Chapter 6

Why we always go out for Bubble Tea

“Jongin… entertain me,” Sehun whined as he rolled around on his best friend’s bed. “I’m bored!”

“Go meet Luhan… I have to do all of that stupid homework,” said best friend told him.

“I can’t! He has exams the next two weeks and he buried himself in his books and doesn’t know anything but studying. He wants to be top of his class or stuff. Why didn’t you finish your homework when we got it?”

“I’m not you! Even though I still don’t know why you decided to care so much for your grades this year.”

“Luhan…”

“I wasn’t talking about Bambi… I was wondering about you studying,” the tanned boy rolled his eyes at Sehun.

“That’s because of Luhan…”

“Oh…”

“He helps me with my homework. And it’s kind of nice to hear him say that I did great when I tell him that I got a good grade at a test.”

“So it’s just to get some kisses? Wow that’s lame. He should just kiss you without you studying,” Jongin noted.

“I don’t get kissed for it. He just smiles in a really cute way and looks like he’s very proud of me.”

“Love must be beautiful,” the snort made his comment less believable.

“And you must be a dork.”

“Why are you guys still not dating? Because even Baek and Yeol said you looked like a couple. Or to say it in Baek’s way: ‘Those two are sweeter than candy but I’m pretty sure they’re ing each other senseless behind our backs’.”

Sehun sat up and looked at Jongin with big eyes. “He said what?”

“You heard me the first time.”

“When did he say that?”

“When we were in the cinema. You and Luhan were busy getting our snacks. And then after the movie they did a bet on when you two are going to be official… I thought you may want to know that.”

“Wow my friends are really nice,” the younger rolled his eyes. “We’re never going to be official because I sure as hell won’t ask Luhan to be my boyfriend.”

“Why not? You like him, he likes you… You guys spend way too much time being all lovey-dovey in front of me and it’s easy like that,” Jongin had given up on his homework by now and looked at him.

“And what should I say? ‘Luhan… I know I still don’t know if you just see me as some toy or not… But would you maybe be my boyfriend?’ Sounds awesome to me…”

“Sehun… If he’d see you as a toy he wouldn’t hold your hand while watching movies and he wouldn’t try to kiss you when he thinks I’m not looking. And he would definitely haven’t agreed on going out with Chanyeol and Beakhyun the second time we went to see a movie.”

“That part with the devil-twins sounds pretty true to me,” he had to admit. “He must have had the shock of his life after meeting them for the first time. Even though he and Baekhyun seem to get along just fine when Chanyeol’s not around.”

“When was Chanyeol not around?”

“When you dragged him to the toilet because you were afraid of going there alone… You know… Luhan sings, Baek likes to sing…”

“And you wished I would have dragged you along as well?”

“No. I enjoy watching Luhan when he speaks about singing. His whole face just lights up.”

“You’re a creep!”

“So are you! Are you ever going to talk to that girl you’ve been staring at for the last six weeks?” Sehun really didn’t want to be the topic of their conversation anymore and he was interested in that. It would be nice if Jongin found himself a girlfriend.

“Not gonna happen, dude,” his best friend crushed his hopes of double dates.

“Why? She looks cute and seems to be nice,” he tried to encourage him.

“She has a boyfriend. And I’d rather not get into a fight with the captain of our school’s football team, thank you very much.”

“Sounds healthier to me. But why do you have to have a crush on that guy’s girlfriend? There are tons of pretty girls in our school.”

“Not interested.”

“There are some cute guys as well! And we have some really hot ones in our dancing group.”

“I’m still not gay, Sehun,” his best friend laughed.

“I won’t give up. You’ll see that guys are way better one day,” Sehun promised.

“Until then I’m going to keep looking at girls…”

“That seems only fair to me.”

“Back to you and Bambi… When are you going to see him again?”

“After his exams are done. He said something about the first of November, Why?”

“Because I already know that I won’t get anything for school done until then.”

“What do you do when I’m at home working on that stuff?”

“Being an to both of my sisters, roaming the fridge and watching .”

“I’ll just ignore the last one. And leave your sisters alone. They’re both really nice people that deserve their peace.”

“You don’t have to live with them when they’re on their period.”

“Another reason not to date girls. I’ve always known they only meant trouble. By the way… Luhan wanted to know if Baek and Yeol were dating… They’re not, are they?”

Jongin nearly fell of his chair laughing. “Hell no! That would be the weirdest thing ever! And Yeol’s still with his girlfriend.”

“Which girlfriend?”

“The one he got together with two years ago?”

“The pretty one?”

“Yep!”

“Why is she never coming with us anymore?”

“She’s in Japan for this semester. Did you not listen to Chanyeol whining about missing her every lunch break?”

“No… I prefer to use that time to think about Luhan…”

“You’re a lost case. Just ask him to be your boyfriend already.”

“What if he doesn’t want to be? I’ll wait for him to ask… And now stop talking about our non-existing relationships and give me some of the chips I know you have somewhere in this room!”

“You’re the worst.”

“And you love me!”

 

 

~~~~*~~~~

 

 

Luhan had sent him a text that said to be at the bubble tea shop on the first of November at exactly three o’clock because that was when he finally had time for him again. Sehun had visited his brother’s girlfriend again – seemed like she was going to stay for a while – to get his hair cut because he hadn’t even been able to see anything anymore and it was back to its original color since his mother hadn’t been too fond of the highlights he’d gotten last time.

He nearly jumped a meter when there suddenly were hands in front of his eyes. He heard someone snickering behind him.

“I’m sorry! I didn’t mean to scare you,” Luhan said when he took his hands away and stood in front of Sehun. “Nice hair.”

“Thanks,” he smile down at Luhan. “My mum didn’t like it before.”

“I like it either way! Have you been waiting for a long time?”

Sehun shook his head and brushed some of Luhan’s hair out of his face. “Only a minute or two. How did your exams go?”

“Good! I already got the first one back. I got a hundred percent!”

“And you say you need my help to study,” Sehun couldn’t help but feel incredibly proud because Luhan had reached his goal.

“Mhm… We need to talk about that! But first… Do you have any plans for the first of December?”

Sehun laughed at him. “Hyung… That’s still whole month away. Why would I have any plans already?”

“Perfect! You’ll be spending that day with me!”

“Everything you want, hyung. But… Is there a reason for it?” He got a little curious.

“I’ll tell you a little later! I really need some bubble tea first,” Luhan grabbed his hand and dragged him to the counter.

“I may remind you that it’s my turn to pay? No backing off this time,” Sehun said loud enough for the girl behind the counter to hear.

“Fine… I’ll pay the next two times.”

Sehun just rolled his eyes and paid for their drinks. “Where do you want to sit?”

“How about we take a little walk while drinking?”

“Are you okay, hyung? You hate drinking while walking,” the teen thought the older was behaving a little strange that day.

“There are just too many people here and I have been locked into my small dorm room with Kris for nearly three weeks.”

“Was it that bad?”

“No… He had to study as well… But he’s a little like Jongin! He just pretends to study.”

“I see… Well then… Let’s get going,” Sehun let his hyung lead the way.

By the time they sat down at a park bench both of them had finished their drinks.

“We got a date for our performance, by the way,” he told Luhan and started to play with the hem of his jacket.

“Really? Why are you telling me that just now?”

“I’ve known it for two days and I wanted you to fully concentrate on studying. Make sure to keep the fifth of December free. It starts at six. And my mum said to tell you that she’d be happy if she could give you a ride there.”

Luhan grinned at him. “She really doesn’t need to.”

“She wants you to be there for lunch… Sorry!”

“Oh…”

“I can tell her you don’t have time.”

“No… I’d love to!”

“I won’t be there… We’ll be preparing for the performance by then,” Sehun told him.

“Even better. That doubles the chance to see some of your baby pictures and stuff,” Luhan winked at him.

“I burnt all of them! … You said we needed to talk about our study sessions? And I really want to know what’s up with the first of December.”

“She already promised me to show me some of them once we’re alone. And yeah… I won’t come over to study anymore,” Luhan looked him in the eye.

“Why?” Sehun was shocked. That would mean that they wouldn’t meet that much anymore.

“I found a friend at university. He’s Korean and he already has to study all of that stuff. So you won’t have to learn stuff that you’ll never need again,” he told the still shocked teen.

“But I have no problem with doing that. I enjoy having you over!” Sehun felt like crying. This conversation was heading in a direction he didn’t like at all.

“I never said that I would stop coming over. I’d just prefer not to come to your place at weekends from now on. Your parents are everywhere on weekends,” the blonde frowned. What did any of this have to do with Sehun’s parents?

“What are you talking about?”

“I want you to come to my dorm if you want to see me on the weekend. Kris normally spends the whole day out,” Luhan took his hand. The teen still didn’t get it. He didn’t even know Kris and he honestly didn’t care what that guy did in his free time.

“Don’t look at me like you just got hit by a truck. What I’m trying to say is that I’d like to spend my time with only you. And I’d rather enjoy it if your mum didn’t come into you room every five minutes.” Sehun just nodded along. He didn’t like his mother barging in as well.

Luhan just giggled. “You still don’t get it, right?”

“I do! You don’t want to see my mother anymore and I as a teacher. And you’re lonely when Kris isn’t around,” the brown haired summed up.

“No, you idiot,” another laugh. “I really like your mum. And you didn’t at all. I just plan on doing other stuff when being over in the future…”

A minute of silence followed.

“Sorry… I have no idea what you’re trying to say,” Sehun admitted.

“What I’m trying to tell you is that… Why is this so hard?”

“Sorry?”

“Okay… the first of December!”

“Yeah… The first of December is being to be a pretty cold day, I guess…”

“I guess… But I want to meet you on that day because it’s exactly one month from today,” Luhan tried.

“You know that you look really cute, when you’re desperate, right?” Sehun just had to tell him that.

“And you still look pretty cute when you’re being stupid,” the older smiled a little and cleared his throat.

“Just tell me what you want! It can’t be that bad, right?”

“Could you please be my boyfriend starting from today…Which would make us celebrate our first month anniversary on the first of December?”

“Sure!” It took Sehun a little to realize what Luhan had just said. “Wait… What?”

“You heard me,” Luhan mumbled and looked at their fingers that were still intertwined.

“You really mean that?” Sehun swore he’d never grinned that much before. The older just nodded. “I’d love to.”

Luhan looked back up at him. “You would?”

Sehun just nodded and crashed his boyfriend in a hug.

“You’re supposed to kiss me now,” Luhan whispered.

“Sorry!” He pulled the Chinese on his lap and made sure to kiss him like he never did before.

 

 

A/N: Okay... here we go with Sehun being.... hiself...
I've actually written that a few days ago and after reading your comments I think I should have put more BaekYeol in there... I'll try to mention them more from now on XD