Chp 42

Kyuhyun... It's been hard on you.

As soon as the manager hyung left, all of the members returned to their own rooms, and Ryeowook also came back into his room.

"How're you feeling?" he asked, his face full of deep concern.

I opened my mouth to respond, then closed it again. I stared into Ryeowook's eyes, and held back new tears from b the corners of my eyes again. There are just two weeks left of this, Ryeowook. And you've done so much for me when I've done nothing for you. There was so much I wanted to express to him; I wanted to thank him for being the first to open up to me, for his infinite patience with me, for being there for me when no one else was, for thinking about me when no one else was. I wanted to tell him that I couldn't have come this far without him. I wanted to say that I was so sorry that I never got to show him how much I appreciated him. And I wanted to say that I was so, so sorry that in two weeks, he would never want to talk to me again. I looked at him for a long time before finally speaking.

"I'm okay," I said finally. Really? Was that all I could say?

"Do you want to finish the drama?" asked Ryewook.

A small laugh escaped me before I even knew it. "You're impossible," I said.

"I'm kidding," said Ryeowook, smiling back. "You sleep on my bed tonight."

I bit my lip. How was I supposed to so selfishly accept a gesture of friendship when I knew that it would all be over in two weeks? Ryeowook had done so much for me, and the least I could do was let him sleep on his own bed for the two weeks. "No, you go ahead," I said.

"Stop being so stubborn. Your being so stubborn is always what gets you into trouble," said Ryeowook.

"Ryeowook, I can't," I said. I closed my eyes in exasperation. God, why was talking to him suddenly so hard? "I really can't."

"Fine. You can do whatever you want, but I'm sleeping on the floor tonight. So either you can sleep on the bed, or neither of us sleeps on the bed today," said Ryeowook, crossing his arms.

"Don't be stupid," I said, shaking my head. I walked slowly towards the door to let myself out of Ryeowook's room, wincing with each step. As I put my hand on the door, Ryeowook sighed and I felt his hands take my arms from behind.

"You can't even walk. Please just listen to me for once," said Ryeowook. I turned around to look at him. God, the guilt was too much. I had to say something...

"I'm so sorry," I managed, and I felt my mouth distort. No, don't start crying again. I covered my mouth with the back of my hand and looked up at the ceiling.

"For what? Kyuhyun, just get on the bed," said Ryeowook, taking my arm and putting it around his shoulders.

"No, go away," I said, pulling myself away. And before he could say anything else, I opened the door and stepped out of his room. I turned around to see Ryeowook about to say something, but I closed the door on him before he got a chance to start. I heard Ryeowook sigh behind the closed door, but he didn't follow me out into the hallway, much to my relief.

I slowly made my way to Donghae and Sungmin's room and was halfway there when I heard a voice behind me.

"Hey, Cho Kyuhyun."

I turned my head to see Siwon standing in the hallway. Surprised, I bowed.

"Sunbaenim," I said.

"You can use a part of my closet," said Siwon. "You can unpack tomorrow."

I hung my head. "Sunbaenim, thank you, but - " But what? I'll have to pack it all back up in two weeks anyway? I looked up in time to see Siwon raise his eyebrows. " - It's okay. I'll be okay. Thank you for the thought."

"Why won't you use it?" said Siwon with a frown.

"Um... Sungmin and Donghae hyung promised me they'd make room for my things in their closet soon," I improvised. Siwon nodded.

"That's fair," said Siwon. He nodded again. "Well, sleep tight."

"Good night, sunbaenim," I said with a bow.

Siwon turned around to go into his own room, and I sighed and walked into Donghae and Sungmin's room.

When I opened the door, I knew Sungmin could sleep through anything but I was surprised to see Donghae still awake, sitting at his keyboard. I bowed a little, and Donghae looked up.

"Kyuhyun," said Donghae with a serious face. Nervous, I bowed again.

"I'm really so sorry," I said apologetically. "I didn't mean to make a scene."

Donghae shook his head. "Manager hyung just called. He said I can take Wednesday off to visit my dad, thanks to you," said Donghae. He looked at me, his eyes wet. I didn't know what to say.

"Um... that's great," I said, awkward.

"You're coming, right?"

"What?" I said, surprised. "Um, no, I don't have that day off, hyung," I said.

"I asked manager hyung if you could come with me. He said you were only scheduled for practice that day anyway," said Donghae.

"Hyung - hyung, no, I'm already taking tomorrow off, I can't take Wednesday off as well," I said.

"Well, think about it," said Donghae with a small smile. "It would mean a lot."

"Hyung..." Two weeks. Why did I have to meet Donghae's dad when I wasn't going to see Donghae ever again after two weeks?

"Kyuhyun... Thank you," said Donghae genuinely.

I looked away. I had to stop getting emotionally attached. It's over in two weeks.

"You're welcome," I said without looking at him.

"Do you want to sleep on my bed ton - "

"No," I said, cutting him off. Why was everyone doing this today? "I mean... No, thank you. I'm fine."

As I laid down on the floor over the blankets, I suddenly felt a surge of anger at the manager hyung. What was he playing at, making me stay an extra two weeks? What are those extra two weeks supposed to do except to make everything harder for me?

I sighed. I closed my eyes and let the emotions overtake the pain, and I started crying silently again.