters, despite their flaws and little quirks! Qian is unbelievably sassy when needed and she makes a lasting impression, she gives off an all-powerful female protagonist vibe. I am waiting to see what her hidden flaws are though, if she'll have any. But that wouldn't be very fun, would it? No one realistically is perfect after all. Right now, her conflict is just her prissy father so I'd say she still lacks in the development and depth as a character. As for Jongin, I see that crush on your neighbor boy! He may seem annoying and childish at many times, but in the end he's still very much dependable, and probably the most trustworthy person in Qian's life as of now. I love that he has these sides to him, and he knows when to use which. Hopefully he'll start manning up a bit more and act a tiny bit more mature. 

Ooh, Sehun, you mystery boy. I'm still excited to see as to what happened to lead to the Foreword's description, which I'm assuming he likes Qian and he gets jealous that she's with Jongin when it's possibly a point in time he needs her the most. Just a guess. He's sharp and cold, but I'm interested as to what his future holds. Abracadabra, secrets are revealed!

Tao, although he's more of a side character, I like that even though he's a gang member he's a softie. Cute.

I want to see more interactions between the characters to know where all of their relationships are going to go. Since this is romance and I assume will have a love triangle considering the tags and poster, Sehun needs to step up his game because Jongin's definitely had a more heavy impact on Qian considering how he's dealt with her when she's down.

 

Flow: (28/30)

Your writing is smooth and flowing, each sentence and chapter transition well with each other. The pace of the story is pretty much where it should be, although it's just a tad bit slow.

 

Reader's Scope/ Overall Enjoyment (4/5)

Yeah, you know. Just gonna click the subscribe button if I haven't already. 

 

Bonus (+2)

 

Final Score/ Total (177/200) = 88.5%

 

A/N:

Update soon when you come to it or when you have the time! I'm looking forward as to what will happen with the story! <3

 

**

Credit: Please credit this shop in your description/foreword and leave a comment after viewing this review! Thank you for requesting and Upvoting will be highly appreciated!

 

tumblr_mvcxs51z1v1qg1bxbo1_500.gif

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Thank you for requesting from
 
Sehun's Review & Recommendation Café!