Chp 9

Kyuhyun... It's been hard on you.

Although I lived within commuting distance from SM, which is why I didn't live in the dorms as a trainee, I was told by one of their managers to move into the dorms with the rest of the Super Junior members for the sake of convenience of transportation for group activities.

I wasn't sure how to feel. At the same time that I loved the idea that I would get to know each of them better, and couldn't wait to be welcomed as a part of Super Junior, that they were so cold to me the last time I saw them kept nagging at me. I was told to show up at the dorm at around 8 at night, and was promised that most of the members should be there to help me move in. So when I arrived at the doorstep with my luggage in that apartment building with the keys that I had received from one of the managers, I expected most of them to be ready for my appearance. However, this did not seem to be the case. When I rang the doorbell, since I didn't want to just walk into the place, a very hostile Donghae opened the door as if expecting a fangirl at the door. Seeing me, he was very surprised.

"What are you doing here?" asked Donghae in his characteristic Mokpo accent.

"I was told to move in with you today," I said.

"What is this?" he said in surprise. "You're moving in today?"

"I was told that you would know," I said awkwardly.

"Okay, well, come in," he said, opening the door all the way. I bowed and brought my luggage inside. The place was a ruckus; all 12 of them lived in this place, so that was to be expected. However, when I went further into the apartment and all of them saw me inside, the laughter and the noise went down and I was greeted with cold faces. I was taken aback. Were they still angry at me for the dance practice yesterday?

"Hello," I said, bowing several times. I was greeted with a moment of silence and cold stares.

"Why are you here?" said Sungmin, without a trace of smile on his face. I felt my face flush, and I opened my mouth to answer, but no sound came out. I had not expected this.

"He's apparently moving in today," said Donghae, coming to my rescue. This statement was greeted by a few wide eyes and scoffs of the members who were in the living room. The members who were relaxing in their rooms had noticed the atmosphere and come out of their rooms, and stood there, surprised to see me. There was a very awkward silence as I stood there and the others stared at me.

"It's rude to come to other people's houses without contacting them first," said Kangin.

"I -" I wanted to speak, but I had no idea what was going on. I guessed that there was some sort of lack of communication between them and the managers, and they hadn't told the team that I would be moving in today. "Sorry," I said, bowing my head. I had never felt so awkward in my whole life. "I was told that you would know."

"What the hell," said Shindong under his breath. "Did they tell you which room you're using?"

"No," I said, my face feeling hot.

"Okay. Who's going to take the kid into their room?" asked Shindong. There was a silence in which everyone looked at each other. I lifted my head to look around too, but no one had volunteered.

"There's really no room in any of our rooms to accommodate another person," said Eunhyuk. "Can he just sleep in the living room?"

Leeteuk looked at him. "No, I don't want to see him sprawled out here every morning," he said. There was another silence and Leeteuk said, "Sungmin and Donghae, you guys have the biggest room. Take him to your room."

"What? You and Kangin hyung's room is at least twice as big as ours," said Donghae. Sungmin nodded in agreement.

"You're not going to listen to me?" said Leeteuk, raising his voice a notch, irritated. Donghae and Sungmin fell silent. "He'll move into your room," confirmed Leeteuk. I saw Donghae and Sungmin shoot me irritated looks. I stayed silent.

Leeteuk turned his head to look at the TV that he was watching before I came in. Then, everyone ignored me and went back to what they were doing before. Flustered and unsure of what to do, I stood there. This is when Sungmin stood up and left the dorm in clear annoyance. "Hey!" said Leeteuk. Sungmin didn't look twice and left the apartment, slamming the door shut behind him. The other members gave each other uneasy glances.

"He'll be in trouble if the managers find out," said Siwon. "Should I go and bring him back?"

"No, you'll be in trouble too," said Leeteuk. "I'll call him soon."

I was still standing around, awkward, when Donghae pointed to the second room down the hallway and addressed me. "It's that one," he said. I was very relieved by this small gesture. I bowed a little and followed him into the room. Although they said it was the biggest room in the apartment, it was still tiny; the only thing that was there was two beds and two closets. There was a tiny desk that was so messy that the surface of it couldn't be seen. I looked around a bit, and then looked at Donghae. Although he had been the one to communicate with me so far, he didn't seem pleased.

"I'm sorry for the inconvenience, sunbaenim," I said.

Donghae glared at me for a second. "Just so you know, if you touch any of our stuff, we'll kill you. That includes our beds and closet space," he said.

"Okay," I said, trying to sound like that didn't bother me. I knew he was implying that I would have to sleep on the floor, and that I would have to live out of my luggage cases for a while. Even so, all I could do was bow and comply. He was both older and a senior. I wasn't going to argue with him anytime soon.

There was only one spot in the entire room that was large enough for me to lie down in, which was the far wall by the window. I wheeled in my luggage to that area and sat on the floor. I would have wanted to unpack, but how could I? There was nowhere to do that. Donghae looked at me sitting on the floor for a second, then laid on the bed and opened up his laptop. I dug through my bag to find my physics textbook and started reading but as soon as I did so, I heard a ruckus in the living room.

"Come back to the dorm right now!" I heard Leeteuk yell angrily from the living room. I looked up, but the door was closed and I couldn't see anything. I eyed Donghae, who was also looking at the door. I looked at Donghae again and got up to go back to the living room. Leeteuk was on the phone, clearly with Sungmin. "You're going to get it if you're not back in 5 minutes," said Leeteuk, seething.

I stood at the doorway, unsure of what to do. Leeteuk, who had hung up, saw me standing there. I bowed a little. "Should... I go find him?" Leeteuk looked at me in annoyance, and looked away without saying anything. He then got up, brushed past me and went out the door. Unsure of whether I was supposed to follow, I stood there without moving. When I had finally opened the door to decided to go outside to find Sungmin, Leeteuk was already nowhere to be seen. Soon, the elevator dinged and I was about to go inside the elevator when someone came out of it. To my horror, it was one of the managers.

"Kyuhyun, did you move in already?" he asked with a smile.

"Um..." I said, unsure of what I was supposed to say. "I - yes. Yes, my stuff is in the apartment."

"So what are you doing out here?" he said, frowning.

"Uh... just wanted fresh air," I said, improvising wildly.

"I need you to call or text me every time and ask permission to leave the suite," he said. "It's a good thing I found you before you went outside the building. Let's go back inside," he said.

"Yes, sir," I said. I followed him inside, knowing that there would be trouble. But for now, there was nothing else I could do.